Gopher's Minions

Hi all,

The time has come for Yggdrasil Isle to (despite the oncoming winter) grow itself a lovely canopy. If you'd like to help out, oak leaves are very welcome and a donation box has been set up under the stairs, inside Yggdrasil itself, located at roughly 800, 600 in the overworld. Slipstream access is available, and if you're coming from the Nether Road the entrance is on the Yellow Road, marked by a pair of trees. You can also take the black road off of the green road (before the purple road) and turn right at the intersection.

All my best,

Grog

14 minutes ago, Tirius said:

I'll have a look what kind of leaves I have left, though it really would have been so much easier to donate... if at least one of you had wanted acacia. (And I'm happy to leave the leaf wars up to you to settle, lol).

I actually accept acacia xD acacia, oak and dark oak are the same visually so I accept them xD

Step 1: Plant a really long line of oaks.

Step 2: Bone meal everything so you create a tree wall.

Step 3: Harvest all the leaves on one side of the tree wall.

Step 4: Chop down one wood block. Since there are still leaves on the other side of the wall, and since all woodblocks are linked together you'll chop down the entire tree wall in 1 hit.

Step 5: Harvest the remaining leaves.

Bonus: Make an auto-smelter and cook charcoal with the spare wood.

Having beacons in range will help.

That's how i got all my leaves, while i did not need too many, harvesting leaves it was really easy this way.

1 hour ago, cimi said:

Step 1: Plant a really long line of oaks.

Step 2: Bone meal everything so you create a tree wall.

Step 3: Harvest all the leaves on one side of the tree wall.

Step 4: Chop down one wood block. Since there are still leaves on the other side of the wall, and since all woodblocks are linked together you'll chop down the entire tree wall in 1 hit.

Step 5: Harvest the remaining leaves.

Bonus: Make an auto-smelter and cook charcoal with the spare wood.

Having beacons in range will help.

That's how i got all my leaves, while i did not need too many, harvesting leaves it was really easy this way.

Interesting tecnique, but isn't this very very not efficent?

Not at all.

Getting rid of the wood blocks is the hard part, not harvesting leaves.

If you harvest all the leaves before you chop down the tree you have to chop all wood blocks. If you harvest half of the leaves you can break all the wood in 1 hit and harvest the remaining leaves.

This way you spend more time getting leaves than chopping wood.

5 minutes ago, cimi said:

Not at all.

Getting rid of the wood blocks is the hard part, not harvesting leaves.

If you harvest all the leaves before you chop down the tree you have to chop all wood blocks. If you harvest half of the leaves you can break all the wood in 1 hit and harvest the remaining leaves.

This way you spend more time getting leaves than chopping wood.

Ah ! now you can't destroy anymore the wood leaving the leaves hanging, the new plugin destroy the wood and the leaves together, so you have to harvest the leaves before chopping the wood or you loose the hem,  this is what I ment

But you still need leaves to 1 hit the trees.

I'm quite sure that's faster to harvest 50% of the leaves, 1 hit the tree and plant 64 new trees than harvesting all leaves then chop down a 64(length) x6 (height) wall of wood blocks.

It takes 0.4 seconds to break 1 wood block with an diamond axe. To break that wall you need to spend at least 3 minutes.

In those 3 minutes you can easily plant another stack of oaks and start harvesting more leaves

Edit: You can harvest more than 50% of the leaves if you leave some leaves still in place. You could actually fully harvest 63 of the 64 trees and you'll still chop down the wall in 1 hit.

Edited by cimi
11 minutes ago, cimi said:

But you still need leaves to 1 hit the trees.

I'm quite sure that's faster to harvest 50% of the leaves, 1 hit the tree and plant 64 new trees than harvesting all leaves then chop down a 64(length) x6 (height) wall of wood blocks.

It takes 0.4 seconds to break 1 wood block with an diamond axe. To break that wall you need to spend at least 3 minutes.

In those 3 minutes you can easily plant another stack of oaks and start harvesting more leaves

Edit: You can harvest more than 50% of the leaves if you leave some leaves still in place. You could actually fully harvest 63 of the 64 trees and you'll still chop down the wall in 1 hit.

This is a VERY good idea ! will try it !!

1 minute ago, cimi said:

Even if you fully harvest the 64 trees, as long as all wood blocks are touching eachother you can simply place another tree right next to the wood wall, bonemeal it and when you chop it down it will break the entire wall

Yeah yeah I read it in the post above, this is actually a really nice idea. will try it later^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Since Jean is done with his leaves, feel free to donate any remaining Oak/Dark Oak leaves to Yggdrasil Isle, located at 800/600 in the overworld. Entrance from the Nether is along the yellow road, near spawn and marked by a pair of trees. Donation chest w/ hopper is located under the stairs on the ground floor. Thanks to any donators in advance!