Gopher's Minions
Tirius

Miniopoly - A Minion Land board game

Hello all,

After almost a year of on-and-off work, I am happy to present the final version of Miniopoly - the board game based on your builds in Minion Land. It is intended to be a fun representation of some of the most iconic builds on the server, and I tried to feature as many minions and visually different builds on it as I could. Properties are more or less grouped by a theme, and those I could not fit on the board, are included in the money and cards for as much as I had space. The cards also refer to a few notorious moments that we've had.

Below, in the spoiler tags, you will find the main board, as well as the individual images of the builds I chose to feature, and the additional assets of the game.  If you want to visit one of these builds, the coordinates and creator's names are listed as well.

FAQ

1. Q: Why was my build not chosen? A: Unfortunately, there are far too many builds on the server to show them all. I may not be aware of your build, or simply did not have space. Your build may also be too recent. I do not intend to mark any of these builds as "better" than ones that were not chosen. In some cases, it was simply a matter of chance. If you wanted to be there, and are not, I am sorry.
  2. Q: Your credits are incorrect/incomplete! A: Please let me know and I will correct them.
  3. Q: I don't like my image! Can you change it? A: Of course, it's your build after all. Contact me.
  4. Q: Why is my plot cheaper than X's? A: I've grouped builds by location or theme as much as I could. Again, my intent was purely to have the board look nice. Don't read too much into it please.
  5. Q: What settings are you using? A: Chroma Hills for textures and SEUS for shaders.
  6. Q: Can I contribute? A: The picture board is mostly done. You can still help build the ingame variant. Contact me if you don't know what to do. Some info can be found on page 3 of this topic.
  7. Q: I have another question? A: Please post below and I'll get back to you.
  8. NEW Q: Why is the main board image a bit fuzzy? A: Sadly, my image host compresses the file slightly, leading to artifacting. If you want the source file, just ask in this thread or PM me.
  9. NEW Q: Is it done? A: Yes. Note that I do not intend to update the images for the featured builds, even if they change in-game.
  10. Q: How do I get to the in-game version of Miniopoly? A: The board is located at roughly x=2800 and z=1000. Going through the nether from spawn, you can either follow the east road and turn off at the purple road heading south (look for the map art on the wall), or follow the south road and turn off at the purple road heading east and continue straight ahead as far as you can go. You can also ride there in the overworld from spawn, by following the Great East Road. A map is advised. There is a single road sign at the starting point of the Great East, located on the road leading south out of Crossroads, pointing towards the tunnel to Shady Glen and the World Tree. Follow this road from here, down the tunnel and then straight ahead as far as you can. Turn left at the end, and follow the road up the hill to where you'll find a big sign with directions. From there, the design of the road is destinctive, and can be followed easily.

The Completed Board:

Spoiler

gxTK3S1.jpg

Properties, side 1:

Spoiler

HWZve0P.png2dQjydd.pngB0MyRJh.pngr2EKlx5.pngFKYYKd7.png

Brown properties: The first builds in Minion Land.

• Go: Spawn, built by Gopher (not pictured here, see below)
  • Brown 1: Minion McDonalds, built by NafNaf95 and Xelphos (at x=50, z=-470)
  • Community Chest: Red Rocket Truck Stop, built by DomRetana  (x=500 , z=-5700)
  • Brown 2: Castle Sutch, built by NafNaf95 (at x=-60, z=-400)
  • Quartz Tax: Daalio's Islands, built by Daalio (at x=100, z=70)
  • Railroad 1: Crossroads, built by Just_Louise (at x=60, Z=-480)

ar2FWQZ.pngUmcbRHE.pngeDhSIJv.pngcW6lfu3.pngG7VtQ5s.png

Teal properties: The lands in the north.

• Drylands, community site, built by over a dozen minions (at x=60, z=-1500)
  • Chance: Mystmarsh, built by Zantharan and Xeredek (at x=420, z=-3800)
  • Ironwood, built by Vault_Ironblood (formerly Vault_Gaming/Vault_Memories, at x=-390 z=-3880)
  • Goldcrest, built by Ezryal with ThatGuyBoom45 (at x=950, z=-8200)

Properties, side 2:

