Gopher's Minions
Krikkeee

Nether SS HUB overhaul proposal

I can see this being a delicate thing, but with the whole nether-SS and spawn-SS-station overhaul going on, I was thinking that the Nether-SS-HUB might require some love aswell. At the moment there is only one entrance to the SS around the nether HUB which is situated at the start of the red (north line) and it is quite easily missed in my opinion. 
With all the work that has already went into and will still go in the nether SS, I think/ hope that they will slowly become a more viable way of travel in the nether (especially over long distances). Therefore I think that we might need a clearer entrance from the HUB to the SS.
I have copied the nether HUB with schematica and have been trying different things. The following should all work without too much changes and deffinitly no portal movement.

At the moment I have made space for 2 banners next to each line, which would honour their original creators, and an extra 2 banners showing the colour of each line resulting in a total of 16 banners in this designplan. This amount of banners might already give a fps drop. If this is the case I suggest to remove the banners showing the line coulours because I have put coloured wool in the ground before each line's entry point.

The changes that I would need to made in the new design are:

• Moved @Phelan potion storage to a different spot to make room for 1 of the stairs --> no longer necessary see second comment
  • Moved the entrance of an unnamed portal near the HUB to a different already existing entrance. --> no longer necessary see second comment
  • Moved the ‘lava-wall’ in the first part of the south SS 2 blocks back

Pictures (I guess the design finished, but you're free to suggest changes):

• My suggestion for the new SS design:
Spoiler

1) A view of the SS-HUB-center, the sings on the glass would give a short summary of the most important stations on that line

ujk3uq2.png

2)  A view looking at the SS-HUB from the east/west SS entrance

FnWHuHo.png

3) A view looking fromthe SS-HUB at the east/ west SS entrance

1gFuRaE.png 

4) A view of the South (and north) SS-entrance design.

GtY9LBk.png 

• The new HUB entrances (2 stairs on both the east and west side) --> changed see second coment
Spoiler

sGKxYkI.png

• The old and new spot of Phelan's potion storage: --> no longer necessary see second comment
Spoiler

8VnAGf5.png the old spot

tTFWaX7.png the new spot

What do you think about this idea? Is it to big, are there to many stairs to the SS-station from the HUB, some other concern's? Everything can change with your imput.

I can provide a schematic-file if necessary

- Krikkeee

Edited by Krikkeee
Replaced pictures with more complete one's

What I found a tat odd with your last pictures related to moving Phelans potion storage is the complete disregard for the active portal in that particular corner owned by Asp149 which will collide directly with a any attempt to put a stairs there as well :P Though its possible thats what you mean by "Moved the entrance of an unnamed portal near the HUB to a different already existing entrance."

Otherwise it looks okay to me.

2 hours ago, Darkfire said:

Though its possible thats what you mean by "Moved the entrance of an unnamed portal near the HUB to a different already existing entrance."

Yes that is the portal entrance I was thalking about. Anyway I changed the design a little bit and managed to make it work with only 2 stairs on opposite corners of the HUB removing the need to move that portal entrance (might still need to move his/her stair a few blocks). Phelan's potion storage will also stay in the same place only in a different orientation.

'new' stairs:

Spoiler

JzgTWXA.png Stair in NE-corner, stair removed in NW-corner

xJl0Adx.png Stair in SW-corner, stair removed in SE-corner.

The new potion storage:

Spoiler

rWkhNlg.png same place as original just slightly different orientation

Anyway thanks for quick the response.

I'm all for an overhaul. Before it was created I imagined a nice convenient subway like station and the original design is no where near that.

There is also another entrance to a different slipstream on the East highway I think? that one is a lot higher and I don't think anyone uses it.

2 hours ago, Tink0321 said:

I'm all for an overhaul. Before it was created I imagined a nice convenient subway like station and the original design is no where near that.

There is also another entrance to a different slipstream on the East highway I think? that one is a lot higher and I don't think anyone uses it.

It is there idd, and I will leave it there but it's a very old SS I think. It doesn't really seem to follow any general SS guidelines but I did find some more connections to it on different lines I think, so maybe people still use them. I hope that the 'new upgraded' SS can serve as a good alternativ/replacement.

On the station design, I think it has a subway-station like feeling so I hope you will like it when it's done.