Jump to content
Gopher's Minions
Hav0c

Jack's shotgun

Recommended Posts

Only gopher knows... and he probably doesn't remember...

Gopher changes weapons in almost every video, trying out new things he finds and then going back to old things he has had for a long time. Many of his weapons come from mods he is trying out. Many times I have heard him say, "Now where did I get that from?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BUNYANSaxe1943 said:

Pretty sure its just the vanilla lever action shotgun believe it or not.

Well that would be special!  IIRC, melee is the evening redness, then he has sweet revenge. I can't remember the other revolver, but I think it's unique too.  Then he had the shotgun, finally the medicine stick. A vanilla shotgun is an oddity! If that's the case, the cowboy perk must be amazing. 

Edited by Hav0c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other revolver is a Mateba, an Italian revlover notable for shooting out of the bottom of the cylinder, to keep the barrel more in line with the finger. If its the Mateba Sei Unica (Can't tell because my internet is to crappy to see things in full HD) then it is actually an Automatic Revolver, meaning that it has a slide that is used to recock the hammer and rotate the cylinder. Mateba is a particularly interesting manufacturer if you like handguns.

Its not just cowboy that buffs it, he has Shotgun Surgeon which cuts DT and he has a knockback roll on each shot ('and stay back' is the perk?). Likewise he uses slugs which also cut DT at the cost of a small amount of damage and an increase of range. Using slugs basically turns your shotgun into a rifle effective up to 60 yards. The Hunting Shotgun (Vanilla Pump Action [unigue named 'Dinner Bell']) is far better and the Remington added by the Millenium pack (mod) is even stronger. He uses the lever action because the others just 'wouldn't be fair' lol. Well, at least not with his bullet time... and it looks cool.

Edited by BUNYANSaxe1943

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol @jeancly There are several Italian firearms manufacturers that produce truly beautiful work including Beretta, Benelli, Uberti and the late Mateba, whom I believe was bought out by Germans and run into the ground unfortunately. I believe Chiappa was able to get the lead engineer of Mateba after the Germans bought the company so you could consider it a successor in that regard I suppose. Uberti was the manufacturer that supplied Sergio Leone for the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns, as they specialize in American Frontier reproductions. Beretta of course holds the contract for NATO troops' sidearms, their M9 being standard issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BUNYANSaxe1943 said:

lol @jeancly There are several Italian firearms manufacturers that produce truly beautiful work including Beretta, Benelli, Uberti and the late Mateba, whom I believe was bought out by Germans and run into the ground unfortunately. I believe Chiappa was able to get the lead engineer of Mateba after the Germans bought the company so you could consider it a successor in that regard I suppose. Uberti was the manufacturer that supplied Sergio Leone for the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns, as they specialize in American Frontier reproductions. Beretta of course holds the contract for NATO troops' sidearms, their M9 being standard issue.

i'm impressed, you are very knowledgable on firearms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I did some scrolling around through the archives and I can not find the exact moment when he finds the lever action shotgun. However for most of the beginning episodes 6 to 20 roughly he was using the sturdy caravan shotgun. At some point he switches to the riot shotgun and uses it for several episodes. The break through comes episode 31 at about 5:55 he talks about leaving the riot gun in the van and bringing the lever action shotgun. 5 episodes later number 36 of course comes the now infamous "I don't need a personality I've got a shotgun" line and he is using the lever action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ShawnBoucher said:

Ok I did some scrolling around through the archives and I can not find the exact moment when he finds the lever action shotgun. However for most of the beginning episodes 6 to 20 roughly he was using the sturdy caravan shotgun. At some point he switches to the riot shotgun and uses it for several episodes. The break through comes episode 31 at about 5:55 he talks about leaving the riot gun in the van and bringing the lever action shotgun. 5 episodes later number 36 of course comes the now infamous "I don't need a personality I've got a shotgun" line and he is using the lever action. 

Wow man. That'sa lot of work for an offhand comment!  Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem it's always fun going  back through the classics :) This is not to say that the shotgun he uses now is the same one. If it is he has modded it and changed the textures because the original was  not the fancy gold plated one. Next episode we should ask in the comments for him to go over his weapon load out. Actually hey @Gopher can you go over your weapon load out for Jack which shotgun does he carry now? There maybe he actually remembers which one it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BUNYANSaxe1943 said:

The other revolver is a Mateba, an Italian revlover notable for shooting out of the bottom of the cylinder, to keep the barrel more in line with the finger. If its the Mateba Sei Unica (Can't tell because my internet is to crappy to see things in full HD) then it is actually an Automatic Revolver, meaning that it has a slide that is used to recock the hammer and rotate the cylinder. Mateba is a particularly interesting manufacturer if you like handguns.

Its not just cowboy that buffs it, he has Shotgun Surgeon which cuts DT and he has a knockback roll on each shot ('and stay back' is the perk?). Likewise he uses slugs which also cut DT at the cost of a small amount of damage and an increase of range. Using slugs basically turns your shotgun into a rifle effective up to 60 yards. The Hunting Shotgun (Vanilla Pump Action [unigue named 'Dinner Bell']) is far better and the Remington added by the Millenium pack (mod) is even stronger. He uses the lever action because the others just 'wouldn't be fair' lol. Well, at least not with his bullet time... and it looks cool.

Just to add a couple of informations to this otherwise perfect resume:

  1. The Mateba isn't part of the Vanilla game, it's from the excellent Millenia weapon pack.
  2. If you wish to see another pop culture appearence of this otherwise rare revolver go get Ghost in the Shell (any version), it's Togusa's sidearm of choice.
Edited by Woodclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the standard lever action 20 ga. shotgun that comes with the game, however he has mods that can alter it like weapons mod expanded that i believe comes with the gold inlay. for more info on his mod list refer to his latest NV ep. just below the video under more. I don't know when he picked it up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Gopher was working through Old World Blues he changed weapons a lot. Then sometime after that he was looking for his lever-action shotgun and couldn't find it. He said he must have sold it accidentally. It might have turned up later. I was always losing stuff because of all the containers I was storing stuff in. But he then either found it or made a new one because in the next episode he says he had his trusty lever-action shotgun and was a lot happier with it because reload looked so cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2017 at 3:57 PM, BUNYANSaxe1943 said:

The other revolver is a Mateba, an Italian revlover notable for shooting out of the bottom of the cylinder, to keep the barrel more in line with the finger. If its the Mateba Sei Unica (Can't tell because my internet is to crappy to see things in full HD) then it is actually an Automatic Revolver, meaning that it has a slide that is used to recock the hammer and rotate the cylinder. Mateba is a particularly interesting manufacturer if you like handguns.

Its not just cowboy that buffs it, he has Shotgun Surgeon which cuts DT and he has a knockback roll on each shot ('and stay back' is the perk?). Likewise he uses slugs which also cut DT at the cost of a small amount of damage and an increase of range. Using slugs basically turns your shotgun into a rifle effective up to 60 yards. The Hunting Shotgun (Vanilla Pump Action [unigue named 'Dinner Bell']) is far better and the Remington added by the Millenium pack (mod) is even stronger. He uses the lever action because the others just 'wouldn't be fair' lol. Well, at least not with his bullet time... and it looks cool.

I thin k its mostly just because it looks cool, Jack is far more concerned about what he and his weapons look like than how much damage they actually do.
Also, he left Sweet Revenge in Utah, in the grave of its former owner.  His current secondary revolver is a unique .38 and I am not sure which one it is, but it might just be Benny's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...