Spoiler

cwK1Zkr.pngMs89IHk.pngFxItuUZ.pngxNdcXOG.pngYDGtk7Z.png

Magenta properties: Community service sites

• Cherubia, built by "adminions" Cherub, Rodzyn and Darkfire (at x=300, z=-680)
  • Electric Co: Plant-a-lot, built by larry995 (at x=750, z=-475)
  • Alethia, built by JLDoner (at x=-2680, z=-2820)
  • Magasai Village, built by Magasai (at x=430, z=-30)
  • Railroad 2: Ministry of Transport HQ, built by Pajoonk, Vagabondmidget, Vice_Dellos and ShawnBoucher (at x=300, z=-350)

aLnqdMo.pngCZBB3lq.pngwaOuz1d.pngxHEFnVr.pngeVL2IW6.png

Orange properties: The lands in the east

• Shovelot, built by ShawnBoucher (at x=1410, z=-1240)
  • Community Chest: Guardian Statues built by jrRedek (found at many locations, but headquartered at x=5180, z=-424)
  • Hopevale, built by Lord Ryno (at x=4100, z=0)
  • The World Tree, built by World Tree Council under chairman Jeancly (at x=1040 z=-480)
  • Free Parking, with minions atop the Lava Tower

Properties, side 3:

Spoiler

UTqkKEB.pngxOt6Jsg.pngqrKdHyW.png17nVwyi.pngrlIvBzQ.png

Red properties: The lands of the southeast

• New Mistral, built by yours truly, Tirius82 (at x=1650, y=1200)
  • Chance: Yggdrasil Isle, built by GrogStache (at x=800, z=570)
  • Boom Caverns (Runecliff section, built by Runelee), community site organized by ThatGuyBoom45 (entrance at x=1945, z=1225)
  • Sucrose Shores, built by BunyansAxe1943 and Smartboy53 (at x=2280, z=2200)
  • Railroad 3: Astaroth castle and port, built by Non (formerly Nonsense, at x=1200, z=4400)

rW9sbu5.png39uXG1s.pngQK4TuGN.pngGxchcgx.pngjbbD4ud.png

Yellow properties: The lands of the (far) south

• Valley of the Blox, built by "blox sisters" Wooblox and Ubberblox (at x=-160, z=9160)
  • Walkuria, built by Lert (at x=-790, z=9340)
  • Water Works: The Nautilus, built by SerranoPancake (at x=2860, z=9415)
  • Al Qaram, built by BumperHumper (at x=170, z=8925)
  • Go to Jail (featuring Gopher Stiv logo)

Properties, side 4:

Spoiler

MLDfMkL.png6chZZJx.pngfUDh3RY.pngBjfkDgZ.pngAfrSK8t.png

Green properties: Builds that really take the cake

• Claymoria, built by Sanamia (at x=-600, z=8600)
  • Portside, community build site organized by ThatGuyBoom45 (at x=175, z=-7600)
  • Community Chest: Minionville, community built site organized by RainbowFoxx and Vice_Dellos (x=-10400, z=150)
  • Fivetowers, built by Z_Blackblue (at x=8000, z=725)
  • Slipstream Hub, community build site headed by Little_Luca and Pajoonk (at spawn)

113aDQu.pngv66yVlQ.pngDvmDhB0.pngJDXMnla.pngOP25MJi.png

Blue properties: The Dark Lord's domain

• Madison Cube Garden Arena, built by Siderico on Desert Outpost Island (at x=-500, z=1380)
  • Throne Room, community build site organized by NTClaymore (at x=-750, z=-1330)
  • Animal Tax: Bremer City Musicians, at Wolf's Den, built by Phelan42 (at x=-180, z=-735)
  • Lava Tower, built by Gopher, (at x=150 z=-180)
  • Spawn, built by Gopher (at x=150, z=-360)

Chance cards (80% done):

Spoiler

4lzjLok.png VDrWuAP.png

Card left (concept): DaanDogger's winning dirt mansion (x=-65, z=-700). Card right: The Iron Farm, built by Ovagi (coords to follow)

SXSHNQY.png oOmsD5Y.png

Card left: references Phelan42's sales pitch for his excellent donkeys. Card right: Gopher accidentally kills a kitten (see stream #16), shocking Quarico.

zcsOGzZ.png kwq3ZlA.png

Card left: Nautilus PUNT, built by Pajoonk and Schwerpunkt (Nether, at end of green line). Card right: infamous cake floor in Cimi123's basement (Gopher stream #16)

MCeF71z.png GpvBkKd.png

Card left: the Banner Hall, built by Vault_Gaming at Crossroads. Card right: Blackwater City, built by HiiPerMadMan (x=3350, z=2450)

HcAw3Pk.png PPkg0UL.png

Carf left: Map art pads tower, built by ShawnBoucher. Card right: Easter Event site, built by smartboy53 and BunyansAxe1943.

Community chest cards (60% done):

Spoiler

Fv8O5VX.png euTjW9I.png

Card left: Community Cake, organized by Silverthorn111 (x=-230, z=-470). Card right: Draesham's mishap - while the event on Free Parking was happening.

