Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

PREY (Nightmare Difficulty) #49 : Dying for a conversation?

I've been thinking about why Gopher is so obsessed that he is a typhon and decided waking up in a strange place with no immediate memories... and then get conflicting stories about what is happening and what you did in the past... well, role-playing might be appropriate for a state of total confusion.

My take is that Morgan wanted to create a new society on earth of enhanced humans. 

My only question is whether the typhons are actually aliens or are something they created... some new artificial life form.

Gophers question is whether they were killing people to make new implants. So you have to wonder if the test subjects were dying and looking for some form of immortality or if they were all criminals sentenced to death. I am not sure Gopher would be happy with either situation. :P

Gopher and his Golden Gun is really funny... :lol:

Aaaand this is where stuff really kicks off in this game, lol. Gopher's not going to have as much quiet time to think things over anymore with the Operator dispensers spitting out an endless supply of Military Operators. :P 

51 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

I've been thinking about why Gopher is so obsessed that he is a typhon and decided waking up in a strange place with no immediate memories... and then get conflicting stories about what is happening and what you did in the past... well, role-playing might be appropriate for a state of total confusion.

My take is that Morgan wanted to create a new society on earth of enhanced humans. 

My only question is whether the typhons are actually aliens or are something they created... some new artificial life form.

Gophers question is whether they were killing people to make new implants. So you have to wonder if the test subjects were dying and looking for some form of immortality or if they were all criminals sentenced to death. I am not sure Gopher would be happy with either situation. :P

Gopher and his Golden Gun is really funny... :lol:

Well, the Typhon were shown to be aliens pretty early on, in one of the "first encounter" videos that he saw (which was timestamped like...50+ years or something prior to the current events of the game, iirc) where some dude got attacked by a Mimic while space-walking to perform maintenance on a moon satellite or something. At some point after that Talos 1 came to be what it is now in order to study the Typhon, and now under TranStar ownership for their use in Neuromod production (this is all based on stuff that Gopher has read/encountered, so I'm not spoiling anything).

As for the source of the test subjects and "volunteers" for Neuromod production, it seems to be a little bit of both: Actual volunteers who wanted to have their skills recorded and passed down (such as the baseball player and the pianist), who came aboard Talos 1 to have their minds mapped for their skillsets; And then for the physical production of the Neuromods themselves, they used "volunteers" who were either criminals or some other form of dissidence who were brought to Talos 1 under false pretenses of getting a second chance (and perhaps some falsified records) to be used for Mimic/exotic material production.

1 hour ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

Aaaand this is where stuff really kicks off in this game, lol. Gopher's not going to have as much quiet time to think things over anymore with the Operator dispensers spitting out an endless supply of Military Operators. :P 

Well, the Typhon were shown to be aliens pretty early on, in one of the "first encounter" videos that he saw (which was timestamped like...50+ years or something prior to the current events of the game, iirc) where some dude got attacked by a Mimic while space-walking to perform maintenance on a moon satellite or something. At some point after that Talos 1 came to be what it is now in order to study the Typhon, and now under TranStar ownership for their use in Neuromod production (this is all based on stuff that Gopher has read/encountered, so I'm not spoiling anything).

As for the source of the test subjects and "volunteers" for Neuromod production, it seems to be a little bit of both: Actual volunteers who wanted to have their skills recorded and passed down (such as the baseball player and the pianist), who came aboard Talos 1 to have their minds mapped for their skillsets; And then for the physical production of the Neuromods themselves, they used "volunteers" who were either criminals or some other form of dissidence who were brought to Talos 1 under false pretenses of getting a second chance (and perhaps some falsified records) to be used for Mimic/exotic material production.

True, but so much stuff has been faked. When I played the game I kept wondering if I was going to open the wrong door and walk out onto a Los Angeles street.

I also questioned the volunteers themselves... were they what they seemed? Did initial procedures change them? Did they initially volunteer for life extension and then during the mind wipe procedures forget who they were. Were they being programmed to think they were prisoners?

You have to remember I was actually in a MKUltra school... so I naturally mistrust everything. You're always asking: What is true?

Edited by Cryzeteur