Gopher's Minions

Witcher 1 and 2 - Decisions, decisions ....

Hey all, doing a replay of this one after started re-watching Gophers play-through.  (Yes, was suppose to play Skyrim but stated watching these as I was modding it and reading up on different mods, then got an urge to replay Witcher instead. :rolleyes: )

Trying to do things a little bit different this time though, although somethings you can't just change, i.e. helping Thaler and Vincent as an example, although they are small matters in the main plot.  At Chapter 3 I still not had to take the main decision yes (first play thought I went neutral) and as you guessed, this time I got to go either Order or Scoia'tael and not sure which way I should go.  So, if anyone remember the game well enough I wouldn't mind a few pointers as to which way to go ? (it probably be quite a while before doing a 3rd play through. lol )

Anyway, thanks for reading and have fun gaming ! gopherVaultStiv

Edited by Beuwolf

i have finished first Witcher just recently

the fact that it allows a neutral path - unlike 2nd game, and maybe 3rd as well - i consider to be a serious advantage

unfortunately, since i remained neutral, i dont know much about other paths

however, you can ask yourself a question - do you want to continue into next two games with this save?

and if you do - which side do you want to explore in them

Thought I ask here instead of making a new thread.

Just finished W2, went all way with Scoia'tael this time and helped Philippa Eilhart at the end, instead of Triss, since I saved her first time I played W2.  Got to admit seeing the Epilogue was slightly unsettling and definitely wondering how it all will effect W3 later when I restart that one day (or might do now, even if I not finished the first playthrough yet).

Has anyone replayed it with different endings from W2 and was W3 much different depending on your choices in W2 ??

40 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

The Scoia'tael is nothing but a foot note in W3. That said I enjoyed the Scoia'tael path much better than the Roche.

What W3 cares about is who you killed and who you allowed to live in W2. Anymore details would probably be too big a spoiler. 

Ahh right, gotcha.

And yes, I did enjoy the Scoia'teal part more then the Roche part as well, the environment was so much nicer and so was the other characters in Vergen then over in the Kaedwen camp.  It was as I said just the ending in W2 that I found a bit unsettling, they sure went a bit overboard with the.. piles.. if you know what I mean?  Don't want to be to specific if someone not played the Scoia'teal part yet.

For me personally I prefer to save or let all live, where I was given a choice, in W2. That said I don't believe it affects the W3 end game much.

I prefer to do the simulated W2 game start where you are asked what happens in W2. I had about 5 W2 end game saves and I never could remember who dies and who was saved.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the bump but here we are again, got a urge to play Witcher 2 again as I am watching CohhCarnage videos of his playthrough of the game. :rolleyes:

I know some of you here like to mod your games so thought I ask if anyone ever added, or used a mod, to get access to all the Wild Hunt armour in W2 ?  Unfortunately it is only available by a random drop (and a rare at that !) in the secret room at the insane asylum.  If that still is random though, I tried 10 times and got the exact same drop so not sure.  Instead I was cheeky and added it to my game.  Then I realised that the Pants is needing four (yes 4 !! :o ) Draugir Armour Fragments to craft which is rather insane since they such a rare drop.  The full recipe is: 

Hardened Leather 4 pcs
Robust Cloth 2 pcs
Twine 2 pcs
Studded Leather 2 pcs
Draugir Armour Fragment 4 pcs.

Not sure about you guys but I think I had like 2 pcs of Draugir Armour when I played last time and I am also going Dark Mode, so needing one pcs for that armour as well I seen.  Soooo, I was once again bit cheeky and edited the Components required and was wondering if you think this is better, but still not too easy to obtain ??

Hardened Leather 10 pcs
Robust Cloth 12 pcs
Studded Leather 10 pcs
Kayran Skin 1 pcs
Endrega Hide 8 pcs

I picked the Kayran skin since it is a rare drop, and with the Kayran dropping two loots you can still make the Kayran armour too if you so wanting.  And with the Wild Hunt Jacket needing the Draugir Armour Fragment as well, you can still not be too overpowered in act 1.

