Gopher's Minions

Witcher 3 Mod Compatibility

USNavySquid

So I am brand new to the Minions site but have been following Gophers adventures for a few years now.   He is one of the major influences into my building a high end PC so I could convert to the dark side from console gaming.   I have put off Witcher 3 all this time but finally tried firing it up last night because college finals are about done and I have the time to dive in.   So I grabbed some mods off of nexus that seemed to have little or no conflicts or bugs with the current game patch version but immediately ran into "script compile" errors.  After a little research I downloaded a highly recommended merging exe but still couldnt fix things.  Only after deactivating and uninstalling all the mods(8) would the game load.   

Sadly that wasnt the end.   Lol it looks insanely pretty in 1440p Ultra max settings at 60fps but after all the cutscenes were over I was assuming that I would be handed control of Geralt.   At this point the game crashes on me.   

I have no mods right now and just wondering what my options are at this point after I do a fresh install of the vanilla game.  It is the steam GOTY version.   My pc is a i5 6600k, 32gb ddr4, EVGA 1080 FTW, and all running in the 40-60c range.  Are mods broken at the moment for the current 1.31 version?  Ive had good luck figuring out Bethesda and Bioware mods but not sure this will be as simple.   Sorry in advance if there is already a topic for this up.   Didnt see one but will delete this one if need be.

Thanks 

U(nfortunately there are some changes between 1.30 (last stand alone version) and 1.31 (the GOTY version) and many mods compatible with 1.30 aren't fully compatible on 1.31. AeroHD on Nexus maintain both a Unofficial compilation of updated mods and a tool to update the mods if needs be. I can't be sure they will help, but they might.

Thanks Woodclaw.   I will have to take a closer look at the links and figure it out.   Appreciate the info.   And Slushy, yea I was figuring the ctd was related to something like that.... Why I was willing to just wipe it and do a fresh install since I had no in-game time invested yet.   I recall having to do that mods folder check for Fallout 4 when Nuka DLC came out and broke everything.   Looking forward to seeing what all the Witcher hype is about though... have had some friends nagging me to play since W3 launched.