Gopher's Minions
Caloss2

It was bound to happen eventually ..

After seeing the name you have given your character, I'd like to assure you that 'Kevin' or 'Kevan' is not as lacklustre a moniker as you might think. There is a series of epic fantasy novels called 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever', in which one of the legendary figures of ancient lore is named 'High Lord Kevin'. Next to other historical figures such as Loric Vilesilencer and Berek Halfhand, he seems a little incongruous. Nevertheless, his significance in the series' lore makes the name Kevin and its variations most respectable indeed. 

I had all but forgotten about Thomas Covenant, the white gold ring he wore, the wedding band, a man who could no longer feel, feels again...I read the whole series, as each book was released...

...be damned if I can remember most of it, I do remember that each time he went back, time had marched a little faster in the 'Land' he went to, than the world he came from.

Seems like it was a million years ago...

13 hours ago, Ganzel Puckney said:

After seeing the name you have given your character, I'd like to assure you that 'Kevin' or 'Kevan' is not as lacklustre a moniker as you might think. There is a series of epic fantasy novels called 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever', in which one of the legendary figures of ancient lore is named 'High Lord Kevin'. Next to other historical figures such as Loric Vilesilencer and Berek Halfhand, he seems a little incongruous. Nevertheless, his significance in the series' lore makes the name Kevin and its variations most respectable indeed. 

Hehe, I didn't know of those stories; though I'm sure my cousin Kevin would be able to tell me all about them; Kevan starts off as a peaceable farmer; his family were slaughtered by the thalmor, and his journey started there he's come quite a long way since then. ;)