Jump to content
Gopher's Minions
Goatcha

Goatcha Fails to Build a House pt4 uploaded

Recommended Posts

Still experimenting, trying to find the best way to stream or record, streaming failed with this video as it did for my last GTA and Fallout ones so I recorded it instead, took 29Gb which took all night to upload, clearly I still need to work things out.
Might go back to OBS, but Shadowplay doesn't kill my frame rate.

 

Also did pt3 some time ago.

 

And I've noticed I have no views for Fallout 4 - The hunt for beer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GFDI!

I did a 5 hour stream yesterday which I was certain was recording, showed it as processing at the end and everything.
And the saved video is 29 seconds long.

It was a truly epic piece of meandering and getting lost and included Trinity Towers, the start of Automatron and a couple of other side-quests, and its all lost.
Sob.  I really am just going to have to go back to recording and uploading later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey neighbour,

Glad to see to back at work. For part 5 you might want to consider dropping the environmental sound, I could barely hear you over the thunder in the beginning. Oh and PLEASE no more Waltzing Matilda - I had that stuck in my head for 2 days after playing the new Australia DLC in Civilization 6, doubly frustrating as I don't really know the words. :P

I might also have to revive my efforts to get a local farmer to trade with, might be easier than popping over to Cimi's. Something to add to the list now that the slipstream is done. Sentar also has one, but we can surely improve upon that. ^_^

Edited by Tirius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tirius  Just finished recording part 5, will upload it later, currently 51% through uploading a GTA recording, takes the best part of 10 hours by my estimation sigh.
This is why I'd rather stream as it saves the upload, but that just keeps failing.
Had another storm in this stream, but it was short-lived, next time I will take your advice and drop the sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ Well, there was a next part on YouTube so I've already watched that.

"I've really got to find out if Tirius is a man or a woman. I think it's a woman."

...oy.... First you call me a woman... and then you add insult to injury and call me "it". gopherMoo

On a more serious note, as of 1.11 we can no longer spawn zombie villagers at zombie spawners, so my original method of getting them is now broken. It'll be back to curing random spawns until I can set up a proper breeder somewhere. I'll let you know if I trap a blacksmith.

Edited by Tirius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tirius said:

^^^ Well, there was a next part on YouTube so I've already watched that.

"I've really got to find out if Tirius is a man or a woman. I think it's a woman."

...oy.... First you call me a woman... and then you add insult to injury and call me "it". gopherMoo

On a more serious note, as of 1.11 we can no longer spawn zombie villagers at villager spawners, so my original method of getting them is now broken. It'll be back to curing random spawns until I can set up a proper breeder somewhere. I'll let you know if I trap a blacksmith.

Actually, upon reflection I don't want any villagers wandering around my house, thank you for the offer, but I'd rather keep New Mistral and Seawatch as the trading centres and my place may have the visuals of a blacksmith, but doesn't need an npc.

Finally got part 5 uploaded, a little out of order, but shrug.

Part 6:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx for the update! I'm currently working on my "market row" on my west harbor so we will have various types of villagers there; I'll post an update in the southeast topic with some updates/plans later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part 7 done, please remember to like and subscribe.

Sorry its only in 360p, I was experimenting with lower bitrates and youtube had a page which said you could 720 at 5mbs, apparently that info was false.  Did it at 10 and all I got was 360p

 

 

Edited by Goatcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still experimenting, but I hope I am getting better, takes forever to upload though.
Be so much easier if I could stream direct, but given up on that.
With Shadowplay at any rate, and the advantage of Shadowplay over OBS is it has no noticeable performance impact, OBS halves your fps.
Still I'll forgoe uploading anything but Minecraft for a while unless people are interested in my Fallout meanderings.  Will keep recording though.

 

 

Edited by Goatcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I'm up to date again with watching. That's twice now you have suggested I might finish your house for you, but I'm having none of that. :P I've already been doing a bit of deep roads building (you might want to check the tunnel leading from your place to mine at some point, functional though not very interesting) - that's enough for now. In the mean time I have set up a villager breeder on the other side of my plot near the river, though I am still fiddling with it.

You also mentioned the roads several times - if you want to change things, please go ahead. I wouldn't mind if you made the intersection somewhere else, I can always move the map plaza.

One final tip, if you haven't seen already, is that the 1.11 update for Chroma Hills includes a new, more reddish texture for red netherbrick. It might look nice alongside your other brick structures at some point. (You can check inside my nether gate to see it.)

Edited by Tirius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tirius said:

And I'm up to date again with watching. That's twice now you have suggested I might finish your house for you, but I'm having none of that. :P I've already been doing a bit of deep roads building (you might want to check the tunnel leading from your place to mine at some point, functional though not very interesting) - that's enough for now. In the mean time I have set up a villager breeder on the other side of my plot near the river, though I am still fiddling with it.

You also mentioned the roads several times - if you want to change things, please go ahead. I wouldn't mind if you made the intersection somewhere else, I can always move the map plaza.

One final tip, if you haven't seen already, is that the 1.11 update for Chroma Hills includes a new, more reddish texture for red netherbrick. It might look nice alongside your other brick structures at some point. (You can check inside my nether gate to see it.)

I've noticed a few more roads. Maybe small intersections where multiple roads connect. And maybe we should try and weed out the dirt roads as time goes on in favor of nicer ones. I think most are using stone bricks as a base at least in our neighborhood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VATROU said:

I've noticed a few more roads. Maybe small intersections where multiple roads connect. And maybe we should try and weed out the dirt roads as time goes on in favor of nicer ones. I think most are using stone bricks as a base at least in our neighborhood.

The road that runs from the map plaza via Goatcha and Sentar to your door might be a good candidate as the "main thoroughfare". Stone bricks sound OK, you can mix them up with cracked and mossy variants as well, maybe lined with something else like gravel as a "sidewalk"? I think all three of us and Sentar are all using the same texture pack (?), that should help. I'll try and whip up a fresh road map soon, that way we'll have a better understanding of what goes where.

Edited by Tirius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2017 at 7:21 PM, Tirius said:

The road that runs from the map plaza via Goatcha and Sentar to your door might be a good candidate as the "main thoroughfare". Stone bricks sound OK, you can mix them up with cracked and mossy variants as well, maybe lined with something else like gravel as a "sidewalk"? I think all three of us and Sentar are all using the same texture pack (?), that should help. I'll try and whip up a fresh road map soon, that way we'll have a better understanding of what goes where.

I like Andesite for paths, but I'd prefer slabs all things considered so nothing can spawn on the road.
Stone bricks aren't bad, but stone slabs actually look better and are far more consistent with historical stone roads.

If and when we do update the roads, we should make them a good 4 wide and raise those lanterns that keep cracking my head when I ride a horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...