Jump to content
Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

Skyrim BRUMA mod/DLC CTD

Recommended Posts

So I spent all morning downloading this mod and trying to get it to run. I used my 32bit Skyrim SKSE game. Now I used this game for Enderal and it worked the first time. Over 150 hours in Enderal and everything was very stable. With BRUMA not so much.

My first crash saids the game could not find the DLC Dawnguard. Then the game stopped at launch with error messages about various Arthmoor mods. Now all these mods worked fine with Enderal.

I'm off to uninstall Enderal and run a Steam check files. Hoping that works.

Anyone else having issues getting BRUMA to run? If so and you got it working please share what you did.

DISCLAIMER: I am not very good at working with mods so there is a very good chance something I am doing has caused this and it's not the mods fault at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am assuming you have reverted from Enderal back to base Skyrim, so the next step would indeed be file verification. If checking local game files does not get anything done, it's hard to say what might be the underlying cause without seeing the error logs themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hekazu said:

I am assuming you have reverted from Enderal back to base Skyrim, so the next step would indeed be file verification. If checking local game files does not get anything done, it's hard to say what might be the underlying cause without seeing the error logs themselves.

HaHa never assume when me and mods are involved :-)  Thank you Hekazu for offering some things to try. I did not uninstall Enderal at first. I went into Nexus Mod Manager and manualy downloaded Bruma. Then installed it. That was all I did with Enderal.

I have got the game to run. I deleted Enderal, ran the Steam verify files and it found 14 corrupted game files. Went into Nexus and turned off/deleted many of my mods only keeping ones I know I want to turn back on sometime in the future.

35266518010_5543c895b0_c.jpg

35266517930_f91b2882f3_c.jpg

Now I have no idea if Bruma is running. I received no ingame notice it loaded. I don't see any new quests in my quest log. Maybe I need to travel around a bit and see if a courier stops me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any specific reason you are using the 32 but version ? It seems that even without skse there are a lot of workarounds. And the game is way more stable being it 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jeancly said:

Any specific reason you are using the 32 but version ? It seems that even without skse there are a lot of workarounds. And the game is way more stable being it 64

There is no SKSE for 64 bit Skyrim. Everything written points to the 32bit game. SKSE, Legendary Edition, Unofficial patches.

Are you saying I could have use my 64Bit Skyrim with Bruma and avoided all this madness? Since I have trashed my Enderal game, jacked my heavy modded 32bit Skyrim to try and get this mod to run I think I will take a break. I am not trashing my SSE game to see if that might work. I've kind of lost interest in playing this mod right now. I just hate screwing with stuff like this. Plug and Play is what I like.

34812978244_2a8d3c3c74_b.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you found that many corrupted files, my honest assumption is that you forgot to use the Enderal launcher to revert back to the base game. Well, you have done so now through more force, but there it is.

As for no quests popping up, I cannot tell which version of Beyond Skyrim you are running, but the version 1.1 currently out has fixed the bug from 1.0 that prevented the quest(s) from launching. If that is not the problem, I will have to admit I am out of ideas. And if you are still interested in trying it out, make sure to install one of the offered memory solutions, the SKSE ini file probably being the simplest one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond Skyrim, like Enderal, is not really a simple mod, it is an overhaul. As a result I always uninstall all mods, or simply go to my Skyrim folder and rename it to make it inactive and reinstall a clean copy (or copy over my backup clean vanilla copy). I also do the same thing to my .ini folder in Documents to make sure there are no modifications. Start the game and it sets up a clean .ini folder. Check to make sure all the DLCs are working. Then install the new files following the instructions very carefully. 

I rarely have any problems.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know you where using the 64 already heavily modder,  either way I get you. I also am a plug and play. .. Not wanting to spent time on modding right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Beyond Skyrim, like Enderal, is not really a simple mod, it is an overhaul. As a result I always uninstall all mods, or simply go to my Skyrim folder and rename it to make it inactive and reinstall a clean copy (or copy over my backup clean vanilla copy). I also do the same thing to my .ini folder in Documents to make sure there are no modifications. Start the game and it sets up a clean .ini folder. Check to make sure all the DLCs are working. Then install the new files following the instructions very carefully. 

I rarely have any problems.

Maybe the Beyond Skyrim folks needed to hire you to write the install instruction. So are you running Bruma on your 32bit skyrim or the SSE?

@HekazuI just downloaded today and the 1.1 version was offered. I am using my 32bit Skyrim SKSE game. Do you think when I ran the Steam verify files it deleted the SKSE tweeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

I just downloaded today and the 1.1 version was offered. I am using my 32bit Skyrim SKSE game. Do you think when I ran the Steam verify files it deleted the SKSE tweeks?

Can't tell, but it is a possibility. The memory changes should not affect the quest scripting though, so I would say I am out of ideas at this point.

And as for overhauling, by the looks of it the mod is more similar to Falskaar than Enderal, but I might be reading it wrong too. Treating every mod like an overhaul will lessen the amount of conflicts though, since no mod really is "just a mod". They all have a very real chance to mess things up if instructions are not followed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hekazu said:

Can't tell, but it is a possibility. The memory changes should not affect the quest scripting though, so I would say I am out of ideas at this point.

And as for overhauling, by the looks of it the mod is more similar to Falskaar than Enderal, but I might be reading it wrong too. Treating every mod like an overhaul will lessen the amount of conflicts though, since no mod really is "just a mod". They all have a very real chance to mess things up if instructions are not followed.

Falskaar, Wymstooth, Moon Path to Elsweyr, Enderal I have ran them all with no issues. My problem must have started when I did not delete Enderal before installing Bruma. I just wasn't thinking.

I did not have to uninstall Falskaar to play Moon Path or Wymstooth. I did not have to un install any of my mods to install and play Enderal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

Falskaar, Wymstooth, Moon Path to Elsweyr, Enderal I have ran them all with no issues. My problem must have started when I did not delete Enderal before installing Bruma. I just wasn't thinking.

I did not have to uninstall Falskaar to play Moon Path or Wymstooth. I did not have to un install any of my mods to install and play Enderal.

Yes. Enderal is not Skyrim at all.

I am not running anything at the moment. When I mod I always work with vanilla games.

I have run all of these before but the Beyond Skyrim, Morroblivion, and skyblivion and Skywind are all incomplete so I have only looked at them and not played them much. I am playing Morroblivion though. I am interested in how the voicing is going. It always takes me two days to get one of the overhauls up and running because of download times. So I don't do it unless I really have a burning question.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CryzeteurI took your advice and started fresh. saved my game files in documents Deleted/uninstalled Skyrim 32bit from Steam reinstalled Skyrim, SKSE and Burma along with a few small mods. So far so good however I am still not sure if this mod is running. A month or so back I watched a pre release LP of Burma from some official site. I remember there was a gate you had to go thru. I think that gate was located

Spoiler

just past the refugees Rest. However when I traveled there all I got was this....snowing like hell and no gate. Maybe if someone has got to this gate you could help a fellow out?

Am I at the right location to enter Bruma? Am I suppost to get a courier or a quest to start this mod?

35490199552_ce30574c26_b.jpg

Maybe I am not remembering the correct gate location. I'm afraid to google it for getting too much info.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if you tried, but when something goes wrong, I always go back to uninstall and re-install everything.

If you uninstalled and removed almost all your mods, then starting over would be a good idea.

I'm not a mod expert though :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sebngarde said:

Don't know if you tried, but when something goes wrong, I always go back to uninstall and re-install everything.

If you uninstalled and removed almost all your mods, then starting over would be a good idea.

I'm not a mod expert though :P 

Thank you Yes that is exactly what I did. I trashed/uninstalled everything and loaded all new from Steam and the Nexus. Only my game saves were kept so I did not have to enter Bruma at lvl1. That would probably really suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

@CryzeteurI took your advice and started fresh. saved my game files in documents Deleted/uninstalled Skyrim 32bit from Steam reinstalled Skyrim, SKSE and Burma along with a few small mods. So far so good however I am still not sure if this mod is running. A month or so back I watched a pre release LP of Burma from some official site. I remember there was a gate you had to go thru. I think that gate was located

  Hide contents

just past the refugees Rest. However when I traveled there all I got was this....snowing like hell and no gate. Maybe if someone has got to this gate you could help a fellow out?

Am I at the right location to enter Bruma? Am I suppost to get a courier or a quest to start this mod?

35490199552_ce30574c26_b.jpg

Maybe I am not remembering the correct gate location. I'm afraid to google it for getting too much info.

 

You have to go to Southfringe Sanctum which is the gate right in the middle of the map behind  and south of Helgen. Then to start the quest talk to the Imperial Soldier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

You have to go to Southfringe Sanctum which is the gate right in the middle of the map behind  and south of Helgen. Then to start the quest talk to the Imperial Soldier.

Ah Ha that would be just like me to go to the wrong area of the map. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a file as big as Bruma (2.5 gig, IIRC), even with SSME running on Oldrim, and combined with anything more than a handful of mods like SkyUI, you really are asking a lot of the memory. It isn't such a big deal on 64-bit, but try running something like Holds the City Overhaul alongside 70 other plugins and watch your game become a mess. And HTCO is only roughly 300,000 kb. Imagine almost ten times that much and you get an idea how Oldrim is going to fare with anything less than essential plugins like SkyUI while running Bruma. 

Make a clean profile on Nexus Mod Manager and only install what you absolutely need alongside Bruma. Or, failing that, install it on the Special Edition. 

Edited by Snake Doctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snake Doctor said:

For a file as big as Bruma (2.5 gig, IIRC), even with SSME running on Oldrim, and combined with anything more than a handful of mods like SkyUI, you really are asking a lot of the memory. It isn't such a big deal on 64-bit, but try running something like Holds the City Overhaul alongside 70 other plugins and watch your game become a mess. And HTCO is only roughly 300,000 kb. Imagine almost ten times that much and you get an idea how Oldrim is going to fare with anything less than essential plugins like SkyUI while running Bruma. 

Make a clean profile on Nexus Mod Manager and only install what you absolutely need alongside Bruma. Or, failing that, install it on the Special Edition. 

If Bruma will work with Skyrim SE 64 bit why would anyone want to use the old 32 bit game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OutandBack said:

If Bruma will work with Skyrim SE 64 bit why would anyone want to use the old 32 bit game?

 

Because Oldrim has more complete and stable mods, SKSE, and some people don't have the Special Edition. 

 

Edited by Snake Doctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jeancly said:

Skse and more mods outland. 

 

6 hours ago, Snake Doctor said:

Because Oldrim has more complete and stable mods, SKSE, and some people don't have the Special Edition. 

 

Curiously, Beyond Skyrim was designed to run on the 64-bit platform with SKSE64 installed. Unfortunately only a very limited Beta SKSE64 is available and it does not support scripting very well. Sort of pre-scripting.

Beyond Skyrim has had its first chapter released which includes the city of Bruma. Unfortunately, only those who manage to install a copy of the original The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, not the Special Edition, can enjoy the new mod.

https://mic.com/articles/181323/beyond-skyrim-bruma-special-edition-when-will-the-mod-be-ported-from-the-original-version#.1dkGGWkHj

But SKSE64 is not likely to come out soon: 

 

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 7:14 PM, Cryzeteur said:

You have to go to Southfringe Sanctum which is the gate right in the middle of the map behind  and south of Helgen. Then to start the quest talk to the Imperial Soldier.

@Cryzeteurthanks for the tip on where to find the gate. I did find it. Picked the lock and the game got stuck in the loading screen. My OS and games are all on one SSD so this screen should have loaded rather quickly. It did not so I task managered it closed and I think I will just wait. This does not feel like a game mod that is out of beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OutandBack said:

@Cryzeteurthanks for the tip on where to find the gate. I did find it. Picked the lock and the game got stuck in the loading screen. My OS and games are all on one SSD so this screen should have loaded rather quickly. It did not so I task managered it closed and I think I will just wait. This does not feel like a game mod that is out of beta.

that's a pity, started MGS5, so will sait a few months to play it, let's hope they will have it fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OutandBack said:

@Cryzeteurthanks for the tip on where to find the gate. I did find it. Picked the lock and the game got stuck in the loading screen. My OS and games are all on one SSD so this screen should have loaded rather quickly. It did not so I task managered it closed and I think I will just wait. This does not feel like a game mod that is out of beta.

 

3 hours ago, jeancly said:

that's a pity, started MGS5, so will sait a few months to play it, let's hope they will have it fixed

The problem is not the mod itself, but as I said, it is designed to run on SkyrimSE at 64bits. It is just plain clunky on skyrim-32. 

What is does on skyrim-32 is it overtaxes your computer and overloads memory. With the problems already in Skyrim-32, it just makes all the old Bethesda faults that much more apparent. I think this is why Gopher has said he will not play any of the expansions until SKSE64 is released.

Even the Beyond Skyrim team has said that it may run badly of older computers and less powerful computers. There is no way it would run on a console. It is just plain too demanding.

I have a very strong game machine and the fps running Bruma drops below 30 at times.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...