Gopher's Minions

If Vidme is to become a think we need an admin to adjust the forum upload page.

To include it as a choice or just remove the Prefix all together. It truely adds no value IMO, just a hand full of extra clicks when post the latest LP.

I am not sure if inserting pictures has been fixed on the new forum software but I'll try. I don't think Pcat has returned so I am not sure anyone in management will see this.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4381/36896997722_6d24f0dc80_b.jpg

36896997722_6d24f0dc80_b.jpg

This seems like it could be a soundcloud channel to be honest. There is nothing to look at in pre streams. Unless Gopher uploads something else...

Vidme seems pretty young to me atm and has some annoying flaws like : Starting Rant

- There is no time stamp for where you are in the video, unless you hover over the bar, which works only once in a while. You need to remember it's negative...:huh:

- If you want to see the comments, it reopens a new page and the video starts over. <_<

- No dark theme. (Why the He*# didn't they do it black from the start ? it's 2017 ffs, everyone knows that PC screens are destroying our eyes!) :angry:

End of Rant :P

7 minutes ago, Silverthorn1111 said:

This seems like it could be a soundcloud channel to be honest. There is nothing to look at in pre streams. Unless Gopher uploads something else...

Vidme seems pretty young to me atm and has some annoying flaws like : Starting Rant

- There is no time stamp for where you are in the video, unless you hover over the bar, which works only once in a while. You need to remember it's negative...:huh:

- If you want to see the comments, it reopens a new page and the video starts over. <_<

- No dark theme. (Why the He*# didn't they do it black from the start ? it's 2017 ffs, everyone knows that PC screens are destroying our eyes!) :angry:

End of Rant :P

he is doing it simply to add traffic to vidme as a way to support it.

16 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

I wonder what the advantages of having a YouTube clone are? :huh:

Creators/viewers don't have to put up with some of the decisions youtube makes for seemingly no reason.

Youtube needs a viable competitor so they don't control the on demand internet video industry carte blanche and things get improved for the consumers.

42 minutes ago, TiDinzeo said:

Creators/viewers don't have to put up with some of the decisions youtube makes for seemingly no reason.

Youtube needs a viable competitor so they don't control the on demand internet video industry carte blanche and things get improved for the consumers.

Both of these things occurred to me, but I don't really see any advantage for Gopher... ? I mean it sounds like a good idea, but... is it really useful to Gopher? Gopher does not violate YouTube rules the way MxR does ... and MxR channel seems alive and well ... Overall it might benefit someone or something, but I just don't see it... ? Am I missing something?  Yes, I understand the Adpocolypse panic, but isn't that fixed? I suppose YouTube could get weird and do something stupid, but VIDME has so many bad restrictions that I don't see any advantage.

Edited by Cryzeteur