Gopher's Minions

Hi there, 

I'm Lilli. Been modding skyrim for a few years now but never really found the perfect load order. I came here in hopes to connect with people who could set me up with a really nice mod list after a few conversations regarding the mods i prefer. I aim to someday be making fully voiced followers on the Nexus but first I need a stable game :) So uh yeah... thats why im here... also Gopher's vids rock.  

K thanks for reading :D

Welcome Lilli ! 

I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for here. You might have to navigate between some waves of pure madness and insanity , but since your a komandr you'll probably manage :D 

See you around ;) 

Edited by Silverthorn1111

Hi Lilli. Welcome to modding bliss.

As you enjoy the strange cookies and duck from flying cats with flame throwers, I am sure you will find the help you are looking for.

Modding Skyrim is a passion of mine, but building a fun modded game and making mods are two totally separate endeavors.

Creating mods that do not do strange things and fail at the wrong time requires making the mods on either a vanilla game with no mods, or maybe one or so DLCs but no mods. 

Then you have to decide whether you are modding oldSkyrim or SkyrimSE. Personally, I was developing a mod on old Skyrim but I don't think there is much future in oldSkyrim so I switched my mod to SkyrimSE.

I play oldSkyrim for fun using some hundred mods.

I keep SkyrinSE in vanilla (virgin, unmodded) so my new mod doesn't have unknown dependencies.

Anyway, best wishes... and Welcome...

Edited by Cryzeteur

Specifically what I am looking for help for is to add a few mods to a mod list i found on Reddit. I like the idea of the load order here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wHajC2gT3VqnO0NaE4vDh2OZF3Va5RSFXT-u9VkrdRU/edit?pli=1#gid=0) but I want to add a few things he didn't add. The mods I would like to add are CUYC (clean up your corpses), Dark Fantasy Overhaul (if needed), an ENB (because I don't see one specifically listed), bodyslide + armors for it, and Deadly Mutilation. Also either Open Civil War or The Honored Dead (or both if possible). Basically I want to create the scary dark fantasy like Brodual's video but using SuicidalBaby's mod list for it. If any heavily experienced modders could provide me some insight that would be awesome :D

4 hours ago, komandr44 said:

Specifically what I am looking for help for is to add a few mods to a mod list i found on Reddit. I like the idea of the load order here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wHajC2gT3VqnO0NaE4vDh2OZF3Va5RSFXT-u9VkrdRU/edit?pli=1#gid=0) but I want to add a few things he didn't add. The mods I would like to add are CUYC (clean up your corpses), Dark Fantasy Overhaul (if needed), an ENB (because I don't see one specifically listed), bodyslide + armors for it, and Deadly Mutilation. Also either Open Civil War or The Honored Dead (or both if possible). Basically I want to create the scary dark fantasy like Brodual's video but using SuicidalBaby's mod list for it. If any heavily experienced modders could provide me some insight that would be awesome :D

I haven't had any problem running Dark Fantasy Overhaul (didn't like it/// too much purple), CUYC using LOOT load order.

SkyrimSE doesn't really need an ENB but Gopher explores several and makes suggestions. Personally I do not use an ENB with SkyrimSE. I do use ENB with oldSkyrim and followed Gopher's instructions for installing. No problems.

I often have problems running  Civil War because, partly strain on my computer, but I think it also has some functionality glitches that show up at odd times.

Yes there are some cool bodyslide armors, but I make my own armor textures so I usually ignore bodyslide which seems to cause glitches in my system.

I tried Deadly Mutilation once. I didn't find any problems using LOOT load order. I didn't really like it so I don't use it.

I have never tried the Honored Dead. It is possible that I loaded it once but do not remember ever playing it. Don't remember why.

Quite often if I have a problem running something I tweak it until it works and then immediately forget what I did. I often clean mods with the editor and create Merged Patches. I don't always do this because every time there is an update you lose all that work..

Best of luck. If you have a specific problem just ask and someone here may be able to help.

BTW I went through Suicidal Baby's Mod List and you should realize that you are not supposed to install all of those mods at once. I have run 300 mods at once but I do not recommend more than 150... partly because it is a nuisance when problems occur... also because I install new mods to try them out fairly frequently and doing so often messes up my game and I have to start over.

Many mods in that list are for seasoned modders that really understand what they are doing. If you are not that skilled I do not suggest using the more advanced tools. Gopher explains the use of those tools that are easiest to use and best for medium level modders.

Some of the recommended mods must be installed with extreme care. If you mess up the installation in the slightest it can ruin your game and you have to start over.

That said, the list is sound. The recommendations are sound. The advice is sound. I do most of this, but not all, because I am lazy. I have done it all, one time or another.

I appreciate the welcomes and the advice,, however, I am an experienced modder. I should have specified and said that I need help putting the mods that I wanted to add in the proper order alongside of the mods on that list. Also I'd heard that Special Edition is rubbish and i shouldn't switch over to it.

51 minutes ago, komandr44 said:

I appreciate the welcomes and the advice,, however, I am an experienced modder. I should have specified and said that I need help putting the mods that I wanted to add in the proper order alongside of the mods on that list. Also I'd heard that Special Edition is rubbish and i shouldn't switch over to it.

For the new mods, just add what you want, sort with LOOT and open the game to see if they work. I would add one at a time as you only have a few. Read descriptions thoroughly and do as told. After adding and sorting with LOOT and cleaning if LOOT says they need cleaning, then delete the old merged patch and make a new one. Activate the merged patch and you should be good. Try it. If it works. All is good. If LOOT doesn't know what to do with a mod it usually just puts it as the last item loaded. Last items always overwrite everything before, but you can adjust that in the merged patch.

BTW... SkyrimSE is not rubbish but it is different and you have to do different things to make everything happy. Watch Gopher's vids on SkyrimSE, they are good. In 64 bit mods you have to worry about such things as materials.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Welcome Lilli!

Hope you enjoy your stay, if you want protection against insanity just ask me i might be able to find some spare noodlecups somewhere ^_^

They should still have a rating of 33% chance of protection against insanity... i think *blows dust of the noodle cups*

Also here haz some pink cause when im here every welcome thread needs some

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:11 AM, komandr44 said:

Hi there, 

I'm Lilli. Been modding skyrim for a few years now but never really found the perfect load order. I came here in hopes to connect with people who could set me up with a really nice mod list after a few conversations regarding the mods i prefer. I aim to someday be making fully voiced followers on the Nexus but first I need a stable game :) So uh yeah... thats why im here... also Gopher's vids rock.  

K thanks for reading :D

Just in case we misunderstood each other...

There is no perfect load order... there are only load orders that work for you.

You can use Skyrim Editor TES5Edit to see what is conflicting if anything in the new mods. 

No two people run the same mods. Everyone has preferences. I run one batch for one game and switch to another for a different play through. I played a dark fantasy game last year and had no problems but there are a bunch of new mods out to try for a new game.

Hope you found what you were looking for... :)

Edited by Cryzeteur

Also... It is very difficult to know what level modder someone is so please forgive me if I am either talking up or down to you. If I am not answering your question feel free to clarify exactly what you are looking for. Right now I am assuming you are at a certain level of modding and I am probably totally wrong. :lol: