Gopher's Minions
Pajoonk

Mysterious dissapirance of Godaishu's gold farm

It came to my attention that Godaishu gold farm at crossroads was removed some time ago with little to know warning and information (was there even a redmine ticket?).

To make matter more disturbing in place of the farm were written signs pointing towards Gold Farm at Claymoria. And only this one, even though there are two much closer

gold farms - at Magasai's and at Shovelot.

What will be next? Will some admin kill Magasai villagers and point to villager mall at Claymoria too? Or will Plant-a-lot be deleted, cause there is public farm there?

Me and @ShawnBoucher found this practice very disturbing. Thanks to his trust we changed the signs at Godaishu's former farm to better represent reality.

But I think we, and other minions are owed explanation. And in the future - more recognition to work of other minions than only Royal Architect.

I agree with this overall. I trusted Rodzyn and the other admins to make appropriate decisions regarding the server they have done a great job. But the deletion of someones contribution to the server is something that should at least have an announcement for. The gold farm in question was the first on the server and one of Godaishu's last builds. It predates Magasai's by a month or more and was placed at xroads to generate traffic to the area. If the issue was to shut down the portals for fps reasons that could have been accomplished with the removal of a block from each. Something I could have done with out the help of staff since I have trust at the claim and in fact gave the claim to Godaishu for the gold farm.  The issue here is not that the farm was shut down after Magasai opened his very few players still used it. My issue was in the way it was handled no announcement no public discussion just a deletion. The reason behind this was because it was not in use and caused fps problems yet it has been six months without problem. If  it was a problem why not shut it down after Magasai opened his? Or  I opened mine?  I am grateful for the server and opportunity to play  on it but it is the minions participating that make the server what it is it would be nice to be included in decisions of this nature. 

100% agree aswell. Something like this should be discussed with other players, not just for example with someone like NT.. who is just 1 player (not even admin, hopefuly he never will be..) from whole bunch of others... I found very disturbing that whole build was removed instead of just disabling the gates.. Understand the fps drop and lag issue, but still this is just too much...

I've done that because I felt with new, better farms working, there's no need for God's farm to clutter Crossroads area.

Why now and not earlier? Because I'm generally busy enough and only check on the server from technical side so only now it crossed my mind after new farm has been finished.

What I don't like is how it just got all personal and political. I might not agree with NT on some things but here he's getting blamed for something I've done and he didn't even know about.

Is the server down or being updated? I just tried to get on and I get the "server is outdated" msg.

Edited by maxx130

2 minutes ago, maxx130 said:

Is the server sown or being updated? I just tried to get on and I get the "server is outdated" msg.

Not really a right thread for this question but either way. Are you running 1.12 version of MC by any chance? The server is on 1.11.2 so you might have to make sure you've got that version selected.

There was public discussion, I remember reading it in game and participating in it, and the idea to redirect to Claymoria was simply due to it being higher yeild, however I did think there was also a forum post, but I guess not :P

Well, such decision should be discussed more widely, best on forums, not only in-game.

As for pointing people to any one location, I think its disrespectful for hard work of other minions. High-yield should not be the only factor, especially considering how far Claymoria is, and how close Magasai Farms are (and yes, how full of shovels is Shovelot ;-) ).

Whoever inspired Rodzyn to place sign pointing only to Claymoria brought this shade on NT. I just pointed out that whole handling of this situation is not OK on few different levels.

As for Godaishu Farm...how much of it still remains / could it be recreated?
I suspect that with portals off it wouldn't be much of a strain for crossroads, and I would like to make it into Heritage Site, to show first ever server gold farm and maybe show how such farm works.

I could bring it back and leave it disabled. I mean, that's a big structure with a lot of transparent blocks (glass) and many textures so it will add up to fps drops. But if you feel like it should be there as museum. I don't mind, not like I'm visiting Crossroads myself much.

Late to this discussion as I've been on MC hiatus for a few weeks. I just want to add that I've always really enjoyed Godaishu's gold farm for its easy accessibility. I've done all my gold farming / tool repair there. :( If it must go, then I understand, but I will miss it. In the mean time I guess I'll have to go and find Mag's as the closest alternative.

Thx for starting up this thread though @Pajoonk as I wasn't aware of this before.

I'm all for preserving past builds, and I do agree that the xroads farm should stay there just disabled. But one if the arguments you have pajoonk is how far away claymoria is. I mean, with the slipstream and the fastest horses than any server I've seen, how far is it really?  Takes me 1 min 28 seconds to get to claymoria from spawn via horse, 40 seconds via nether slipstream. Now mags farm is good for a few things of gold and is closer to the center of everything, and it should've been included in the list of available farms. But don't use 'claymoria is so far out' as an argument.