Jump to content
Gopher's Minions
Flyddon

How many of you still play Skyrim?

Recommended Posts

I decided to start a new character last week. I was watching the Bruma videos, installed the Special Edition, but found that my old character did not transfer well. So, I started a new one with Special Edition. I play it three to six hours per day. Difficult to have patience through the quests, while knowing what the outcome is. But, it is still fun to play. I going to also start looking through mods to see what ones are good with the Special Edition. I thank all the mod authors in advance.

 

Replay advantages in this game versus others are the number of races, and the number of factions, and the number of ways to play, such as thief/assassin or whatever. Some games just have good versus evil and that is it.

Edited by jbarradale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, jbarradale said:

Difficult to have patience through the quests, while knowing what the outcome is. But, it is still fun to play. 

That is why I did not watch Gopher play until after I had completed each quest he did. Sometimes I did them differently and discovered different things.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have my mod in an Alpha state now, I was looking at this post I made  way back in July, and here now in December I finally have it playable for my tester to run through.  A lot of work and learning has went into this.

I place a video link if you would like to see the RAW alpha meeting of Leala, this is just the meeting of Leala  (the follower) and a quick look at the player home.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gfn09TJkoi-tvyOfxvni7sgkOGidQ343

Please it is dark because of my computer settings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:18 AM, Sebngarde said:

Just started a new play through as a thief. I don't usually build many characters, but I wanted to make my own followers and put them together in a party using familiar faces. And I wanted to play the thieves guild quest line (my main character would never be a thief). 

 

Im also planning a pirate play through for another character. And maybe an assassin. Maybe a companion as well xD 

yeah, I'll never stop playing this game xD 

I was unhappy with the available followers so I made my own. That was 2014. I still use that little mod. Maybe it would be worthwhile to put it on Nexus, but there are so many follower mods on Nexus. There is nothing really special about them, except they are small, which makes it so they do not block your vision when they get in front of you... and they are usually silent so no over-talking. They are pretty strong, but they are killable and I often lose one or both in a play through. Hmm... I am talking myself into putting the mod on Nexus.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I was unhappy with the available followers so I made my own. That was 2014. I still use that little mod. Maybe it would be worthwhile to put it on Nexus, but there are so many follower mods on Nexus. There is nothing really special about them, except they are small, which makes it so they do not block your vision when they get in front of you... and they are usually silent so no over-talking. They are pretty strong, but they are killable and I often lose one or both in a play through. Hmm... I am talking myself into putting the mod on Nexus.

I hope you succeeded :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still play Skyrim.  In fact, was playing Special Edition on the PS4 for a bit, got to mid 170s before I dropped to play FF XII The Zodiac Age.  I will go back, and play on PC some time in the future, when there's a bit more mod support for Special Edition.  Or maybe go back and play the OG Skyrim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FMPhoenixHawk said:

Still play Skyrim.  In fact, was playing Special Edition on the PS4 for a bit, got to mid 170s before I dropped to play FF XII The Zodiac Age.  I will go back, and play on PC some time in the future, when there's a bit more mod support for Special Edition.  Or maybe go back and play the OG Skyrim.

I haven't played FF in at least 3 years. I do like them. Zodiac Age is tempting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Ummm... I decided to upgrade it and discovered all my tools got deleted when Windows File Explorer crashed. So it will take a while to restore all the programs.

That's a shame, that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing the bloody hell outta SE on the Box. I have what may be the most stable load order I have ever played with, and on the Xbox no less. Over 90 mods and no crashes up to lvl. 52 so far. Just started trying out the Enhanced Texture Detail pack by Campolo313 that surprisingly does add a noticeable difference in the visuals with zero performance impact (thus far...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Badges said:

That's a shame, that is.

No big deal. I am constantly trying out new programs and new games and mess up the windows registry at least once a year.

I got the tools I need reinstalled and spent 3 hours working on a new texture for the twins swords. They don't really need pretty swords but ... what can I say... I don't like to put up mods that are not fairly well done.

