Gopher's Minions

Timmhaze

I'm making this post to inquire about the use of mods on the Minecraft Server.
I understand that there is no using anything that would give a player an unfair advantage (I.e. Xray, Hacked clients), but I was wondering if quality of life mods are allows.
I understand that HUD minimaps are allowed, but what about mods such as mouse pointer tweaks and inventory tweaks?

The end goal of this thread would be to acquire a list of mods that would be allowed that has been compiled by the community.

1 hour ago, Timmhaze said:

I'm making this post to inquire about the use of mods on the Minecraft Server.
I understand that there is no using anything that would give a player an unfair advantage (I.e. Xray, Hacked clients), but I was wondering if quality of life mods are allows.
I understand that HUD minimaps are allowed, but what about mods such as mouse pointer tweaks and inventory tweaks?

The end goal of this thread would be to acquire a list of mods that would be allowed that has been compiled by the community.

What excatly do mouse pointer tweaks and inventory tweaks do?  I'd guess they'd be okay, but I don't know for sure what they do.

http://minecraftsix.com/mouse-tweaks-mod/

http://minecraftsix.com/inventory-tweaks-mod/

Not certain if mouse tweaks is even usable on servers, but I think it is. 
Inventory tweaks allows you to sort your inventory with a single button press. Really handy if you like being neat. I know for a fact that it works on servers. 
They're really just quality of life mods.

16 hours ago, TYARCHAMAC said:

Would Gopher be interested in using a mod that adds functional furniture into the game? like actual tables and chairs and ect?

Problem with having mods that add stuff like furniture is that anyone who joins will have to have the mod as well, or else they won't be able to join (as far as I know thats what happens).

Things like texture packs and shaders are all client side, so they are compatible, which is why mod packs are used to join things like FTB or Tekkit.

Hey fellow minions. I was always playing vanilla minecraft, except texture packs and shaders. But last few days i saw people talking about map mods. Can anyone tell me about some good map mods allowed on Minionland server, i mean where to get them... and describe what exactly does they do?

I'm using MapWriter 2 myself, which allows you to save your map als PNG tiles as well. Quite useful for keeping track of the neighbours and as an unobtrusive second compass. I've hardly used F3 since I installed it. Other names I've seen go around are Voxelmap and Journeymap, though I've not checked those out yet.

On 10/4/2016 at 5:39 PM, TiDinzeo said:

Going by the description mouse tweaks is unnecessary as Minecraft lets you do that already.

Mouse Tweaks changes that part of MC mouse behavior. The Curses page explains exactly the changes. It's necessary for people who want their inventory mouse actions to do those extra things contextually; of which I am not such a person. :D Can well imagine being one, though.

Edited by All_Of_My_Nope

I made a completely Vanilla Server friendly Modpack that only consists of graphical and utility based mods it is located on The Curse Launcher.

The Pack is called Practically Vanilla 1.10.2 and has the following mods as of Version.1.3 

The pack was made specifically for Gophers server and thus follows the no cheating rules but is also tailored to work on all vanilla Servers.

The Packs Curse page can be found HERE

v.1.3 Modlist:

(Chat) Ping!

AplleCore

AppleSkin

Armours HUD {Liteloader Required}    

Better Sprinting

Better Than Bunnies

Better Title Screen

Better Achievements

Better FPS

Block Drops

Can I Join Now?

Chunk Animator   

Chat Tweaks

ColorChat

Client Tweaks        

Enchantment Descriptions    

ExCore    

Fullscreen Windowed    

Forever Enough Items   

Help Fixer

Info Tooltips

Inventory Sorter

Inventory Tweaks

Item Scroller

Journey Map

Just Enough Items

Just Enough Resources

Just Enough Tooltips

K4Lib

LunatriusCore           

Macro Keybinding     

Menu Mobs

More Overlays

Mouse Tweaks

Neat

Not So Secret Settings

Pop Enchant Tags Revived {Liteloader Required}

ReAuth

Schematica

Stackie

The Middle Torch

Twitch Integration

Waila

Waila Harvestability

Wawla

The Pack also includes by default Faithful x32 v1.11 and Vader's Alternative Resources addon for Faithful x32 as well as the Vanilla 16x16 verasion of Vader's Alternative pack

The pack should be updated roughly every week as to update Forge and mod versions also to add newer about better mods.

Edited by Damon Gant
Misuse of big font.

4 hours ago, D4nte85 said:

Ok... well maybe explain to us in like 5 works what each mod does the names arent that conclusive everytime...

I'll second this. I am a bit of a modding noob when it comes to Minecraft, so I'm wary of just installing anything.