Gopher's Minions

found Gopher in elite dangerous

FNscar

I believe there needs to be CMDR before the name to be a real person. I have ~300 hours in the game on PC and built a pretty nice ship, see pict below.

However it was over 6 months ago so I don't remember all the rules. I keep thinking I should get back out there but relearning all the controls with the xb1 controller can be quite challenging. FNscar how is your game going what's your favorite ship and thing to do in ED? I see you have a kill warrent scanner. Something tells me you like to do a bit of bounty hunting.

25877806651_fc2010aff2_h.jpg

5 hours ago, FNscar said:

@OutandBack The chance that you find a npc with name Gopher is rather small.
I would like to play on pc but I don`t know if I keep my progress or start anew.

I agree running into the real Gopher or a computer generated one is very rare and to think of doing a screen shot to report your findings was excellent.

I believe if you start playing ED on PC you would start from scratch with no money or ships. If you have been grinding for cash and ships for a while that could really suck to start over. I took a chance with no insurance once and lost everything. OMG I just about uninstalled the game right then and there. Only because deep down I knew I was the one at fault did I keep playing.

I don't believe you can port over a XB1 save file. There is all this talk about Widows 10 and XBox coming together but I don't thin microsoft is there yet.

3 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I agree running into the real Gopher or a computer generated one is very rare and to think of doing a screen shot to report your findings was excellent.

I know. then the real question came do I kill him or not. sadly he was killed by the system security.

3 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I believe if you start playing ED on PC you would start from scratch with no money or ships. If you have been grinding for cash and ships for a while that could really suck to start over. I took a chance with no insurance once and lost everything. OMG I just about uninstalled the game right then and there. Only because deep down I knew I was the one at fault did I keep playing.

I don't believe you can port over a XB1 save file. There is all this talk about Widows 10 and XBox coming together but I don't thin microsoft is there yet.

Indeed you cant, I wasn`t that far in ED. I have only 19mil, a diamondback scout and a type 6 transporter.
In the beginning I died a lot, eventually I lost all my money that I needed to restart.

8 hours ago, FNscar said:

I know. then the real question came do I kill him or not. sadly he was killed by the system security.

Indeed you cant, I wasn`t that far in ED. I have only 19mil, a diamondback scout and a type 6 transporter.
In the beginning I died a lot, eventually I lost all my money that I needed to restart.

I remember a little while back during one of the bigger game updates they made the NPC's really tough, as if they are not bullet sponges all ready, and you would get interdicted all the time.

The ED forum went wild with hell and discontent for the update and the games npc's was changed back but. I'll bet they lost a lot of players because the players went broke.

I do hope to get back to ED one day it is my favorite space game over EVE or Star Citizen. I visit the forum a couple times a week and watch ObsidianAnts YT channel. IF you enjoy watching ED news give OA a look-see. IMO his quality is up there with Gophers channels.

@OutandBack  The update that you mention is the engineer update. They gave the nap modified modules make they even harder.
In the meanwhile I bought and install ED, now I need to setup my controller and let the grind begin.
I follow ObsidianAnts a quite while now. An another channel that I follow is Blind Pew. It`s a small channel but quality is great. Is more roleplaying the game.

I have played a bunch of space games and even wrote my own space exploration game based on the thousand closest real stars in our own neighborhood. That was back in 1980. I recently played No Man's Sky and was impressed by that game, but it is a bit too relentless for my playing style.

So, I watched a couple of hours of Blind Pew and was interested, but I don't like the way the "archaeology" is handled. It is too much like a Final Fantasy puzzle. Too much grind.

My own game turned out too have the same flaw... too much grind.

For puzzle games, I did like the Turing Test.

Edited by Cryzeteur

13 minutes ago, FNscar said:

@CryzeteurI was intrigued by No man's Sky, but in the end was like meh. What do you mean with the archaeology is handled? The Turing Test seems interesting , I might give it a chance.

In Elite Dangerous you go to the various sites and try to figure out what the pylons mean. For archaeology, I prefer collecting all the pieces and try to decode the meaning at leisure.... back in the lab so to speak. Final Fantasy has several puzzles similar to the pylon puzzle and I did not like those puzzles. I like Sudoku, not search and test.

7 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

In Elite Dangerous you go to the various sites and try to figure out what the pylons mean. For archaeology, I prefer collecting all the pieces and try to decode the meaning at leisure.... back in the lab so to speak. Final Fantasy has several puzzles similar to the pylon puzzle and I did not like those puzzles. I like Sudoku, not search and test.

I see what you mean. Didn't play that much of Final Fantasy to came accros of any puzzles. 

HaHa! there is archaeology in ED? I was so busy mining, hauling goods for profits, bandit hunting, system scanning for credits, and surviving interdictions all to buy a better ship and components. 

I never could figure out the faction wars or getting passes to certain systems. I quit playing before the engineers arrived and there was very little chatter about aliens or alien sites to visit.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, Cryzeteur said:

Yeah... I played every Final Fantasy game to completion, including FFO and FFXV.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, OutandBack said:

HaHa! there is archaeology in ED? I was so busy mining, hauling goods for profits, bandit hunting, system scanning for credits, and surviving interdictions all to buy a better ship and components. 

I never could figure out the faction wars or getting passes to certain systems. I quit playing before the engineers arrived and there was very little chatter about aliens or alien sites to visit.

The only thing that I did was bandit hunting. Now with the pc acc I will go exploration.