Gopher's Minions
Tirius

Miniopoly - A Minion Land board game

This made my day, thanks so much for recording and sharing this @DomRetana:D And just for clarification, though you may already know at this point:

• Naf's plot nextdoor was actually built by me this time around - he's not been on the server since the early days I think, and I liked the idea of building that one myself. The reason it sticks out a bit, is that Daalio's plot was a bit too wide at first, and so everything got pushed to the side to prevent collissions. Glad to see you were able to work round it.
  • The area below the "main level" is free to build in, as some of the others have done to add basements or water.
  • (fun fact) So far, your tour videos have been "walking down the board" in perfect order - Walkuria, Valley of the Blox, Asteroth and Sucrose Shores are all present, and in that order too. If I were Boom, I'd start sweeping the floor and hiding the mess in the Caverns. ;)
Edited by Tirius

Just a quick note to add that I've updated the first post with the final Claymoria image, and added a section called 'Cutting Room Floor' to store the (principal) alternate image choices, as well as a few plots that did not make the final cut. I plan to add more to the latter as I go.

Also, in accordance with the in-game board, I've switched the images for Red Rocket and the Minion Stew, so that Red Rocket is now on the Community Chest spot where Dom has also built it in-game, and the Stew is now on the 50 Cakes note. I am going to try a similar swap for Minionville later. Those not wishing to scroll back again, here's a sample:

2dQjydd.png

LOL @Tirius,

• First off I'm glad this brought some joy your way.
  • Second, its awesome you built Naf Nafs, its very well represented and youre right, its a unique build.
  • I may go back a rework the vault into it if possible. Wasn't sure if you were red-stoning the underground areas.

Glad you enjoyed this though, @ThatGuyBoomboom actually brought it to my attention of your post and that I was coincidentally following the board order. What are the odds? Hopefully he's got boom caverns cleaned up or we're going to see all the skeletons in the closet.

Edited by DomRetana

On 10/30/2017 at 3:07 PM, Tirius said:

Just a quick note to add that I've updated the first post with the final Claymoria image, and added a section called 'Cutting Room Floor' to store the (principal) alternate image choices, as well as a few plots that did not make the final cut. I plan to add more to the latter as I go.

Also, in accordance with the in-game board, I've switched the images for Red Rocket and the Minion Stew, so that Red Rocket is now on the Community Chest spot where Dom has also built it in-game, and the Stew is now on the 50 Cakes note. I am going to try a similar swap for Minionville later. Those not wishing to scroll back again, here's a sample:

2dQjydd.png

I just saw this, nice shot!

I think Draesham mentioned it yesterday on Discord too - I'll fix it later. Yesterday's attempt to light the center of the board ruined my beautiful map art, so I was too busy sulking to remember this... gopherMoo

Added: it's fixed now, thx.

Edited by Tirius

Update for the forum version of the board: the last image is done. This means I can finish up the complete board image and get all the assetts together for the final publishing.

jbbD4ud.png

Work on the in-game board has recommenced, as I am currently trying to finish the remaining dice sections (a study in redstone, though fortunately using Bunyan's first section as a blueprint). I've also updated the first post, as the board is now also accessible via overworld road all the way from Spawn. (Provided you can make your own way towards the World Tree from there, and pick up the Great East Road from its connection to the roads on Kantras's claim, southeast for the Tree).

Edited by Tirius

49 minutes ago, Tirius said:

Update for the forum version of the board: the last image is done. This means I can finish up the complete board image and get all the assetts together for the final publishing.

jbbD4ud.png

Work on the in-game board as recommenced, as I am currently trying to finish the remaining dice sections (a study in redstone, though fortunately using Bunyan's first section as a blueprint). I've also updated the first post, as the board is now also accessible via overworld road all the way from Spawn. (Provided you can make your own way towards the World Tree from there, and pick up the Great East Road from its connection to the roads on Kantras's claim, southeast for the Tree).

Awesome! But before you get going on that, keep in mind the structure you have screenshotted for Mystmarsh is torn down now!

Just a friendly reminder in case you want to redo that one- if ye care :)

1 minute ago, Xeredek said:

Awesome! But before you get going on that, keep in mind the structure you have screenshotted for Mystmarsh is torn down now!

Just a friendly reminder in case you want to redo that one- if ye care :)

I'm actually don't think I'm going to - I like the unique look of that screenshot, especially when compared to the many castle-and-forest type builds we have. The Drylands image is likely also no longer up-to-date now that renovators have descended upon that region, and depending on Shawn's tolerance for Valentine's Day deco in the summer, Shovelot is already outdated as well. I'm less concerned with the up-to-date-ness of the imagery as I am with the overall look of the board, and I don't intend to continually update the thing in the future.

You may or may not consider also this an incentive to reconstruct the awesome atrium elsewhere. ;)