Gopher's Minions
Tirius

Southeast region map and coop thread

As my minion land neighbours rightly noted, our discussions were taking over the main noticeboard thread a bit. I've therefore started this new one, so that people in and around our area can get together and plan/discuss things and/or solve problems in a central location without derailing other parts of the forum. ;) Most of us who have gotten together so far are in very different time zones, and I'm hoping this will allow other neighbours / new settlers to join even if we don't see eachother in-game that much.

The region

In the spoiler tag below is an overview of our area, located across the sea to the southeast of Gophershore, and directly east of the Azure Islands. The first map included some rough sketches of the current claims in the region, as well as the inactive ones and features like roads and places-of-interest. ("Current" being claimed areas, regardless of the actual last-time-seen date of the owner.) As the map's area expanded a bit over time, I've reduced the amount of markers on it a bit, though also added a legend for easy reference.

As one of the more sparsely populated but still relatively central regions, most the early settlers in the region have managed to stake out rather large claims compared the hustle-and-bustle of the Crossroads, but we've also seen new people settle in the region on a regular basis. We're going for a bit more of a "natural look" to the land so far, but there's still place to settle if you're interested.

The later maps expanded the initial Firelight Region map to include the neighbouring southern region of Sucrose Shores, as well as the eastern lands around the Miniopoly board. The formatting of the map changed a few times to accomodate this. The most complete ingame version of this map can now be found in the Map Rooms at New Mistral (accessibly via the library or the Map Office), and inside Boom Caverns. Smaller local maps are also found at the waystations along the Great Roads.

Current Map: please refer to the link in my signature.

Sixth Map (30 january 2018) - Note: for variants between this and nr.5, please consult pages 12-13 of this topic).

Spoiler

tUyIV0x.png

Fifth Map (26 april 2017)

Spoiler

P2F0zLo.png

Fourth Map (6 march 2017)

Spoiler

gC7GNdl.png

Third Map (4 february 2017 - now including Sucrose Shores)

Spoiler

Q83QwMK.png

Second Map (30 november 2016)

Spoiler

uVONmfU.png

First Map (31 october 2016)

Spoiler

fpK8MxH.png

Main development

The major build sites in the region are as follows:

• Port of New Mistral. My own plot, intended to serve as a transit and trade hub. I've incorporated Seawatch village as part of it, though it'll remain a public area. Also in this area are the private claims along the coast that belong to Andracos, Goatcha and Zanfino.
  • Boom Caverns. A large underground city of connected caves, intended as a community build. Plz see the separate post elsewhere on the forums.
  • Sucrose Shores: home of @BUNYANSaxe1943 and @Smartboy53, who landscaped an entire biome with profits from their sugar trade. Home to Strose the giant snowman and the Hall of Capitalism trade center.
  • Easter Exhibit. dependency of Sucrose Shores, where a plus-sized rabbit settled among too many haybales.
  • Miniopoly: Minionland's first game board, a community project by yours truly. Plz see the separate post elsewhere on the forums. Nearby one can find the unofficial 'road of cute things', including Hampstead and the BoyeBoys Memorial.
  • Overland road network: the Great East and Great South roads both pass through the region, connected by the 'Firelight Loop' road that runs along the builds named above.
  • Nether Road: branch line to the main nether highways, runs from the south to the east road. This is the purple line connecting to the South Road, with exits currently available to the above as well as several other private claims. The main line extends beyond the end of the purple road onto the 'sugar line', with the main gate to Sucrose Shores and the spawn grounds at its end. On the far end of the purple, one can find the gate to Miniopoly

That's all for now. Any questions, suggestions or other minion opinions are welcome. Oh, and if the neighbours feel I've forgotten something: don't hesitate to correct me please. ;)

Edited by Tirius

Make sure to tag all those who should be home informed that this thread exists. Sentar, Goatcha, Bunyan. I haven't figured out how tagging works so I can't help. Sentar needs to either finish his Deep Road entrance or allow permissions to do so. Because I hit his boundary line and couldn't continue. Also a part of my property is on Sentar's block. There's the begging of a stone tower that will act like a boundary line. Right past the river.

52 minutes ago, VATROU said:

Make sure to tag all those who should be home informed that this thread exists.

