Gopher's Minions
mikegray

Cool Gift from my Daughter

First of all - hi fellow Minions!

I've been meaning to join this forum for a long time, only just got a round to it. But I have been watching Gopher's videos since about 2012, and I've been in on his Patreon since it got going.  

Anyway: My 20-year-old daughter and I are both big fans - and a while back she had access to a 3d CNC machine for wood work. She lifted Gopher's logo and used the router to make me my very own Gopher coaster. I think it's pretty cool - and undeniable proof of fanboy nerdity! (Assuming you can still be a fanboy when you're 45 ... )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T7NjaIsGrDhHCvTG3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F7gFZM2QhZr5uIFi2

3 minutes ago, mikegray said:

Aargh! And I've started out with a double-post. I'm gonna die!!! 

(unless some very kind mod could just erase the double??)

This is not caused by anything you did. It is a glitch that sometimes shows up in the forum. Just wait a bit and Outlandback will fix it.

BTW your daughter's coaster is pretty cool.

Edited by Cryzeteur

6 hours ago, mikegray said:

DUDE!!

Gopher said my coaster is awesome. That means my daughter's awesome, and if so, then I'm awesome too.

GO ME!!!

Uh... I think you should stick with... "my daughter's awesome."   :D

... your wife might not appreciate being left out... 

Edited by Cryzeteur

6 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Uh... I think you should stick with... "my daughter's awesome."   :D

... your wife might not appreciate being left out... 

well at least half of him is awesome XD

Edited by jeancly

3 hours ago, jeancly said:

well at least half of him is awesome XD

Ummm that's not quite how it works....  :D  (But this isn't the place for that)

Also, love the coaster and welcome to the forums.  Someone should be along in a while to fit you with your (metaphorical) ancient nord helmet and hand you your (also metaphorical) shotgun.

26 minutes ago, TiDinzeo said:

Ummm that's not quite how it works....  :D  (But this isn't the place for that)

Also, love the coaster and welcome to the forums.  Someone should be along in a while to fit you with your (metaphorical) ancient nord helmet and hand you your (also metaphorical) shotgun.

it is how it works... egg cell aka haploid set of chromosomes from the mother  and sperm cell aka haploid set of chromosomes from the father. Meaning If the dauther is amazing he is at least half amazing.( if terminology is written wrong is because english is not my mother tongue)

5 hours ago, jeancly said:

it is how it works... egg cell aka haploid set of chromosomes from the mother  and sperm cell aka haploid set of chromosomes from the father. Meaning If the dauther is amazing he is at least half amazing.( if terminology is written wrong is because english is not my mother tongue)

You make family life so ..... digital.... :P

Bit on...Bit off... Quantum Bit (On and Off at same time)... That defines a daughter...

Come to think of it that is what defines a wife as well... maybe that is what makes them so ... too hot to handle...? <Danger! Danger! Danger! Explosives Ahead!>

Edited by Cryzeteur

48 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

You make family life so ..... digital.... :P

Bit on...Bit off... Quantum Bit (On and Off at same time)... That defines a daughter...

Come to think of it that is what defines a wife as well... maybe that is what makes them so ... too hot to handle...? <Danger! Danger! Danger! Explosives Ahead!>

That's a pretty cool little project. :D
Coasters are a good solid little products. Not so big you have to figure out where to store them, not so small they get lost. And functional too. :) Your daughter did a pretty good job.

Edit: Something something, flying-rutabaga-warning-because-my-vintage-baseball-team-practices nonestop... something... something something... obligatory recipe box link ... something... The Insanity Topic if you're into that sort of thing... something... YEP, think I covered all my bases.

Edited Edit: Don't mind my weirdness, just remember to have fun with it! :D

Edited by 1wolffan