ZPYxzHo.png qZIkTZB.png

Card left: inspired by Chay and Gopher's Minecraft Adventure #1. Card right: Jeancly does what Jeancly does best, but we don't mind...

F5Ou0pJ.png nTlJ4CR.png

Card left: references ThatGuyBoom45's hilarious encounter with the 1.11 enchantment features. Card right: features Lert's location snafu for the River Platte.

ixEtDeL.png BKArN6D.png

Card left (concept): inspired by the horse race at Sosinchen's track. Card right: Retropolis, by RetroCleric (x=11980, z=1630)

sIw9qgv.png

Card left: Greypeak, built by ShortToaster (x=-500, z=9600)

Money:

Spoiler

KCcYX1W.png PZSrwGf.png

SF4j8kF.png 

• 1 Cake: Atlas Baked, built by None_of_my_Nope (?) (x=425 , z=-200 )
  • 5 Cakes: Horse Paradise, built by PsychoTeddyNesa (x=-8200 , z=4800 )
  • 10 Cakes: Grand Pyramid, built by Atheos_Wrath (x=-560 , z=-2300 )
  • 20 Cakes: "Gophershore down under", built by Vonbaar (Nether: x= , z= )
  • 50 Cakes: Minion Stew Inn, built by Just_Louise (at x=475, z=-600)
  • 100 Cakes: Cimi's Island, built by Cimi123  (x=280 , z=1450 )
  • 500 Cakes: The Hall of the Dead, built by Mmmowman  (x=470, z=400 )

Edited by Tirius

Can you post a list of builds that were already suggested? IDK if it's well known but there's Fort Spooks near crossroads not too far from me. 

For chance and community chest cards I have a few ideas like something about lag, the far lands and getting hit with the smite stick.

Edit: More card ideas.

Your basement is full of slimes. Pay 50$ to get rid of them.

Elytra flight. Reroll/extra roll.

Mending book. Extra use of specific cards you can keep like the equivalent of the get out of jail free card.

Curse of vanishing. Counters Mending

Diamond Armour/Sword. Protects from mob encounters or something like that if you make them event cards.

MTC could be a community chest card rather than a property. Maybe you have to pay to get benefits.

Smite stick could be go to jail.

Edited by Starling

Nice one of the sets could be something like Magasai's Z-Blackblue and I dont know  maybe Shovelot ;) Representing the east nether highway. Although Larry's farm instead of Shovelot might be better. Ovagi's Iron machine and the wither pads should also figure into the game board as well. Great idea can't wait to see how it turns out. Perhaps add the actual in game board into the theme park Reizo-Icefield proposed.

21 minutes ago, jeancly said:

awesome idea !!! i want to play it xD The World Tree and the MTC needs to be close of course :P

The World Tree will certainly be there, though I may reuse its picture from your thread, getting it photographed is a challenge, lol; the MTC is currently on the chance card list.

7 minutes ago, ShawnBoucher said:

Nice one of the sets could be something like Magasai's Z-Blackblue and I dont know  maybe Shovelot ;) Representing the east nether highway. Although Larry's farm instead of Shovelot might be better. Ovagi's Iron machine and the wither pads should also figure into the game board as well. Great idea can't wait to see how it turns out. Perhaps add the actual in game board into the theme park Reizo-Icefield proposed.

There will certainly be mention of shovels. :) Larry's farm (Plant-a-lot) might also make a nice utility, there's fierce competition for those with all the public farms though.

5 minutes ago, Starling said:

Magasai Village could also make a good community chest card. Get money but lose a turn farming emeralds.

Magasai's might be good as one of the streets that has an "advance to..." plot - that way I can have fun with the card text.

5 minutes ago, bumperhumper said:

One card could be something about Gopher streaming. Like "Gopher is streaming and the server is full, wait 1 turn".

I want to keep the basic card effects as they are, but "pay X cakes to bribe someone to give up their spot" would solve that. :)

This looks incredibly cool! I'm totally hyped.

Obligatory request:

If there's a free space and you're willing, it'd be awesome to have Mystmarsh featured in some way :D

Edited by Xeredek

A quick update: I've been touring the server again the last few days, with thanks to @ubberblox for being a tourguide on some of the builds she's helped out at, and to the folks who reminded me that with a different view distance, some things will actually fit in the picture...

I'll be updating the top post as I go. Current update includes teal group for north line builds (those not part of the northern kingdom) and railroads. I'm trying to include visually different builds and as many different people's places as I can.

Edited by Tirius

31 minutes ago, Krikkeee said:

Maybe railroad 3 could just be a elytra platform or something horse related (or maybe the MoT headquarter)?