Of course that is why I rarely post my mods. I never feel they are complete.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

No big deal. I am constantly trying out new programs and new games and mess up the windows registry at least once a year.

I got the tools I need reinstalled and spent 3 hours working on a new texture for the twins swords. They don't really need pretty swords but ... what can I say... I don't like to put up mods that are not fairly well done.

Of course that is why I rarely post my mods. I never feel they are complete.

Just a question for ya, have you by chance put any mods up on Beth.net? I may no longer be actively looking for more mods to add to my game (as my game is as stable as vanilla SE) but I'm always on the look out for quality mods to test out and play with. That's how I found EnaiSiaion's Apocalypse and Summermyst mods after playing around with (and swiftly falling in love with) his Ordinator perk overhaul.

 

Just a thought is all. Figured if I'm gonna show support for some more mods, may as well be authored by a fellow minion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still playing my main character on oldrim :D

level 60 dragonborn, now finding the joys of "Spell Research", "Lore Weapon Expansion" and a few new texture mods.

The goal of this character is get to the ebony warrior without console commands :)

 

I also finished my thief playthrough some time ago, then played a only illusion mage who only want to study magic and not save the world from anything (very hard to keep up without dying with that one, had to take a follower).

My khajit pirate didn't work because the mods i was using crashed my game in the crafting menu :/

 

But yeah, still having fun with oldrim and my 100-ish mods :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ReedM said:

Just a question for ya, have you by chance put any mods up on Beth.net? I may no longer be actively looking for more mods to add to my game (as my game is as stable as vanilla SE) but I'm always on the look out for quality mods to test out and play with. That's how I found EnaiSiaion's Apocalypse and Summermyst mods after playing around with (and swiftly falling in love with) his Ordinator perk overhaul.

 

Just a thought is all. Figured if I'm gonna show support for some more mods, may as well be authored by a fellow minion.

I have not ported anything to Bethesda. I think I stated somewhere that I am lazy. Actually it would not take any real effort to port them over as they are just vanilla mods. I tried to put up a Skyrim mod once and couldn't because it was too big. I have been trying to redo it using more vanilla and fewer custom resources but Steam has thought there were errors in my mods on several occasions and replaced hours of hard work with the old version. I do try to save my work but I have made several mistakes that ruined much effort. So that mod which is for Skyrim is still in development.

I have several mods on Nexus for Fallout and Enderal but have not ported them over.

I am currently modding on Dark Creations.

I will put up my little follower mod soon, which is for Skyrim. Still working on the retexture. If I am not busy with some other work I will put it up on Bethesda.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 1:22 AM, Cryzeteur said:

Ummm... I decided to upgrade it and discovered all my tools got deleted when Windows File Explorer crashed. So it will take a while to restore all the programs.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:22 AM, Badges said:

That's a shame, that is.

Very Sorry to hear that!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Moren said:

Very Sorry to hear that!!!

No worries... everything is working now. My revised mod is working. I am still evaluating it to see if I want to make any changes. It was really made just for me and the little girls faces are a bit rough. I am considering changing them to vanilla faces, either elven or human, but the current half elven half fairy is a bit strange.

Not sure... I am thinking about it.

Maybe it doesn't matter. There are so many beautiful companions already, maybe a couple of craggy girls would be novel.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

No worries... everything is working now. My revised mod is working. I am still evaluating it to see if I want to make any changes. It was really made just for me and the little girls faces are a bit rough. I am considering changing them to vanilla faces, either elven or human, but the current half elven half fairy is a bit strange.

Not sure... I am thinking about it.

Maybe it doesn't matter. There are so many beautiful companions already, maybe a couple of craggy girls would be novel.

Go with the craggy girls, as you said, to many "beautiful" companions already in Skyrim as it is.  When I played Skyrim I preferred the Companions from the Interesting NCP's mod then the free standing ones since the ones from Interesting NCP's suits the environment of Skyrim more then the "beautification" of (most) free standing followers.  But that's just my humble opinion. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×