Done. It's simply an "@" and then the list of users comes up to link as you type the name. Claim issues are certainly something we can sort out here, but don't trust the map too much for those as I did not map everything down to the block...

@Tirius you'very made a good map of our region. It's beautiful and informative. 

@VATROUme and Goatcha will build Deep Roads entrance near my main entrance little plaza. About claims: I'll try to do something about it, though I have some plans on my underground part of Citadel (dungeons,  jails, torture rooms etc.), so I hope you won't go with building too deep into my territory if I'll trust you on it.  Also be aware of the fact that I'll use part of river between my place and northern part of your (where your first road was)  as a moat... And it's probably will go down to bedrock (not sure if I will really do this, because I'm a little bit short on time for playing,  but that's a plan).

By the way guys.  My Nether Gate is spawning zombie pigmen pretty often, so if you need gold and free golden swords feel free to kill them. Even if they looks like Citadel guards. 

57 minutes ago, Sentar said:

@Tirius you'very made a good map of our region. It's beautiful and informative. 

@VATROUme and Goatcha will build Deep Roads entrance near my main entrance little plaza. About claims: I'll try to do something about it, though I have some plans on my underground part of Citadel (dungeons,  jails, torture rooms etc.), so I hope you won't go with building too deep into my territory if I'll trust you on it.  Also be aware of the fact that I'll use part of river between my place and northern part of your (where your first road was)  as a moat... And it's probably will go down to bedrock (not sure if I will really do this, because I'm a little bit short on time for playing,  but that's a plan).

By the way guys.  My Nether Gate is spawning zombie pigmen pretty often, so if you need gold and free golden swords feel free to kill them. Even if they looks like Citadel guards. 

I wanted to remove the old cobble path that was there anyways and restore some of the river, so that works out well with what I have planned. Soon I'll level my mountain and turn everything to stone and start making it fancier. But I've been preoccupied with the Deep Roads and life. So my time is pretty short. Maybe when Bunyan gets a chance he said he might plop down a beacon for faster digging so we can clear these faster.

Maybe we should see about getting the supplies for our own Beacon or two if we can get Tirius and Goatcha. So we can move faster with our projects.

I was thinking about beacon. Getting it is much time consuming.  And building pyramid for maximum effect is very expensive too... But for mining obsidian this thing would be greatly helpful,  even if I'll need to make obsidian farm for it... Because at some point I'll need this kind of farm anyway. 

Btw,  I need much iron (3 or 4 stacks)  for my map wall subproject, and some other things. I can provide bonemeal,  gunpowder,  feather, gold, books and leather in return. 

I have most of the area below @Tirius's map mapped. I can clean it up like the op and stick it up here as well so we get a full region map going. Beacons are great for mining a large area but straight roads are not great because you have to keep moving the beacon forward. I would say anything less than 30 blocks wide is probably to thin to make a difference with a beacon. @Sentar I can trade Iron for gunpowder and leather.

3 hours ago, VATROU said:

I wanted to remove the old cobble path that was there anyways and restore some of the river, so that works out well with what I have planned. Soon I'll level my mountain and turn everything to stone and start making it fancier. But I've been preoccupied with the Deep Roads and life. So my time is pretty short. Maybe when Bunyan gets a chance he said he might plop down a beacon for faster digging so we can clear these faster.

Maybe we should see about getting the supplies for our own Beacon or two if we can get Tirius and Goatcha. So we can move faster with our projects.

What? Level The Lonely Mountain?  Blasthemy!

Just need to fix the exterior of it a bit.  And not forgetting secret entrances. LOL.

Still, whatever you do, will be enjoyable to visit the finished prouct, its a bit maze-like atm.

We should bring @Zanfino in on this discussion btw. And probably @Kirarii too as I definitely want to complete both Overland and Deep Road paths to her area. Seeing as its the best place to get horses and donkeys.

Just now, Goatcha said:

What? Level The Lonely Mountain?  Blasthemy!

Just need to fix the exterior of it a bit.  And not forgetting secret entrances. LOL.

Still, whatever you do, will be enjoyable to visit the finished prouct, its a bit maze-like atm.

We should bring @Zanfino in on this discussion btw. And probably @Kirarii too as I definitely want to complete both Overland and Deep Road paths to her area. Seeing as its the best place to get horses and donkeys.

I'm not leveling it, per sey. More like trimming the parts I don't want to make a better end product. Still, gonna take ages.

