Jump to content
Gopher's Minions

Official Vanilla Minecraft Server: Minion Land!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rules:   Protecting your land:   Plugins:   Server Info & Address: (Please read the Rules, and Protecting your land, before connecting to the server.)

I've been on the server pretty much from dawn 'til dusk since it opened Sunday night and the only thing I've used /fly for is to scout locations for official stuff like roads and a small "town centre"

Going to say this now. I am claiming 12 PM EST on Saturdays Thursdays as maintenance time. This doesn't mean there will be maintenance every Thursday, I am just say to expect maintenance at 12 PM EST

Anyone else upset that we don't get to spawn in at the top of the Lava Tower?

Also, what about simply convenience mods? I'm thinking specifically of Inventory Tweaks which automatically replaces used stacks/broken hotkeyed items from ones in your larger inventory if you have spares?  Though that mini-map mod you were using sounds awesome,

Really wish I could post comments on Gopher's Twitch VOD, because he keeps throwing away his potato and I have to keep shouting Nooooo!
He needs to plant it in his farm.
Also the column in the centre of the lava spawn point looks horrible, should be lava and glass throughout the square.
I also agree that a glowstone teleporter platform would look nicer.
Still just want to spawn at the top of the Lava Tower though.

Edited by Goatcha
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this going to be a "public" public server, or will it be whitelisted pending someone asking for access here on the forums like the last one?

Also interested in whether you could use the trust command to "trust all" for claim, would make it really easy to have publicly accessible community chests or farms in a subdivision, while keeping the rest of a claim off limits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm yeah.. the more I think about it the more I think it should be regulated by whitelisting people from the forum... the fact is that one who wants to join need read the rules, whatc the video ecc, if one is not on the forum then he has not read the rules and watched the video.  I'M not talking about being a forum actime member or so, simply you need to be registered and ask in a post to be whitelisted. This way we will avoid people who do not even know who gopher is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Figulus said:

Also interested in whether you could use the trust command to "trust all" for claim, would make it really easy to have publicly accessible community chests or farms in a subdivision, while keeping the rest of a claim off limits.

 

2 hours ago, luthienmpl said:

Trust all as a command for subdivisions would be convenient. I was thinking of having a kind of guest bungalow on my land for folks traveling through. Leaving it unclaimed poses the danger of some uncharitable individual claiming the guest house and the food therein for themselves. 

Quarico and I tested this:

Subdivisions of claims have permissions entirely independent of the "top level claim". You can do "/accesstrust all" which allows everyone to open doors and gates; you can also do "/containertrust all" which allows them to access your chests and animals as well. As long as you don't do "/trust all", which would allow others to build there, it's safe from griefing.

So, yes, you can make a public guest house on your property. And you can allow the public through your gates without giving them the ability to open the gates to your chicken coop and let them all out. All with the proper use of subdivisions.

(At least as far as we could tell.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cherub said:

I play from Thailand and the server is far from the worst in terms of lag and latency for servers in Europe that I've played on, so I wouldn't worry about it and you guys in NA should be fine.

I'm more worried about the terrible internet speed here in Australia.  My house doesn't even have the NBN yet so I am limited to 1mb/s or less.
Even when it does come in 25mb/s is 10-40 times slower than what they get in Europe.
Also the upload speed is apparently still going to be capped at a level so low that for example a Youtube business is impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Goatcha said:

I'm more worried about the terrible internet speed here in Australia.  My house doesn't even have the NBN yet so I am limited to 1mb/s or less.
Even when it does come in 25mb/s is 10-40 times slower than what they get in Europe.
Also the upload speed is apparently still going to be capped at a level so low that for example a Youtube business is impossible.

Speed isn't necessarily the deciding factor, but as you say you do live pretty far out. Ping and latency are the real problem.

If you can forgo Teamspeak or any other VOIP, you'll go a long way to reducing bandwidth latency. Even world data loading from the server will never exceed that kind of bandwidth. Secondly, make sure there are few devices connected to your local network. It will also definitely help to get your internet over the cable instead of WiFi.

Ping is harder if not impossible to reduce. Some people swear by VPN connections for intercontinental gaming, but I don't think that will work in most cases... unless you happen to know there are serious planning issues with the infrastructure in your area.

Edited by Tricky
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jeancly said:

@Xelphos i just thought of something. If nobody will be able to sleep when the server is live how will we able to set a spawn in case of death ?

You can still lie on a bed at night and that will set your spawn.  It just won't skip the night if you don't have more than half the people on the server sleeping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cimi said:

Can we have a plugin like this? https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/inventorysort.24457/

 

It's just to sort items in your inventory/chest. I don't think it counts as a "cheaty" plug-in since the only thing that does is keeping your inventory tidy. 

Inventory tweaks does the same thing and more, much better mod in my opinion. I agree though some type of inventory mod would be greatly appreciated. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no idea such mods were even a thing. That's why i looked on google for some server plug in. Now the only thing that's a bit worrying about Inventory tweaks is Warning: The mod can be blocked by certain servers using plugins such as NoCheatPlus. (<- found that warning when downloading the mod). I really hope xelphos will be okay with such mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just Louise said:

 

Quarico and I tested this:

Subdivisions of claims have permissions entirely independent of the "top level claim". You can do "/accesstrust all" which allows everyone to open doors and gates; you can also do "/containertrust all" which allows them to access your chests and animals as well. As long as you don't do "/trust all", which would allow others to build there, it's safe from griefing.

So, yes, you can make a public guest house on your property. And you can allow the public through your gates without giving them the ability to open the gates to your chicken coop and let them all out. All with the proper use of subdivisions.

(At least as far as we could tell.)

Lol, this was all explained in the video in the Protecting your land section. 

Don't know why the people asking the questions you just answered are not reading the main post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xelphos said:

Lol, this was all explained in the video in the Protecting your land section. 

Don't know why the people asking the questions you just answered are not reading the main post. 

Well, at least I got to feel very important running around testing things with Quarico. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Xelphos said:

Maybe I will get a quiz plugin so that people have to answer questions that are answered in the main post before they can play. 

Lol a whitelist quiz sound amazing!

I've used the land protection mod before but that video was very informative. I didn't know you could subdivide like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...