OutandBack

YouTube
FALLOUT 4 (Vault-Tec Workshop) #16 : The Doors of DOOM

18 posts in this topic

I do see what you mean, and it is a touch disconcerting, but yeah it has to be done, i do not envy your task, but am excited to see the end result!

Posted (edited)

Whenever Gopher is frustrated I keep thinking, "Why don't you use a crossbeam?" or "Why don't you use a ceiling?"

etc. etc.

But Gopher's obsession with functionality is funny.

1 hour ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

And so began "The Great Re-Design of Vault 88".

Uh... do you think he will destroy the whole thing?

His frustration over building over the atrium is odd because he knows he needs to actually build rooms above it. Lots of room up there.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Slushy_Bucket said:

I do see what you mean, and it is a touch disconcerting, but yeah it has to be done, i do not envy your task, but am excited to see the end result!

Speaking of what has to be done. He is at the build limit and will have to figure out how to raise the build limit. The mod I tried didn't work in this vault. I dropped weapons and armor and scrapped them to do this.

Edited by Cryzeteur

20 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Speaking of what has to be done. He is at the build limit and will have to figure out how to raise the build limit. The mod I tried didn't work in this vault. I dropped weapons and armor and scrapped them to do this.

I can't remember the name of the mod but DDproductions has made some build limit removers that work in Vault 88 it might be one of his later mods though. when I get home I can see if I can't link it.

Cryzeteur likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, VATROU said:

I can't remember the name of the mod but DDproductions has made some build limit removers that work in Vault 88 it might be one of his later mods though. when I get home I can see if I can't link it.

I just found this one and will try it... by ShanicTheOatmeme           

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16935/?

Edited by Cryzeteur

16 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Gopher doesn't use a mod to adjust the build limit, he just alters it manually in the console, or perhaps in the game files, dunno which.

25 minutes ago, Goatcha said:

Gopher doesn't use a mod to adjust the build limit, he just alters it manually in the console, or perhaps in the game files, dunno which.

Yes. He usually does one or the other. But he is using mods this time to show others how to do it, so I hope he will explain what he does.

As I mentioned I installed Vault 88 Unlimited Budget-16935-1-0 to remove the build limit and it works fine.

However, it does not install properly using the Nexus Mod Manager. I had to download it manually and put the .esp directly in the DATA folder and then install it as a PLUGIN. The instructions do not mention this.

3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

As I mentioned I installed Vault 88 Unlimited Budget-16935-1-0 to remove the build limit and it works fine.

However, it does not install properly using the Nexus Mod Manager. I had to download it manually and put the .esp directly in the DATA folder and then install it as a PLUGIN. The instructions do not mention this.

You could also look into this mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13779/?

36 minutes ago, Master Cire said:

How did Gopher fail to save that settlement?

There was probably an enemy who ran off and still counted. Or maybe a Synth Coffee Cup, clearly they must have took inspiration from Prey's Mimics. In all likelihood yeah probably a enemy who ran off. They do that sometimes and exit combat yet still retain that engagement. 

Master Cire likes this

3 hours ago, VATROU said:

There was probably an enemy who ran off and still counted. Or maybe a Synth Coffee Cup, clearly they must have took inspiration from Prey's Mimics. In all likelihood yeah probably a enemy who ran off. They do that sometimes and exit combat yet still retain that engagement. 

I had that happen at Egret Marina once, spent 3 days sleeping there trying to get the quest to complete before giving up and letting it fail.

It would make sense that there was a random enemy that "got lost" during the attack. It would certainly explain what literally the entire population of the settlement kept staring at after Gopher thought he'd cleared out the attackers. lol

Goatcha likes this

Got attacked by Robots the other day and three spawned under the ground, had to TCL and kill them.

4 hours ago, VATROU said:

Got attacked by Robots the other day and three spawned under the ground, had to TCL and kill them.

Yeah that happened to me at Greentop once. Annoying.