So, what you guys think ?

PS:  If I know how to add the recipes to different chests through prologue and act 1 I might have made a small quest mod of it all, although no clue how to get that added to the quest log though so would have to be untracked.  The modding community on Nexus for the game don't seem to be too active though. :(

9 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

PS:  If I know how to add the recipes to different chests through prologue and act 1 I might have made a small quest mod of it all, although no clue how to get that added to the quest log though so would have to be untracked.  The modding community on Nexus for the game don't seem to be too active though. :(

I can't remember that far back... LOL

I think, if you can make it .... why not... the mods for W1 armor include : https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/750

Never tried it but it is supposed to be All Geralt's Armor.

13 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Sorry for the bump but here we are again, got a urge to play Witcher 2 again as I am watching CohhCarnage videos of his playthrough of the game. :rolleyes:

I know some of you here like to mod your games so thought I ask if anyone ever added, or used a mod, to get access to all the Wild Hunt armour in W2 ?  Unfortunately it is only available by a random drop (and a rare at that !) in the secret room at the insane asylum.  If that still is random though, I tried 10 times and got the exact same drop so not sure.  Instead I was cheeky and added it to my game.  Then I realised that the Pants is needing four (yes 4 !! :o ) Draugir Armour Fragments to craft which is rather insane since they such a rare drop.  The full recipe is: 

Hardened Leather 4 pcs
Robust Cloth 2 pcs
Twine 2 pcs
Studded Leather 2 pcs
Draugir Armour Fragment 4 pcs.

Not sure about you guys but I think I had like 2 pcs of Draugir Armour when I played last time and I am also going Dark Mode, so needing one pcs for that armour as well I seen.  Soooo, I was once again bit cheeky and edited the Components required and was wondering if you think this is better, but still not too easy to obtain ??

Hardened Leather 10 pcs
Robust Cloth 12 pcs
Studded Leather 10 pcs
Kayran Skin 1 pcs
Endrega Hide 8 pcs

I picked the Kayran skin since it is a rare drop, and with the Kayran dropping two loots you can still make the Kayran armour too if you so wanting.  And with the Wild Hunt Jacket needing the Draugir Armour Fragment as well, you can still not be too overpowered in act 1.

Wait, what version are you playing. As far as I know the random drop of the Wild Hunt Armor was removed from the Enhanced Version.

2 minutes ago, Woodclaw said:

Wait, what version are you playing. As far as I know the random drop of the Wild Hunt Armor was removed from the Enhanced Version.

Well, that I missed reading about.  But it would explain why I had 10 consistent drops from the Asylum then ! :P  So basically you saying for anyone with the Enhanced version will never have the Wild Hunt Armor dropped then ??

Just now, Beuwolf said:

Well, that I missed reading about.  But it would explain why I had 10 consistent drops from the Asylum then ! :P  So basically you saying for anyone with the Enhanced version will never have the Wild Hunt Armor dropped then ??

As far as I know that should be the case, at least on PC.

1 minute ago, Woodclaw said:

As far as I know that should be the case, at least on PC.

Well, that shucks.  Glad I found a mod that had them pulled out from where they hiding and could add it to my game then.  I just added them to my chest but would rather have made it like a small quest line but no clue how add it different chests around the game world.  Even if it is just for me it would been more fun that way then the way I had to do it.

On the subject though, would you think the above alternation of the schmatics would be fair though, keeping it still relative rare and hard to obtain the armour ?

2 minutes ago, Beuwolf said:

Well, that shucks.  Glad I found a mod that had them pulled out from where they hiding and could add it to my game then.  I just added them to my chest but would rather have made it like a small quest line but no clue how add it different chests around the game world.  Even if it is just for me it would been more fun that way then the way I had to do it.