7 hours ago, Sentar said:

Btw,  I need much iron (3 or 4 stacks)  for my map wall subproject, and some other things. I can provide bonemeal,  gunpowder,  feather, gold, books and leather in return. 

I should have at least 1, maybe 2 stacks of iron. Not in need of much atm, but I could do with a few bars of gold to create more golden apples. I still need a few more villagers for my market.

5 hours ago, BUNYANSaxe1943 said:

I have most of the area below @Tirius's map mapped. I can clean it up like the op and stick it up here as well so we get a full region map going.

That would be appreciated - I have a large portion of that area mapped as well but it's incomplete and I don't have that much info on who else lives down south except for you and Smartboy. If you post what you have here, I can add the info to my map and make it into a single large one.

4 hours ago, Goatcha said:

I linked Zanfino above, so that is covered. Kirarii is not listed in the forums.

8 hours ago, VATROU said:

Yeah... and now I have to inform you guys about how much of a noob I am: I've never make a beacon (and never fought a wither before). I might not be so much help for that one, lol. (I only started playing MC because of Gopher's videos, and like him I am very much just a miner/builder so far.)

Edited by Tirius

Any of you need help with the wither be sure to let me know. I can kill it in under 10 seconds :P

EDIT: Also @Tirius Our Hall of Capitalism is almost fleshed out with villagers selling every enchantment. I spoke to Vatrou about this and I would like to extend the offer to you as well, you are welcome to the villagers out of the breeder that don't meet Hall of Capitalism criterion. Its faster/ cheaper than healing zombie villagers and once the deep roads are properly lined with rail (yes I know I'm the only one missing rail, I'm working on it) then they should only be a minecart ride away. Its better than them joining the soylent green brigade I should think.

Edited by BUNYANSaxe1943

1 hour ago, Tirius said:

Yeah... and now I have to inform you guys about how much of a noob I am: I've never make a beacon (and never fought a wither before). I might not be so much help for that one, lol. (I only started playing MC because of Gopher's videos, and like him I am very much just a miner/builder so far.)

You're not alone there mate.

BTW, I have to get hold of one of those Stiv paintings you have, they are awesome.

1 hour ago, BUNYANSaxe1943 said:

Any of you need help with the wither be sure to let me know. I can kill it in under 10 seconds :P

EDIT: Also @Tirius Our Hall of Capitalism is almost fleshed out with villagers selling every enchantment. I spoke to Vatrou about this and I would like to extend the offer to you as well (...)

Many thanks. We'll have to plan a guided tour at some point. :)

14 minutes ago, Goatcha said:

BTW, I have to get hold of one of those Stiv paintings you have, they are awesome.

Thank lolmasta for that, he put in all the work on those. They are maps that I can easily duplicate, all you need is an item frame to mount it.

@VATROU, I've fully trusted you on those land you wanted.  Feel free to continue building your project. Btw,  I like your observation tower it looks interesting. 

Tried to make some trading on crossroads plaza yesterday... Just like I did a week after server became public. This time there was no success. It's too few of people left on server this days. Minions extinction is obvious. 

@Tirius, I think we need some directions signs where our branch of nether highway connects to community highway. 

7 hours ago, Sentar said:

@Tirius, I think we need some directions signs where our branch of nether highway connects to community highway. 

There are a few signs at the intersection of the nether roads, but they are indeed easy to miss and in need of an update. I'll have a look at how the main roads are marked at the hub for ideas on how to improve them.

I still need to drop off some stuff for you - spent half an hour chasing some escaped villagers yesterday, that had to come first before they did something stupid. gopherMoo

Progress report: I've stuck a few extra signs on the New Mistral gate (nether side) naming the principal neighbours in the area as a first attempt at improvement. And while I was doing that, I noticed this sandstone extention that has popped up:

SysOPwM.png

Apparently, the sugary southern shorefolk have been busy. @BUNYANSaxe1943, is this your work? I'd like to coordinate connecting our tunnels properly. Might need a bit of work given that the "sugar line" is a few levels below the main road level (that mine is on). I saw there's also a makeshift tunnel running north towards the east highway now. Do you plan to keep the connecting tunnels at the lower level, or do you want to move things up a bit so that your highway connections are on the level? (Might be better to do that now rather than later once the build is done if you still want to.) If you want to keep your tunnel at the current level, I'd like to ask you keep the part in the picture leading to the stairs open for me - I can make a slightly bigger station area around my gate then, put in some proper signage and extend the red brick facade.

