Gopher's Minions

FALLOUT 4 (Chapter 5) #30 : The Island

10 hours ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

Ah, finally a Settlement location that actually gives you pretty much all of the area you hoped it would when you found out it was a Settlement location. lol

Yep. It is so big that it makes you wonder why the others are so small.

I understand that they wanted each settlement to provide a sort of new challenge, but even so, you really need a mod that expands settlement borders to really build a satisfactory settlement.

2 hours ago, jeancly said:

and here we get another go at bethesda's laziness... whats up with those unscrappable trashed houses...

There are many ways to get rid of the unscrappable bits. 

Edited by Cryzeteur
3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

OR console commands... though if you want to clean up everything, I expect, you have to use creation kit.

Yeah ok this confirms xD laziness, because there is no reason for you to be able to remove trees but not remove a wooden broken down houses. I mean, if you could not remove the containers I could understand, but those broke houses are a nono. This is simply laziness from Bethesda.  

52 minutes ago, jeancly said:

Yeah ok this confirms xD laziness, because there is no reason for you to be able to remove trees but not remove a wooden broken down houses. I mean, if you could not remove the containers I could understand, but those broke houses are a nono. This is simply laziness from Bethesda.  

Actually the containers are a major annoyance. As Gopher pointed out, they should be full of valuable cargo. And the metal of the containers themselves, they should produce like 100 steel each minimum.  And while there are mods that let you get the steel from the containers, I don't think any take into account what could be inside them.

Edited by Goatcha
7 hours ago, Goatcha said:

Actually the containers are a major annoyance. As Gopher pointed out, they should be full of valuable cargo. And the metal of the containers themselves, they should produce like 100 steel each minimum.  And while there are mods that let you get the steel from the containers, I don't think any take into account what could be inside them.

I use Crazy Earl's Scrapyard with Scrap Scrap and Scrap Everything and if that is not enough you can use Scrappable Commonwealth.

The only trouble with Scrap Scrap. Scrap Everything and Scrappable Commonwealth, is that you have to be careful not to make holes in the base meshes. You can literally destroy the game. If you use these, save often so you can restore to a place where you did not do something you regret.

I only enable these mods when I really find something annoying and then disable them after.

Also, if you remove the wrong thing it can cause stutter, blurring, and other bad things because some items control loading.

Edited by Cryzeteur
8 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I use Crazy Earl's Scrapyard with Scrap Scrap and Scrap Everything and if that is not enough you can use Scrappable Commonwealth.

The only trouble with Scrap Scrap. Scrap Everything and Scrappable Commonwealth, is that you have to be careful not to make holes in the base meshes. You can literally destroy the game. If you use these, save often so you can restore to a place where you did not do something you regret.

I only enable these mods when I really find something annoying and then disable them after.

Also, if you remove the wrong thing it can cause stutter, blurring, and other bad things because some items control loading.

Forgot about Earl's, I used it for a while, but I thought it was killing my fps so I abandoned it.

3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I'm not sure, but I think all that Earl's does is change the breakdown table, which should have no effect on fps.

Relief, I may bring it back then.
I think the real reason my fps went to hell in my first playthrough was my settlement expansion mods tbh, at some point they went wild and I ended up with Hangman's Alley occupying about 50 blocks, put down a lot of turrets and well, badness.  Ended up CTD every time I entered the sector.

Its why I have resisted putting any expansion mods in my current playthrough.  That and they all give far too much extra space, In most places I want a few yards, not a few streets, just enough to compensate for the bizarre Bethesda limitations, like Somerville Place stopping half a foot from the water.

Edited by Goatcha
19 hours ago, Goatcha said:

Relief, I may bring it back then.
I think the real reason my fps went to hell in my first playthrough was my settlement expansion mods tbh, at some point they went wild and I ended up with Hangman's Alley occupying about 50 blocks, put down a lot of turrets and well, badness.  Ended up CTD every time I entered the sector.

Its why I have resisted putting any expansion mods in my current playthrough.  That and they all give far too much extra space, In most places I want a few yards, not a few streets, just enough to compensate for the bizarre Bethesda limitations, like Somerville Place stopping half a foot from the water.

Some of the boundaries are a little extreme but I like them and am running Expanded Settlements. I like building robots all around Hangman's Alley. Maybe twenty of them. Then when you go back in the area there are always fights, but they are your robots wiping out the massive respawns of enemies. I do pretty much the same thing around settlements. 

When I am in a castle building mode I really need the extra area. :)

On 8/18/2017 at 4:34 AM, Cryzeteur said:

Some of the boundaries are a little extreme but I like them and am running Expanded Settlements. I like building robots all around Hangman's Alley. Maybe twenty of them. Then when you go back in the area there are always fights, but they are your robots wiping out the massive respawns of enemies. I do pretty much the same thing around settlements. 

When I am in a castle building mode I really need the extra area. :)

The last thing I want is for fights to constantly occur near my settlements, let alone within the borders. Particularly bad is Croup Manor, pretty much all the settlement mods for that give you the entire peninsula, even mods that are properly conservative for other settlements.  This is a problem partly because its too much space and partly because of their being a flashpoint not 30 seconds walk from the house where npcs are constantly fighting.
Croup Manor above all needs expansion, can't even reach the water? When their is a dock built?  But again, same as Hangman's, I'd extend it a few yards in every direction, not half  a mile.

In other news, I just discovered I had Earl's installed all this time and had not noticed.