Deleted User 1257

Announcement
Official Gopher's Minions Discord Server!

35 posts in this topic

I wonder how long it's going to be before you have to use the banhammer on someone? :P

Is this replacing TeamSpeak or is it just an alternative/secondary service? (no opinion either way, just curious)

3 minutes ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

Is this replacing TeamSpeak or is it just an alternative/secondary service? (no opinion either way, just curious)

Just another option.

3 hours ago, Xelphos said:

Just another option.

To expand on this.  Is there a way to have the TS appear again on the forums instead of the Discord?

never ever used voice chat xD Got a pair of headphones with mic but i don't know how well it works and my fans are SO DAMN NOISY. So while i'm doing an account i don't know if i will ever speak XD

Cryzeteur, Jognt and ShawnBoucher like this

2 hours ago, AntiSkillshot said:

To expand on this.  Is there a way to have the TS appear again on the forums instead of the Discord?

Yes, it is possible.

8 hours ago, jeancly said:

never ever used voice chat xD Got a pair of headphones with mic but i don't know how well it works and my fans are SO DAMN NOISY. So while i'm doing an account i don't know if i will ever speak XD

I used chat in ESO Beta and FF Beta, but never really got into it. When I am in chat peeps complain that I don't answer them. ... I'm busy! ... Let me alone... sheesh! ... so that was how it went. :P As a result, I never got into mumble or TS.

jeancly likes this

1 minute ago, Cryzeteur said:

I used chat in ESO Beta and FF Beta, but never really got into it. When I am in chat peeps complain that I don't answer them. ... I'm busy! ... Let me alone... sheesh! ... so that was how it went. :P As a result, I never got into mumble or TS.

ahaha indeed, it will end in me joining a group only if there is a reason ( working together or something like that XD) and stay silentyl in the background... listening....

Cryzeteur likes this

Just now, jeancly said:

ahaha indeed, it will end in me joining a group only if there is a reason ( working together or something like that XD) and stay silentyl in the background... listening....

I have done that. As long as no one gets mad at a silent partner that works fine.

jeancly likes this

3 hours ago, Okmeery said:

Why did we need a discord?

Because too many people are pansies and don't want to get TS.

3 hours ago, Okmeery said:

Why did we need a discord?

People kept asking me, so I gave up, and just set one up. At the time of this post there are 224 people on it, so I would say it is popular.

11 hours ago, jeancly said:

never ever used voice chat xD Got a pair of headphones with mic but i don't know how well it works

same here. Bugged the moderators here with silly questions about getting on teamspeak but then decided not too. Guess I'll give it a try now because of the MC server.

1 minute ago, ShawnBoucher said:

same here. Bugged the moderators here with silly questions about getting on teamspeak but then decided not too. Guess I'll give it a try now because of the MC server.

discord is pretty easy to use so it won't be a proble i guess

ShawnBoucher likes this

3 minutes ago, ShawnBoucher said:

So between the too is one preferable or is it just a matter of personal taste?

imo it is a matter of taste xD 

AntiSkillshot likes this

47 minutes ago, Xelphos said:

People kept asking me, so I gave up, and just set one up. At the time of this post there are 224 people on it, so I would say it is popular.

If you set up a Farmville community or something with Gophers name on it people would join it too. Doesn't mean it's needed in any way.

AntiSkillshot and Jognt like this

2 minutes ago, Okmeery said:

If you set up a Farmville community or something with Gophers name on it people would join it too. Doesn't mean it's needed in any way.

Well if Gopher links it to Patreon, and Twitch it kinda becomes official now doesn't it. =P
He is also probably getting partnered on Discord.

@Okmeery People might still want things even though they don't need it. And I know that is not a good reason to actually do something. But if enough people want it, and we can do it, why not?
With the Minecraft server opening soon, there is a boost in sense of community amongst Minions lately. If ever, now is a good time to add to that.
For now I don't think it will replace the teamspeak or the forum, just add to it. We will see where it will lead us.

I think it was the Patreon integration that made Gopher interested in the first place, so, there's that.

Deleted User 1257 likes this

I have successfully acquired and used Discord and my microphone! A bit unnerving I usually feel out of place but I wandered into a lobby with four others and they all had lovely accents. Generally I do not consider my speaking voice but immediately I felt every bit the ugly American I am :) Oh well I will suffer the discomfort of speaking and let everyone else suffer the discomfort of hearing it ;)