Gopher's Minions
jeancly

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Games

Hi everybody, a few months ago i got the stalker games from GOG in a discount and as a group with Gopher affiliate link. Never got to play it. Which should be the order i play them ? Also are there nobrainer mods for the first time i play them ? like textures or reworks ecc ecc ?

I believe the order is:

Chernobyl Exclusion Zone

Clear sky

Call of Pripyat

and then   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2    (However, personally  Stalker 2 just didn't seem like it fit with the rest of them.)

As far as Mod   I did not play with any mods.    Just headset and dark room.

i believe the most safe ones would be Complete overhauls - if you dont mind starting with overhauls, that is

http://artistpavel.blogspot.ru/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html

http://artistpavel.blogspot.ru/2010/01/mod-clear-sky-complete.html

http://artistpavel.blogspot.ru/2010/04/mod-call-of-pripyat-complete.html

i think their main focus is visuals, but you better read the descriptions for yourself

Edited by Arjy Yu

thank you guys ! Will check the mods!

EDIT: ok yes... mmm is there a way to have subtitles ? XD i'm understanding most of the english but the russian guys not so much XD

Edited by jeancly

11 hours ago, jeancly said:

but the russian guys not so much XD

I can translate the lines for you, as they repeat :   

first    "Hello comrade,  your going to Die"

Second   "Hello comrade,  It is dark outside,  your going to Die"

Third       "Hey Comrade, your not dead yet,  do you have any bullets?

Forth     *repeat first"

Fifth      "hello Comrade, do you know where I parked my Lada Priora, I am going to die."

Hope this helps. 

5 minutes ago, jeancly said:

no worries ahahaah, do you speak russian ? pretty cool, my mother does too and it is a AWESOME language.

@jeanclyHe better know how, HaHa

@Arjy Yu I got to ask. Is " cheeki breeki " a real slang word or comment in Russian? If s what would be the translation to english?  (Kiss my ass?)

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

I got to ask. Is " cheeki breeki " a real slang word or comment in Russian? If s what would be the translation to english?  (Kiss my ass?)

honestly, id say that i fist heard anyone saying 'cheeki breeki' in STALKER game  ;)

however, it might be that sort of slang i just never had a chance to hear - like jail, or outlaws

it has no real meaning, similar to smth like 'yippee-ki-yay' from Die Hard (have i even written it right ...)

Edited by Arjy Yu

well, one of the dictionaries gives the meaning 'everything ok'

... nameless, this video is in english - sorry, but why would i want to treat it as a primary source ?..

( althou the author is most likely russian - judging by the accent  :P )

Edited by Arjy Yu

24 minutes ago, unnamedguy21 said:

>Literally posts video explaining what 'cheeki breeki' is.

>Gets ignored.

Feels bad, man.

@unnamedguy21 I did not mean to ignore your post, sorry. I really wanted Arjy Yu's thoughts on the words. I did enjoy the video you posted.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, OutandBack said:

Don't you just luv how Gophers channel connects people from the entire world? I do and I hope he is prowd of that.

Yes. I have noticed and think it is cool.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, Arjy Yu said:

honestly, id say that i fist heard anyone saying 'cheeki breeki' in STALKER game  ;)

however, it might be that sort of slang i just never had a chance to hear - like jail, or outlaws

it has no real meaning, similar to smth like 'yippee-ki-yay' from Die Hard (have i even written it right ...)

yippee-ki-yay is supposed to mean "Whoopie!" as an expression of joy. However, as I was once a cowboy, actually had four horses and rode in a rodeo... we used it more like "Git-along-lil-doggie: when herding cattle.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, OutandBack said:

@Arjy Yu I got to ask. Is " cheeki breeki " a real slang word or comment in Russian? If s what would be the translation to english?  (Kiss my ass?)

I assumed " cheeki breeki " meant "Hey look at this amazing distraction!" for what ever reason...

14 hours ago, Flyddon said:

I hear another STALKER game to be released in 2018  Noises of the Zone.     I hope it's good.

A new Stalker game would really make my 2018. 

A quick google shows this is fan project not a real STALKER from the devs.

STALKER: Noises of the Zone - First Gameplay Demo (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Fan Project) New Open World Game! No release date for now. Support the game on FB: https://www.facebook.com/achievedwith...

6 hours ago, OutandBack said:

A quick google shows this is fan project not a real STALKER from the devs.

Oh Great :angry:     Just rain on my parade why don't  you.   @Outandback   good thing for you we don't live in the Roman times,  that whole message thing would totally apply right now.  jk

5 hours ago, Flyddon said:

Oh Great :angry:     Just rain on my parade why don't  you.   @Outandback   good thing for you we don't live in the Roman times,  that whole message thing would totally apply right now.  jk

I am every bit a bumed as you.

Also the plot thickens over on Steam. It looks like this fan group has tried to rewrite the entire game with their mod included using the Cry engine and some are saying the original dev team will not allow the mod to be released. Youtube has several short gameplay videos of this mod posted.