Gopher's Minions
Sosinchen

The February/March Races (big project, so expect delays)

Alright, this time the races are going to be a bit different. There will be 1 or 2 medieval-style games before the races, and the race track will be moved to make way for them.

Also, I would like to ask on what days in February you guys have off so I can schedule accordingly and make sure that everyone can show up (@Quarico, if you are reading this, pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top "pester" Gopher for me and ask if he would like to participate as well. :P)

Other than that, and the exclusion of pigs and donkeys (sorry about that, but as fun as it was to watch the pig races, race track is gonna be way bigger and no I won't say how big), everything will be just like before. Donation boxes will be open if you want to donate anything.

Hope to see you guys there soon. :)

Edited by Sosinchen

^^^

I'll second that; donkeys have gotten pretty awesome with all the hard work Phelan has put in. Regardless however, I will try to be there, if it's not in the middle of the night. ;) I'll try and whip up some donations as well.

Alright, I will try to work in a donkey race first. :)

Oh, and later on today (and by today, I mean the day of this post), I will commission the use of one of the fastest donkeys to make a new Ferris Muler. :D

Is there going to be a mule specific race? Or are you going to lump mules in with either donkeys or horses?

I would like to participate in a mule race, I can play any day in february.

Well, I'm interested in horse, donkey and mule races if you're going to keep them separate. Horse and donkey if you're going to put mules in with the horses. :)

8 hours ago, Sosinchen said:

I might end up clumping the mules in with the horses depending on how the race track turns out, and that's because they have the same "average" stats as the horses.

Uhm, nope, the stats of mules on average are quite exactly between those of donkeys and horses.

Basically, the "situation" is:

Horses can be found as wild ones with all kinds of stats, you can find a horrible horse as well as a perfect one (even an average wild horse runs 9.675blocks/s, the fastest 'possible' wild horse could run the max of 14.5125)

Donkeys are only found with set, and rather low stats (all wild donkeys run 7.525 blocks/s, just 75% faster than a player on foot)

I barely managed to breed donkeys up to speeds of 12.5b/s, while there are horses that run 14+ on the server. With donkeys still being this "slow", and the "third parent" running at most 14.5b/s, even the fastest possible mule currently would only run ~13.75.

2 hours ago, Ambrawr said:

As long as this doesn't end up in the beginning of February, I should be able to attend this one :D

Don't take this the wrong way Ambrawr, you're awesome, but please don't participate.

Everyone else should have a chance to win XD

I mean, remember the last races? How many of them did you win? 3/5? 4/5?

On 1/23/2017 at 9:34 PM, Sicarius001 said:

Don't take this the wrong way Ambrawr, you're awesome, but please don't participate.

Everyone else should have a chance to win XD

I mean, remember the last races? How many of them did you win? 3/5? 4/5?

Ah but that was  long ago.Things have changed. Jl and Godaishu have bred some monsters. As have others. I think this time Ambrawr may have some real competition.

Some of you already know, but this week has been quite emotional. My mother's immune system has been screwed up since she went through the Immuno-Therapy treatment for her cancer. She's been in the hospital since last friday with a 39-40° (102-104°F) fever. That's why I haven't come online lately.

I'm still gonna try to get the racetrack finished, though.

55 minutes ago, Sosinchen said:

Some of you already know, but this week has been quite emotional. My mother's immune system has been screwed up since she went through the Immuno-Therapy treatment for her cancer. She's been in the hospital since last friday with a 39-40° (102-104°F) fever. That's why I haven't come online lately.

I'm still gonna try to get the racetrack finished, though.

Don't you worry and stay close to her. 

i'm very sorry to hear about your mother & i hope they ( doctors ) can get her temp down & all ends well for you.

try looking on the bright side & keep yours & hers spirits up because it could be worse like me.

i'm already past the point where the doctors can help when i was diagnosed ( terminal is the term doctors used for me )

good luck & forget the racetrack ( what ever that is ) life is the most important  thing not games or posessions  or anything else everybody who is not in your boat may think & i hope your mother doesn't join me in my boat for a very very very long time.

My mother is, unfortunately, in the same boat as you SacredBlacksmith. The doctors admitted her to a Hospice yesterday. There is nothing more that they can do now (though I had hoped it would not be the case. Wanted her to live long enough to see her youngest daughter give her a grandchild.) But well...

All the rest of the family can do now is make sure she is as comfortable and pain free as possible.

And... I'm truly sorry to hear about your situation, Sacred. I'm aware of the terms doctors use and that is definitely... ;.;

Will do a dedication race once the track is complete, and will get to working on it again soon as this grief passes.