Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

Anyone looking forward to Fallout (Project Brazil)? It's releasing soon

Silly project name. Looks like this huge mod with be in New California.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil/news/fallout-project-brazil-is-now-fallout-new-california

This is the first I have heard about this mod so if anyone is in the know about this mod please join in and give us the scoop.

thanks

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45138/?

I have heard of this mod and was interested, but my interest in returning to Fallout NV is not dominant. I am more interested in what Gopher is up to and when he decides to play it, then I will try it. With 16,000 endorsements it is bound to be good.

Wonder what "Jack" thinks...  ;)

1 hour ago, Cryzeteur said:

I have heard of this mod and was interested, but my interest in returning to Fallout NV is not dominant. I am more interested in what Gopher is up to and when he decides to play it, then I will try it. With 16,000 endorsements it is bound to be good.

Wonder what "Jack" thinks...  ;)

As I read to get smart on the mod it looks like you start a new game as a new character to play this mod. In other words Jack as we know him can not visit New California but a Jack like character could be built and played. From what I can see they only have the first chapter of several planned so Gopher might wait for the whole project to be completed before he plays it. I'm going to reload NV back on my SSD and give this mod a try.

9 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

As I read to get smart on the mod it looks like you start a new game as a new character to play this mod. In other words Jack as we know him can not visit New California but a Jack like character could be built and played. From what I can see they only have the first chapter of several planned so Gopher might wait for the whole project to be completed before he plays it. I'm going to reload NV back on my SSD and give this mod a try.

I tried a very early Alpha version as I remember 2 years ago. It was very promising. I will be interested to hear what they have done since then. As I recall it has been in development since 2013. And it is still in Beta so Gopher is unlikely to try it.

The Fallout 4 Cascadia mod is also promising.

Edited by Cryzeteur

So Ioaded a fresh copy of Fallout:NV with all DLC from steam and turned off all mods on Nexus and installed New California on a clean vanilla game, no script extender.

Built a tough strong charismatic melee character. I played for 7 hours thru the introduction phase in the vault.

This mod is very stable I did not crash once, I did get stuck between rocks in a cave and reloaded a save. I did not try any CC.

I did experience the NV micro studder when looking around (paning left or right) issues, its very noticable and tried the micro studder mod but it did not help.

Today I will try and find my way out of the vault. I did 5 of 5 in the vault quests and a ton of looting however you don't have, or I could not find, a container that does not reset often.

I spent another 4 hours running around trying to find an exit but could not. I ended up going to the nexus page and FB page to discover Chapter 1 is pretty much just your time in the vault. However you are suppost to be able to escape however I could not get/find the keys required. I do believe my game glitch somewhere near the end. I found 2 keys on dead guys and 1 key in the pocket of one of my guys however he would not give me the key. I pickpocketed it but the key opened nothing. So that is about it for this mod right now. IMO it is no where near ready for a Gopher LP. There are 5 main quests while you are in the vault all are interesting, well done and stable but that is pretty much it for now. Spoiler contains a large jpg of the games flow chart. It was only way I found my game broke.

Spoiler

36276810014_533bc805fe_o.jpg

13 hours ago, OutandBack said:

... So that is about it for this mod right now. IMO it is no where near ready for a Gopher LP. ...

Yeah... The research I did on this game made me think Beyond Skyrim will release most of it's mods before either New California or Cascadia releases... Maybe sometime around 2020.