Gopher's Minions

Tutorial Request: Optifine, Shaders and Forge

Goatcha

I don't know about gopher but I can do that, there is actually a tutorial I posted a couple days ago on the subject of client side minecraft mods that explains how to install optifine (which is what let's you use shaders) after that you just have to download shader packs and put them in the shader pack folder.

2 hours ago, malice936 said:

I don't know about gopher but I can do that, there is actually a tutorial I posted a couple days ago on the subject of client side minecraft mods that explains how to install optifine (which is what let's you use shaders) after that you just have to download shader packs and put them in the shader pack folder.

All your tutorial seems to imply is that you put Optifine in the mods folder, but when I do that the game won't launch, I get a startup crash.
I don't know, I have allowed optifine to install itself through its setup thingy, but the shaders option doesn't appear in game for me...
Maybe I am misunderstanding..

35 minutes ago, Goatcha said:

All your tutorial seems to imply is that you put Optifine in the mods folder, but when I do that the game won't launch, I get a startup crash.
I don't know, I have allowed optifine to install itself through its setup thingy, but the shaders option doesn't appear in game for me...
Maybe I am misunderstanding..

You should only have to put Optifine in the mods folder, are you sure you downloaded the 1.10.2 version from the official site that I linked? Other than that I would have to see your crash log to be able to tell you what's going wrong with it.