I'll need some coords, as I am not sure where the MoT HQ is located these days. ;) (Or is it hiding in one of the hubs?)

13 minutes ago, Tirius said:

I'll need some coords, as I am not sure where the MoT HQ is located these days. ;) (Or is it hiding in one of the hubs?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8KrugLZ6gk&index=21&list=PL_W8pH7dkRUQC_KBzRYZxfK-aoh0n_FAM at 54.52minutes, that building is the MoT Headquarter.

coords: x: 300 z: -334 y: 72

Update: here are the railway stations, as well as Free Parking (with thanks to all the minions who joined in an impromptu lava tower party tonight). As noted before, I am still playing with the font so I am aware they are not all in the same style.

Forum images are still broken, so please use these links instead.

Railroads:

NBFe2dX.png

Free Parking:

zxAjNfs.png

Edited by Tirius

4 minutes ago, Tirius said:

Update: here are the railway stations, as well as Free Parking (with thanks to all the minions who joined in an impromptu lava tower party tonight). As noted before, I am still playing with the font so I am aware they are not all in the same style.

Forum images are still broken, so please use these links instead.

Railroads: link

Free Parking: link

HAHAHAHA is the free parking from a sec ago ? awesome XD

Another bit of image candy: the yellow streets of the Southern Covenant. I'm particularly proud of the Walkuria image, those walls look very imposing. The Valley image might change later, I had some trouble getting a view over all the shrubs. ;)

3XBSp8X.png

(And on a side note, I'm making all my images with Chroma Hills and Seus, as that is my standard setup.)

Edited by Tirius

On 7.8.2017 at 11:13 PM, Tirius said:

Free Parking: link

Hey, that's me in the center! And no one asked me for permission! Scandalous! :angry: :P

Btw Tirius, I considered building a Minionland Monopoly as well, sometime far in the future. However one thing less to worry about, i don't mind. :)

Especially as your project looks really professional, this is going to be great. Of course I hope that Fivetowers will find it's way into your game :rolleyes:

And what I wanted to ask: Do you also plan to simulate the dice with random chance generators? One could build them underground and display the numbers with redstone-lamps.

However, good luck! gopherVaultStiv

42 minutes ago, Z-blackblue said:

Hey, that's me in the center! And no one asked me for permission! Scandalous! :angry: :P

Btw Tirius, I considered building a Minionland Monopoly as well, sometime far in the future. However one thing less to worry about, i don't mind. :)

Especially as your project looks really professional, this is going to be great. Of course I hope that Fivetowers will find it's way into your game :rolleyes:

And what I wanted to ask: Do you also plan to simulate the dice with random chance generators? One could build them underground and display the numbers with redstone-lamps.

However, good luck! gopherVaultStiv

Thanks for your kind words! (And I did turn off the player names for a reason, lol). I haven't given much thought to the ingame board yet, though I've been looking for previous attempts at it online for some ideas. I'm not very experienced with redstone, so if it comes down to using that to automate things, I might need to call in an expert. Same goes for money (we couldn't use actual cakes, they don't stack, plus paying for hotels would take forever) and chance/chest cards.

At the moment, my focus is on finishing the "screenshots" board first. Due to failure on my part to secure equal representation for all parts of the map, I've decided to showcase some of the most impressive builds together on the green properties, as they'll be the most expensive ones outside of Gopher-related stuff. I've got Fivetowers there, but there's so much to see at your place that I've yet to decide on the image. :)

2 minutes ago, Tirius said:

Thanks for your kind words! (And I did turn off the player names for a reason, lol). I haven't given much thought to the ingame board yet, though I've been looking for previous attempts at it online for some ideas. I'm not very experienced with redstone, so if it comes down to using that to automate things, I might need to call in an expert. Same goes for money (we couldn't use actual cakes, they don't stack, plus paying for hotels would take forever) and chance/chest cards.

At the moment, my focus is on finishing the "screenshots" board first. Due to failure on my part to secure equal representation for all parts of the map, I've decided to showcase some of the most impressive builds together on the green properties, as they'll be the most expensive ones outside of Gopher-related stuff. I've got Fivetowers there, but there's so much to see at your place that I've yet to decide on the image. :)

Ok, i already wondered, how you want to bring the pictures to Minionland, lol.

However, i still think a Monopoly-Arena in Minionland should be a thing, Maybe one could build a proper stadium with the Monopoly-logo at the front, where the Stiv-head replaces the original face. That could be awesome! gopherStivLogo

Just a quick update to let you know I've updated the first post with the final draft for the properties represented on the board, the next image update will likely be the completed board. I still want to revisit Minionville and Fivetowers for better screenshots first though.

After that I'll press on with the format for the chance/chest cards.