Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

FALLOUT 4 (Vault-Tec Workshop) #15 : I may be a little paranoid

Doesn't 0 food cause problems? I know you can get 100 happiness with 0 food, but I thought it caused some problems.

Gopher will never build hydroponics because he will get distracted by what to do with the upper area. It is a huge area. I started building in there and it is maybe 6 stories tall?

I loved his experiments with conduits. Very enlightening. I haven't done much with conduits. I used a window in the water plant cavern to pass the power line through from the vault control room.

fyi you can use Logic Gates to tie your powered doors to a siren, i made a video about it ages ago

Edit: Oh and for those of you wondering how to make that work in a vault, keep in mind the logic gate as a i show only works if there is 1 power from both the main flow AND the siren coming in, so set a siren near the guards and build a second pass-through on the interior wall, wire that pass through DIRECTLY to the siren, when the siren is activated that pass-through gets power and the door closes...now I'll leave it to you to figure out the logic on how to have the siren automatically close the door AND still have a switch for manual opening.

Edited by nekollx
bad link sorry

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, nekollx said:

fyi you can use Logic Gates to tie your powered doors to a siren, i made a video about it ages ago https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=H-u9mOyGr44

Edit: Oh and for those of you wondering how to make that work in a vault, keep in mind the logic gate as a i show only works if there is 1 power from both the main flow AND the siren coming in, so set a siren near the guards and build a second pass-through on the interior wall, wire that pass through DIRECTLY to the siren, when the siren is activated that pass-through gets power and the door closes...now I'll leave it to you to figure out the logic on how to have the siren automatically close the door AND still have a switch for manual opening.

IF (invader=yes) THEN (siren=on)

IF (siren=on) AND (door=open) THEN (close door).

IF (switch=on) AND (door=closed) THEN (open door)

IF (switch=off) AND (door=open) THEN (close door)

IF (invader=no) THEN (siren =off)

IF (siren=off) AND (door=closed) THEN (open door)

uhh... I haven't tried to figure out the hierarchy... might be some exceptions... brain hurts...

... I need cookies... lots and lots of cookies... and neon lights...

Edited by Cryzeteur

On 4/17/2017 at 3:22 PM, nekollx said:

fyi you can use Logic Gates to tie your powered doors to a siren, i made a video about it ages ago https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=H-u9mOyGr44

Your link is broken. It opens my creator studio on YouTube. 

Edited by VATROU

3 hours ago, Goatcha said:

I think he should use that space over the kitchen where he needed to place a conduit as the hydroponics area.  Efficient use of space, close to kitchens and shops, accessible to tourists as a nice garden....

Yes. I thought of this. But, Gopher might feel uneasy putting a garden effectively on the roof.

He putters around overthinking everything, but when he actually does something it is usually outstanding. Love to see what he will do.

Edited by Cryzeteur

2 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Yes. I thought of this. But, Gopher might feel uneasy putting a garden effectively on the roof.

He putters around overthinking everything, but when he actually does something it is usually outstanding. Love to see what he will do.

Bound to be better than the room in 81 anyway.

4 hours ago, Goatcha said:

I think he should use that space over the kitchen where he needed to place a conduit as the hydroponics area.  Efficient use of space, close to kitchens and shops, accessible to tourists as a nice garden....

And have where he was gonna build it as more living space for the dwellers

11 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

IF (invader=yes) THEN (siren=on)

IF (siren=on) AND (door=open) THEN (close door).

IF (switch=on) AND (door=closed) THEN (open door)

IF (switch=off) AND (door=open) THEN (close door)

IF (invader=no) THEN (siren =off)

IF (siren=off) AND (door=closed) THEN (open door)

uhh... I haven't tried to figure out the hierarchy... might be some exceptions... brain hurts...

... I need cookies... lots and lots of cookies... and neon lights...

there are 7 logic gates in Fallout 4

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Logic_gate

And yes you can chain the inputs and outputs between them

but here they are in short

AND: Transmits power only when all the inputs have power.

