Gopher's Minions
Cryzeteur

Beyond Skyrim: Roscrea

Thanks for reporting this guys. I am only seeing one post right now. Maybe someone else fixed this before I could get here. Are you still seeing multi's on the first post?

EDIT: OK is see what you guys are talking about now. There was not 3 of the same post in this thread. There was three seperate posts in the Game Info folder. I turned two of them off so we should have just this one.

I was looking at the Beyond Skyrim site and Roscrea may be the next mod they expect to be ready but it will not be soon. Morrowind may even come out sooner. Also the Bruma guys are saying Bruma for Skyrim SE will be released soon which implies they are expecting SKSE64 to be out soon. That would be amazing! And a year earlier than I expected! Bruma was designed to work in the 64 engine so some quests would be improved greatly.

Curiously, SkyrimSE is much more stable but it has a host of strange new problems similar to the problems in Fallout 4.

Gopher can do a new Skyrim Let's Play with SKSE64 in SkyrimSE! Lots of new mods to try.

Edited by Cryzeteur

1 hour ago, jeancly said:

i will check bruma once skyrim 64 is up and running. 

My fear is that they will release Bruma64 and SKSE64 will still be on hold, :P

There is a dev version of SKSE64 that does everything but scripting. Maybe it will run on that?

Edited by Cryzeteur

2 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

My fear is that they will release Bruma64 and SKSE64 will still be on hold, :P

There is a dev version of SKSE64 that does everything but scripting. Maybe it will run on that?

hopefully, honestly skse64 is a necessity... damn the 64 version would boom with it

It should be noted that I was running SkyrimSE with SKSE64 Alpha when I made these comments and was referring to the release of SKSE64 Beta which release is still in the far future. Beyond Skyrim has found a way around SKSE and Bruma works fine in SkyrimSE. Now there is a caveat to that since I am running SKSE64 Alpha which does help to stabilize the game and may actually make some things work better. Gopher has been playing Bruma on Oldrim - Skyrim32 - and has run into several things that did not work. Those things that glitched in his game did not glitch in my game. So my recommendation at this time is to run SkyrimSE with SKSE64 Alpha.

Currently - and I have tried this - it is possible to run some scripts under SKSE64 Alpha, but there is a warning: If you load a scripted mod that does not work it could screw up your game so badly that you will have to delete the entire game from your system... cross your fingers and hope nothing else has been affected... and download a fresh version from scratch. That is why SKSE64 Alpha is recommended only for developers working on fixing problems in the program. SKSE64 Alpha is just a framework that works fine in SkyrimSE and it has loaded into the gap where the scripting definitions go, all the scripting from SKSE32. 

Now whether or not a script works depends on how Creation Engine 32 was changed in making Creation Engine 64. There are some things that work pretty much the same. But there are other parts of the program that are totally different. It is going to take some very good programmers a very long time... like several months ... to find and work out the bugs. When it works seemingly perfectly it will depend on the programmers whether or not it is worthy to be released as a Beta effort.

I used to do this sort of programming but it makes my brain tired.

Edited by Cryzeteur

BTW as a Dark Creations dev I get access to things not seen by the general public and from what I have seen, Roscrea will be remarkable. To say the least. There is stuff on Discord that everyone can see. But I don't think I should say much because the project is being very tight lipped about what they are doing.