Come the weekend I've planned to look into the whole claim access thing, so that I can give everyone in the area access to my stores at my harbor. Plenty for basic supplies there in all forms of stone and wood and a fair amount of nether rack and brick that you guys can take for your various projects. I'm quickly running out of storage area there as I'm currently mining more than I'm building, as I'm having trouble deciding on the design for the next phase of my harbor.

Lastly, I've continued the makeshift Deep Roads access tunnel running south under my place. I'm almost to Seawatch now, once I'm there I'll try and coordinate with @Bryonsmothers for the west tunnel to connect to the island realm as suggested in the other forum thread.

Edited by Tirius

10 minutes ago, Tirius said:

Progress report: I've stuck a few extra signs on the New Mistral gate (nether side) naming the principal neighbours in the area as a first attempt at improvement. And while I was doing that, I noticed this sandstone extention that has popped up:

Oh, I must check that out some time.

Apparently, the sugary southern shorefolk have been busy@BUNYANSaxe1943

@Bryonsmothers

Yeah they have been busy, turn right at the intersection and it leads straight into their Hall of Capitalism.
However Bunyan still considers it a work in progress which is presumably why its still walled off.
I find it extremely useful though.

8 minutes ago, Goatcha said:

Yeah they have been busy, turn right at the intersection and it leads straight into their Hall of Capitalism.
However Bunyan still considers it a work in progress which is presumably why its still walled off.
I find it extremely useful though.

I know, the old road to Sucrose was a bit daunting, you can just make out my original stone slab path in the top of the image; that was the path to my second death. :) I'll wait til I hear from Bunyan then, plenty to do in the interim.

5 hours ago, Tirius said:

I know, the old road to Sucrose was a bit daunting, you can just make out my original stone slab path in the top of the image; that was the path to my second death. :) I'll wait til I hear from Bunyan then, plenty to do in the interim.

Never even found that road.
The deep Roads technically reach his basement, but the last 500 blocks or so lack rails and widened tunnels.
Can take a horse along it though, just be careful to avoid falling through the world.

I have followed Goatcha's advise to explore and light up caves under my place and finally found a zombie spawner not far from my caldera. Now obsidian mining is on break, because i need some time to shape this spawn into villagers selector. But lucky for me, now one of my most hard tasks is almost complete - i have a good way to populate Dark Citadel with some staff. And when i'll finish it and cover it well, i think that corridor to this spawner may become a good escape route.

P.s. Tirius, i may take your netherrack and nether brick... I need a lot of this stuff.

47 minutes ago, Shiroi_gaijin said:

Are you a dwarf, perchance? (note: not a little person)

Diggy Diggy Hole? ;) And I'll get on the nether rack. Might need to reserve some to extend the brinks around the portal's nether side, but there'll be almost a double chest full left

League of Legends Ranked Queues close for the season on the 8th, I probably won't be playing much until after then. The Nether Roads are still WIP. I ran into FIawedOne's claim trying to connect to the east highway. I mailed him and figured I would give him a couple days to respond before bothering an admin/mod. The Purple Spur on the south Highway is basically connected but I wanted some input from Zanfino because it runs directly past his portal. I am very much open to height adjustments, but my design is fairly locked in at this point. Credit largely to smartboy53 on this, the design is basically a spatial representation of our banner. @Tirius I don't recall the exact position of your portal but I would definitely like to chat on hooking all our portals together. We should all be very close together in that area and as best I can tell most of your portals (Those who are tagged in this thread that is) should not be directly on the path but slightly to either side. I haven't claimed it and I figure If there is an issue with the design as it connects to your portal, thematic or otherwise, we can work on a resolution without issue.

EDIT: @Tirius Just found your portal, don't know how I didn't see it. Any way, the sandstone stairs to the corridor your off of are just tentative, I didn't want to just drill and hook up without chatting with the designers first. Red netherbrick and slabs could probably integrate to connect the two styles to the sucrose shore highway. I usually have discord up even if I'm not on so just msg me when your around and we can discuss how we want to hook it up

Edited by BUNYANSaxe1943