OR: Transmits power when at least one input has power.

NAND: Transmits power when at least one input doesn't have power.

NOR: Transmits power only when no inputs have power.

NOT: Transmitted power is inverted.

XNOR: Transmits power only when all input are same. Acts like a negative gate when no inputs have power.

XOR: Transmits power when only one input has power. Acts like a positive gate.

For my Siren i used a XOR Input from Siren, input from main, when siren if off (normal operations) my main gate is open when the siren triggers that means theres 2 power and the door closes.

Powered Doors are Binary IF POWER ON (door open)

so all we need to set a check just before the gate since all the gate cares about is "is power on"

16 minutes ago, nekollx said:

there are 7 logic gates in Fallout 4

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Logic_gate

And yes you can chain the inputs and outputs between them

but here they are in short

AND: Transmits power only when all the inputs have power.

OR: Transmits power when at least one input has power.

NAND: Transmits power when at least one input doesn't have power.

NOR: Transmits power only when no inputs have power.

NOT: Transmitted power is inverted.

XNOR: Transmits power only when all input are same. Acts like a negative gate when no inputs have power.

XOR: Transmits power when only one input has power. Acts like a positive gate.

For my Siren i used a XOR Input from Siren, input from main, when siren if off (normal operations) my main gate is open when the siren triggers that means theres 2 power and the door closes.

Powered Doors are Binary IF POWER ON (door open)

so all we need to set a check just before the gate since all the gate cares about is "is power on"

More cookies please... :P

So your saying all you need to do is put the on/off door switch between the siren XOR and the gate?

Or before the XOR? No that can't be right.

A parallel circuit?

Maybe the blue thing? 

Swallow a soul gem?

Edited by Cryzeteur

well for just "close gate on siren" it was

Power -> Siren

Siren --> XOR
Power --> XOR
XOR --> Gate

but for manual and siren what needs to happen

Switch --> Conduit
Siren --> Conduit

Conduit --> Gate

When conduit has power Gate opens

7 minutes ago, nekollx said:

well for just "close gate on siren" it was

Power -> Siren

Siren --> XOR
Power --> XOR
XOR --> Gate

but for manual and siren what needs to happen

Switch --> Conduit
Siren --> Conduit

Conduit --> Gate

When conduit has power Gate opens

If XOR and Conduit both feed power to the Gate, Why is the Siren connected to the conduit?

Power > Switch > Gate?

Edited by Cryzeteur

because the Switchs only transmits power when it's on, if its connected to the sirin then it would only work when the siren in on meaning manually opening and closing the gate would only work when the Sirin is on. The Manual Switch needs to have it's own power and not be linked to the siren so you can over rise the siren controls weathers its on or off

Rember the enite purpose here is the tie the sirin to the door so it closes durring an attack BUT that you can manually over ridse and open/close the door at any time

Edited by nekollx

7 minutes ago, nekollx said:

because the Switchs only transmits power when it's on, if its connected to the sirin then it would only work when the siren in on meaning manually opening and closing the gate would only work when the Sirin is on. The Manual Switch needs to have it's own power and not be linked to the siren so you can over rise the siren controls weathers its on or off

Rember the enite purpose here is the tie the sirin to the door so it closes durring an attack BUT that you can manually over ridse and open/close the door at any time

Understood. My way bypasses the siren and ignores that the door opens when the siren is off. When the door is open you don't need to open it. Also, my way for closing the door when the siren is off might not work, ie: mess up the siren.

Reminds me of building logic contraptions in Minecraft.

Edited by Cryzeteur

3 minutes ago, nekollx said:

other way around, watch my video to understand better, the doors LOCK DOWN when the siren is on.

You seem to be stuck on the sirens OPENING the gates

LOL... not really thinking about the problem, just the mechanism... me bad.