On the subject though, would you think the above alternation of the schmatics would be fair though, keeping it still relative rare and hard to obtain the armour ?

That is a pretty tall order of business. If memory serves me, Witcher 2 is pretty stingy with components, especially unique ones.

Keep in mind that according to CDPR the Wild Hunt Armor was left in the game code by mistake, it was god-tier item meant for game testing only.

2 minutes ago, Woodclaw said:

That is a pretty tall order of business. If memory serves me, Witcher 2 is pretty stingy with components, especially unique ones.

Keep in mind that according to CDPR the Wild Hunt Armor was left in the game code by mistake, it was god-tier item meant for game testing only.

Yeah I know the components are rare, but think the Kayran Skin is better then 4 Draugir Armour Fragment, since those are really hard to get.

And I was not aware that the Wild Hunt Armour was left in the game code by mistake.  Mind linking me to that ?

7 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Considering you are adding high level gear, possibly god level gear, to the game, it is more than a starter quest. Starter quests only add gear that is available but hard to get at early levels. So no matter how hard the ingredients, a god item quest is still a god item quest. It makes you overpowered early in the game. So if you mod it and post it, you should class it as a god item quest.

When I made the pistol for fallout 4 I set the damage to slightly lower than the best projectile weapons in the game so that it was powerful but not overpowered. The main reason to use my pistol was because it was a pistol that gave you the convenience of a more powerful weapon but was not in your face. Not a god item.

Edited by Cryzeteur
38 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Considering you are adding high level gear, possibly god level gear, to the game, it is more than a starter quest. Starter quests only add gear that is available but hard to get at early levels. So no matter how hard the ingredients, a god item quest is still a god item quest. It makes you overpowered early in the game. So if you mod it and post it, you should class it as a god item quest.l

Well, not adding the item per see though, just the schematics to make them.  Since the armour itself using Draugir Armour Fragment and Necrophage Teeth's, the Gauntlets need a Draugir claw and those items are not available until Act 2 anyway.  Which leaves the pants and boots that can be made in Act one, once the Kyran is killed.  And although they might be the best pieces for Act 1, they wouldn't really be overpowered I think.  Could always switch out the Endrega Hide to some Necrophage Skin and then the pants too can only be made in Act 2 ? (Hmm might do that actually, since you do have a point and considering that CD Projekt Red had that in mind for it with the Draugir Armour Fragment.)

Another thing to consider is that the armour piece to make for Wild Hunt set costs 2.000 orens, same as the Vran armour does, so it wont be that easy to get the armour, all in all.

And the set wouldn't really be God like, if you going Dark Mode, the Oathbreakers Armor in act 2 is equal if not better, depending on what style you choosing to go.  Of course, going easy mode then it would be overkill, but as it is now it is only me that be using it unless I can figure out the below stuff ! :P

Still need to search around and see if I can figure out where to put things, part from in the shop/Geralts chest.  Incase I want to make a mod out of it I mean !

Edit: Just changed it to 6pcs of Necrophage Skin, bit lower then the Endrega but not sure how common the Necrophage Skin is so might change it.  So now, 3 out of the 4 pcs can't be done until Act 2, just like CDPR intended with the original schematics.

Edited by Beuwolf
On 6/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, Beuwolf said:

Yeah I know the components are rare, but think the Kayran Skin is better then 4 Draugir Armour Fragment, since those are really hard to get.

And I was not aware that the Wild Hunt Armour was left in the game code by mistake.  Mind linking me to that ?

I don't have the forum page link anymore :(

4 hours ago, Woodclaw said:

I don't have the forum page link anymore :(

That's ok. :)

Just finished W2 doing Roche path and saving the daughter, also let the rude King live this time and so did Letho, but not the Sorcerer.   Was planning doing Scoia'tael and Iorveth's path but think that be for another time.  Not really in the mood to farm up enough coin again for the Dark Mode armour and the Wild Hunt one.  Although could just go for the Wild Hunt I guess since I'm planning a Magic run and that Armour would be well suited for it.  We'll see.

