Gopher's Minions
Sign in to follow this  
ecceau

New progression system

ESO will get its new post-level-50 progression system ("Champion system") in the next update. Since they basically change the whole game in the upcoming update, I thought some of you might want to listen to a short podcast going over the changes they announced yesterday in the zenimax livestream:

http://questgamingnetwork.com/2014/12/20/esotr-quick-report-champion-system-revealed/

Just a quick update: In the video he says you get 20 champion points if you have a VR character when the champion system launches. Originally it was a flat 30, if you have one VR character, but they recently changed it such that you get 1 champion point for each increment of 200.000 xp earned while being in the veteran ranks (with a maximum of 70 points if you have one VR14 and you got 1 million xp while at VR14). This only applies when update 6 launches though. This is not the rate you get champion points after 1.6 is live.

oh wow, 14gb :D i know some people who spent 14 hours downloading the original game yesterday who will be 'over-excited' to see they have to download another 14gb today :D Life sure is weird haha..

Yeah I know ^^ ...it is only coming to the PTS (public test server) tomorrow. So if you don't want to test it before it goes live, there is no need to download any patch (yet). Although I would suggest to hop on the PTS soon, to get a feeling for all the changes. Be aware that you have to download the whole game once more though, since the PTS version and the live version of the game don't share the same game files.

Update 6 is coming to PTS tomorrow!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148152/update-6-on-the-pts-tuesday

I expect first hand reports (since I am not at home and cannot test it myself ... *sigh* :( )

Just amazing so far. A lot of new fun skills and many changes favoring stamina builds. Also some great new convenience systems like the collectibles menu, where you can switch out your horses on the go, while the horse skills now are riding skills of your character and the different horses are shared among characters ;-) ...two of the biggest immediate changes to the actual feel of the game are the new animations for sneaking and weapon stances, and clearly the justice system. It feels so more Skyrimy, when you break into houses, sneak around in there and sell the stuff in thieves guild like enclaves.... not to speak of the champion system which is sth I didnt really dig into so far due to all the other stuff (and I only had about 1h ingame last night since the download took me about 4h) ^^ ...you all need to test this by yourselves!

P.S.: If you have time to read a lot, here are the extensive patch notes: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148159/pts-patch-notes-v1-6