Gopher's Minions

Divinity Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode.

There was a great stream last night with Matt Mercer GM'ing a quick campaign using D:OS2, with Bikeman and the Co-Optional crew (Dodger, Strippin, and Jesse Cox). Highly entertaining: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141398805. Viewing the GM's stream (the one I referenced) was particularly interesting, as you could see all the tools available to him.

But I agree, how hard a session is to set up will be the key part. But it was particularly impressive as Mercer was able to create magic items or monsters on the fly, quite quickly.

As a GM years ago I used to write programs like this to manage the game stats so the game could progress faster. We were using the little figurines and tabletop maps at that time. This tool is a lot more visual and a lot faster than the old P&P games.

Being a DM or GM is being a game designer and not too many people want to do that. Most people played the prepared game modules and I expect this would go the same way. Being a GM or DM is only fun for brief periods.

D&D is also most fun in party form. That is when people actually physically get together. Way different from MMRPG or SPRP.

I like rolling actual dice.

Edited by Cryzeteur