Jump to content
Gopher's Minions

FALLOUT 4 (Chapter 5) #14 : It's Curtains For You


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sebngarde said:

For immersion, you could say Cait was jealous of Frank having a new "friend", right? :P 

I had that thought.
But the aggro landing can be a huge issue, its why I use No Aggro Impact Landing: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9019 

Just hope Curie doesn't bug out because he hacked her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goatcha said:

I had that thought.
But the aggro landing can be a huge issue, its why I use No Aggro Impact Landing: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9019 

Just hope Curie doesn't bug out because he hacked her.

But that must have been a glitch with Cait just popping out from thin air and power landing in the elevator, right ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

But that must have been a glitch with Cait just popping out from thin air and power landing in the elevator, right ?

 

30 minutes ago, Slushy_Bucket said:

No she was Zoning with you, they were transfering to a new cell

Quite.  Companions always drop out of midair when you use an elevator, unless they are in the elevator before the doors close, and even then sometimes.
Even when the elevator leads to the same cell, they still drop-in.

 

For a long-time I refused to let companions use power armor (except Danse of course) because they'd create constant earthquakes by zoning every 30 seconds whenever I was sprinting.  I think I have a mod that fixes that now because I have Birdie in PA and he doesnt bother me the way Macready used to.  Even so, I am not a fan of companions in power armor, besides they are immortal anyway.

Edited by Goatcha
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slushy_Bucket said:

No she was Zoning with you, they were transfering to a new cell

Ahh right, forgot about that part.

1 hour ago, Goatcha said:

 

Quite.  Companions always drop out of midair when you use an elevator, unless they are in the elevator before the doors close, and even then sometimes.
Even when the elevator leads to the same cell, they still drop-in.

 

For a long-time I refused to let companions use power armor (except Danse of course) because they'd create constant earthquakes by zoning every 30 seconds whenever I was sprinting.  I think I have a mod that fixes that now because I have Birdie in PA and he doesnt bother me the way Macready used to.  Even so, I am not a fan of companions in power armor, besides they are immortal anyway.

So the zoning was normal but the drop out of midair is really a bug, since it would be better if they just could spawn next to you, not drop down.  Although. no clue if that's possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beuwolf said:

Ahh right, forgot about that part.

So the zoning was normal but the drop out of midair is really a bug, since it would be better if they just could spawn next to you, not drop down.  Although. no clue if that's possible.

They probably drop-in so they don't end up stuck in the floor, same as anyone who uses noclip knows to be slightly airborne when you disable it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always just wished Gopher would stop insisting on trying to maintain immersion when something that is so blatantly a bug (or something else that's obviously not supposed to happen) happens like that. He should just do something to fix it (whether he acknowledges it in-video or not, or simply cuts it out like he does on rare occasions when he needs to restart the game) instead of forcing himself to live with the potential in-game consequences or trying to find an "immersion-friendly" solution (such as hacking Curie) that might have other consequences.

I mean, it's one thing if Gopher makes a decision that backfires and he has to live with it, it's another if a companion powerslams and ally because of stupid zoning behavior and gets a whole faction angry at him. Imagine if Cait had powerslammed one of the Vault 81 guards and gotten the whole vault pissed at him, for example. Given how he usually deals with these sorts of things, he'd have probably just rolled with it and ended up genocid-ing the entire vault, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played this game so much that I have seen whole communities turn hostile because of one of these game mechanics. Just one example, trading in Diamond City, a war broke out because I had the perk that damaged people I bumped into. Using multiple companions mod I often have companions going off against each other, which I ignore. Sometimes it is quite amusing. They shoot each other for a while but usually stop eventually. If they get too low in health they sometime return home and I have to respawn them. But when they go off against a settlement they can sometimes kill settlers and otherwise break my robots and turrets, so then I have to reload.

There are quite a few situations where you have to leave all your companions somewhere because if you take them with you they are guaranteed to set something off.

This is definitely a bug. Companions and allies should never turn hostile to one another. However it is realistic and amusing.

Edited by Cryzeteur
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Bethesda has a thing for screwing things up really...  about that... if any of you have already seen Sword Art Online which is meh, and want to see something awesome check

Sword Art Online Abridged on youtube. The reason why I'm saying this? Well if you don't care for spoilers of the abridged/non-abridged version here it is: To give some context the show, in general, is about players getting stuck in a game in a " your avatar dies you die" situation. pretty common stuff.

Spoiler

There, from minute 25:00 to 27:01 This to minimize spoilers either way.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jeancly said:

Yeah, Bethesda has a thing for screwing things up really...  about that... if any of you have already seen Sword Art Online which is meh, and want to see something awesome check

Sword Art Online Abridged on youtube. The reason why I'm saying this? Well if you don't care for spoilers of the abridged/non-abridged version here it is: To give some context the show, in general, is about players getting stuck in a game in a " your avatar dies you die" situation. pretty common stuff.

  Hide contents

There, from minute 25:00 to 27:01 This to minimize spoilers either way.

 

 

I really enjoyed season 1, although it felt like they skipped a lot.
Season 2 though, yeah, meh.  I'll check out the abridged version, hope its good.
DBZ Abridged by Team4Star is awesome, but yu-gi-oh abridged by Little Kerribo is horrible.

Edited by Goatcha
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Goatcha said:

I really enjoyed season 1, although it felt like they skipped a lot.
Season 2 though, yeah, meh.  I'll check out the abridged version, hope its good.
DBZ Abridged by Team4Star is awesome, but yu-gi-oh abridged by Little Kerribo is horrible.

the abridged versions is incredible imo, it makes SAO so much better xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...