Gopher's Minions

Hello fellow minions,

I am new here (duh!), though I have watched Gopher's videos for a long time (I think I started watching somewhere in 2014). Anyway, about me, I like writing, both fanfiction and non-fanfiction, though almost always in a magic setting. I have created several characters, centering around the character Jerion 'Wyverntamer' Kràl, and no, my account isn't named after him, it is the other way around. I used to play a lot of games, but due to messing something up in the settings of my laptop, it doesn't work that well anymore, so I pass my time mostly writing and reading fanfiction. I also go to middle school in the Netherlands (equivalent to the American high school). And I really, really enjoy all kinds of music with sensible lyrics, it's rare to see me without at least one earbud in nowadays. That's about it.

I hope to have a great time here!

Wyverntamer

11 minutes ago, Wyverntamer said:

I like writing, both fanfiction and non-fanfiction, though almost always in a magic setting. I have created several characters, 

due to messing something up in the settings of my laptop, it doesn't work that well anymore,

Sorry to hear about your laptop, since most of the software usually comes built in it is usually hard to mess them up. If you have something like a Surface Pro then it is more like a regular computer and the solutions are usually the same as working with a standard computer. Maybe someone computer savey can help you get it fixed.

Anyway, welcome to the Minions!

We have many writers and programmers and techy nerds around here. Our goal is to solve the Universe! ... and have fun...

If you have been sulking in the shadows since 2014 you already know about the flying cats with flame throwers and rocket launchers... and you know not to accept cookies from strangers! Have Fun!

12 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Sorry to hear about your laptop, since most of the software usually comes built in it is usually hard to mess them up. If you have something like a Surface Pro then it is more like a regular computer and the solutions are usually the same as working with a standard computer. Maybe someone computer savey can help you get it fixed.

Anyway, welcome to the Minions!

We have many writers and programmers and techy nerds around here. Our goal is to solve the Universe! ... and have fun...

If you have been sulking in the shadows since 2014 you already know about the flying cats with flame throwers and rocket launchers... and you know not to accept cookies from strangers! Have Fun!

Hehe... Yeah, I have had some of my more tech-savvy friends look at it, they don't know exactly what I did but they suspect it has something to do with the general wear and tear from all my intensive use (and clumsiness) and me messing things up. I have resigned myself to it and am saving up for a good gaming PC, it'll be sometime after I get a job though.

Thanks for the kind greetings!

Edited by Wyverntamer
forgot stuff

If you damaged the hardware not much can be done other than to send it back to the manufacturer for a revamp. That is the disadvantage of a laptop. If it is software damage then the whole system could be reloaded but the ease of that depends of how much is in volatile memory and how much is burned in. Regardless, laptops usually require expert handling to restore messed up memory even if there is no physical damage. Even restoring the operating system of a desktop requires quite a bit of preparation.

Well.. that reminds me... I need to clean my computer... :P