In the mean time though, what essential mods would you guys suggest for Witcher 3 ?? I am gonna grab the No more rolling down the stairs though, that was something that irked me a little first time around. :P  Also wghost81 Friendly Hud mod.  Part from that i be open for suggestions. :D

On 7/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, Beuwolf said:

That's ok. :)

Just finished W2 doing Roche path and saving the daughter, also let the rude King live this time and so did Letho, but not the Sorcerer.   Was planning doing Scoia'tael and Iorveth's path but think that be for another time.  Not really in the mood to farm up enough coin again for the Dark Mode armour and the Wild Hunt one.  Although could just go for the Wild Hunt I guess since I'm planning a Magic run and that Armour would be well suited for it.  We'll see.

In the mean time though, what essential mods would you guys suggest for Witcher 3 ?? I am gonna grab the No more rolling down the stairs though, that was something that irked me a little first time around. :P  Also wghost81 Friendly Hud mod.  Part from that i be open for suggestions. :D

I used a lot of mods during my run. One of the most essential is the Unification Patch version 1.31. Next to it I recommed Nitpicker patches (possibly the no-armor version to prevent issues with the Skellige Gambeson) and the aforementioned no-rolling.

Sort everything works great with Friendly HUD

Better torches might not be that essential without a darkness mod, but it's very useful.

There are a crapton of tohers and I might need some more time to remember what I installed.

58 minutes ago, Woodclaw said:

I used a lot of mods during my run. One of the most essential is the Unification Patch version 1.31. Next to it I recommed Nitpicker patches (possibly the no-armor version to prevent issues with the Skellige Gambeson) and the aforementioned no-rolling.

Sort everything works great with Friendly HUD

Better torches might not be that essential without a darkness mod, but it's very useful.

There are a crapton of tohers and I might need some more time to remember what I installed.

Thanks for your recommendations ! gopherVaultStiv   I been looking at the Nitpicker patch, not installed it yet though.  Already using Sort Everything and also a few others, such as:

AutoLoot - Herbs Only <> Choose which Alcohol Refills Alchemy <> Coloured Map Markers <> Corrected Sorting (works with Sort Everything) <> Friendly Meditation <> Icon Text <> All Quest Objectives on Map <> Perks Always Active (It only works on the general perks, always thought it was a ridiculous that a general perk needed to be slotted.) <> Potions and Decoctions Small duration tweak (just for the potions though, the few seconds they last for is not enough for me, to old and slow, so need a few more seconds on them. :P ).

That's it for now, might be a few more added, included the Nitpicker Patch.  Most of the above I used already on my first play through of the game and liked them so keeping them this time around too.   I'm just at Orchad right now, not even level 2 yet so can test around with some mods if needed.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:29 PM, Beuwolf said:

snip...

In the mean time though, what essential mods would you guys suggest for Witcher 3 ?? snip... i be open for suggestions. :D

Something that bugged me a lot was the jerky pause when harvesting plants. There is a nice mod that fixes that. I also loved the no tripping down stairs. I though CDPR incorporated a fix for the tripping in one of there updates. Did you record your W2 playthru? I love that game and always enjoy watching new playthrus.

3 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

Something that bugged me a lot was the jerky pause when harvesting plants. There is a nice mod that fixes that. I also loved the no tripping down stairs. I though CDPR incorporated a fix for the tripping in one of there updates. Did you record your W2 playthru? I love that game and always enjoy watching new playthrus.

AutoLoot plants only fixes that.  Just walk/run past them and press E and you get the plant.  Can also set radius for it if you want and it pick larger areas but I'm ok with just not having the pop up box. gopherVaultStiv  Not sure about the tripping, I installed the mod but I could remove it and find out I guess. :P

And no, did not record it, no clue how to do it and what software I would be needing if I did record.  Been thinking of doing it but that's about it so far.