Jump to content
Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

PREY (Nightmare Difficulty) #27 : Brotherly Love

Recommended Posts

When Gopher started to mention considering installing something to help him with the Hacking minigame, I was hoping he was going to say "mod". lol

Edited by Sup3rNo7a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

When Gopher started to mention considering installing something to help him with the Hacking minigame, I was hoping he was going to say "mod". lol

I have looked for a mod to aid hacking but have not found one. This engine is not easy to mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

I have looked for a mod to aid hacking but have not found one. This engine is not easy to mod.

There is this one that Caloss2 mentioned some time back.   Although, it don't "aid" the hacking, it actually removes the obstacles in the mini game.  Works fine most of the times when I played Prey.  Was on a couple occasions it didn't and had to do my best to play through the mini game without being zapped.. lol

On 08/09/2017 at 10:56 PM, Caloss2 said:

I hate the hacking, it only gets worse as you get higher levels, far more than locking picking in bethesda games, thankfully though.

http://www.nexusmods.com/prey2017/mods/8/?

You still need to have the  hacking skill-1-2-3 etc required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the problem with these hacking systems is that they need to pick one or the other: either require skill points to hack higher level things, or add a minigame that gets harder to complete if the difficulty of the lock is harder. But not both.

Honestly, lockpicking in Skyrim has it right. Every lock can be unlocked with enough patience regardless of your skill-point commitment or the difficulty of the lock. The only thing that makes it hard is the precision necessary to find the sweet spot. The hacking minigames in Prey and Fallout (and the lockpicking in fallout) do it wrong because not only do you need skill-point commitments to even attempt the unlock/hack, you also need to complete a minigame. They should just pick one or the other, either make it skill-point-based or minigame-based, not both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

I feel like the problem with these hacking systems is that they need to pick one or the other: either require skill points to hack higher level things, or add a minigame that gets harder to complete if the difficulty of the lock is harder. But not both.

Honestly, lockpicking in Skyrim has it right. Every lock can be unlocked with enough patience regardless of your skill-point commitment or the difficulty of the lock. The only thing that makes it hard is the precision necessary to find the sweet spot. The hacking minigames in Prey and Fallout (and the lockpicking in fallout) do it wrong because not only do you need skill-point commitments to even attempt the unlock/hack, you also need to complete a minigame. They should just pick one or the other, either make it skill-point-based or minigame-based, not both.

You are right about Skyrim lockpicking. It is not annoying. 

Fallout isn't too terrible but it does get annoying.

Prey is ridiculous. I almost get an anxiety attack just thinking about hacking in Prey.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×