OutandBack

YouTube
FALLOUT 4 (Chapter 5) #18 : Kill Northy!

9 posts in this topic

That last quest has bugged out for him yes, it is one of the quests I done and the "suspect" did not behave that way with me, he was very much trying to kill me, :P

If you delay the Silver Shroud quests too long they bug out. I had to finally do them all in one group, one after the other, to keep it bug free.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

If you delay the Silver Shroud quests too long they bug out. I had to finally do them all in one group, one after the other, to keep it bug free.

Useful to know. I always did them together anyway because, well, its natural.

In better news, that Supermutant fight really made me chortle, as did the end actually.
Its funny and so perfectly Gopher for something like that to happen, he just winds it into the narrative so well.
Of course you could argue that Northy has been grinding his teeth on the knowledge that the Shroud is coming after him for months while the legend of Frank continued to grow throughout the Commonwealth and his raider buddies got tired of waiting and abandoned him and so, when at last Frank the Shroud did show up he did the sensible thing and ran away.

Edited by Goatcha
Cryzeteur and Sebngarde like this

Weak and feeble yes, I used the explosive submachinegun from Goodneighbor when I first tried it, which I had no skills in. Silly.
Still at least I realised it would still work in Power Armor as long as the Shroud getup was underneath.  Probably looked wrong though.

12 hours ago, Goatcha said:

Useful to know. I always did them together anyway because, well, its natural.

In better news, that Supermutant fight really made me chortle, as did the end actually.
Its funny and so perfectly Gopher for something like that to happen, he just winds it into the narrative so well.
Of course you could argue that Northy has been grinding his teeth on the knowledge that the Shroud is coming after him for months while the legend of Frank continued to grow throughout the Commonwealth and his raider buddies got tired of waiting and abandoned him and so, when at last Frank the Shroud did show up he did the sensible thing and ran away.

Boy... what a story.... :lol:

12 hours ago, Goatcha said:

Weak and feeble yes, I used the explosive submachinegun from Goodneighbor when I first tried it, which I had no skills in. Silly.
Still at least I realised it would still work in Power Armor as long as the Shroud getup was underneath.  Probably looked wrong though.

I don't know. I never worried about it. I wore the outfit under PA and everyone recognized I was the shroud anyway. :P

You are correct. The Silver Shroud prop machinegun is super weak and it takes a whole ton of bullets to kill one of the hit victims.

19 hours ago, jeancly said:

Is it bugged ? 

18 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

That last quest has bugged out for him yes, it is one of the quests I done and the "suspect" did not behave that way with me, he was very much trying to kill me, :P

It is too bad he waited so long, but that is Gopher... He constantly runs around trying to do something and making the mistake of exploring everything and talking to everyone on the way. That starts a bunch of quests he has no intention of completing soon and finds stuff going in the quest backdoors ruining and often bugging those quests. To avoid bugs you must follow quest paths from beginning to end and avoid looting everything you see along the way. It is just the way Bethesda builds quests. The Creation Engine is not smart enough to figure out what to do when you do not do this. This is why I keep hoping the next gen of game engines use AI even more intensely than RedEngine3. 

14 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

It is too bad he waited so long, but that is Gopher... He constantly runs around trying to do something and making the mistake of exploring everything and talking to everyone on the way. That starts a bunch of quests he has no intention of completing soon and finds stuff going in the quest backdoors ruining and often bugging those quests. To avoid bugs you must follow quest paths from beginning to end and avoid looting everything you see along the way. It is just the way Bethesda builds quests. The Creation Engine is not smart enough to figure out what to do when you do not do this. This is why I keep hoping the next gen of game engines use AI even more intensely than RedEngine3. 

I Object!

Why?

I dunno, just because.

Thats not a reason.

Gopher is a reason.

What sort of reason?

A Fish!

Cryzeteur likes this