Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

"Cyberpunk 2077" It will be ready when it is ready...discussion

2 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

So we can preorder for 4-16-2020. Anyone here going to preorder?

I preordered the Collectors Edition, didn't have to pay the full price though, just a small deposit and the rest to be paid when collecting it in April next year.

9 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I'll wait and see if and when I'll be able to pre-order either the Collector's Edition or Standard Edition Retail (gunning for that map of Night City). Still only digital available in my region and I'll be able to get that anytime.

Sooo.. This 15 minutes playthrough just been shown and I'm glad I already preordered the game ! :P   It looks like it gonna be awesome and just now I am listening to the interview and what they are telling about the game sounds awesome as well !

On 6/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, Cryzeteur said:

((( NO ))) I plan to watch about 3 episodes from our fearless leader and then decide if I want to play this game. I could not finish that last Deus Ex I am worried I am over cyberpunk world games in general. We will see. Anyone here play the Grand Theft Auto series?

16 hours ago, OutandBack said:

((( NO ))) I plan to watch about 3 episodes from our fearless leader and then decide if I want to play this game. I could not finish that last Deus Ex I am worried I am over cyberpunk world games in general. We will see. Anyone here play the Grand Theft Auto series?

I am planning to do the same thing. I want to make sure the quests are interesting before I play. If the game play is just battle after battle I will leave it to Gopher. He likes combat challenges.

I do plan to  Pre-Order,  after I see the system spec.   I am hoping this will replace Skyrim as my go to game.  I do not want to watch Gopher play this and after this last preview 15 min video, I do not plan to watch anymore.  I am seeing too much and learning the quests,  I want to learn game mechanics , inventory and skilling.  

It is going to be a great game, my only concern is how long will they wait until they open it up to modding.

33 minutes ago, Flyddon said:

my only concern is how long will they wait until they open it up to modding.

Do you think they will open this to modding? Witcher 3 modding did not seem to go very far at all. I did a few fixes like remove the pick Herbs animation.

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

Do you think they will open this to modding?

At one time they said they would "fully" endorse the modding community...  that of course remains to be seen.  But I certainly hope so. 

1 hour ago, Flyddon said:

At one time they said they would "fully" endorse the modding community...  that of course remains to be seen.  But I certainly hope so. 

We will have to wait to see how different the engine is, but I expect some mods will be available the first week it is released. All you have to do is figure out how to insert new code and what the old code looks like. Early mods typically tweak stats on weapons, clothing, and character.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, Flyddon said:

I get the feeling this game kind of has one story just like Witcher 3.  I wonder if there will be the ability to go in like Skyrim and not be the Dragon Born.

Just be a guy living in a futuristic city out doing stuff.

2 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I get the feeling this game kind of has one story just like Witcher 3.  I wonder if there will be the ability to go in like Skyrim and not be the Dragon Born.

Just be a guy living in a futuristic city out doing stuff.

So the answer is yes and no. You can't change your character's name, but you can change just about everything else.

"the main character is an urban mercenary called "V." ... We have a full character creation system in the game, so you'll be able to define your gender, whether it's male or female. You'll be able to define how you look, you'll have various different body types, hairstyles, clothes, tattoos, make-ups, and many, many more. And obviously you can define your, what we're calling 'Life Path.' It's like a backstory, and the things you define in your life path, in your backstory, can modify or unlock things as you're playing through the game."

Spoiler alert on the following link:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-character-customization-cl/1100-6459779/

The fixed character name made it easier to craft character response to you so actors had just one name to worry about. As I understand it, you can role play any kind of character you wish. You are not forced to follow the main plot but can hang out fiddling around in the background ... exploring. However, that could be a challenge as there are many areas that are dangerous to an underdeveloped character. And NPCs will challenge you and give you assignments. Of course this also happens in Skyrim..

I think it will be "Skyrim Like" inthe role playing realm of things.  The Development of your character is Open, you start off as 1 of 3 different Life paths.  But from there you can mix and match skills and perks, so you don't have to be just a net-runner or Corpo you can mix the skills for any and all.  The side quests will  or should be varied in they character building,   The thing I want to learn more about  (get facts not opinion) is the different places (cities) and NPC Interaction/Romance.   As I read and watch and learn about the game it's not a FPS but more of an RPG...  At least that's how I see it.

I am excited and am looking forward to it, I will Pre-order once I fine out the system requirements.

4 hours ago, Flyddon said:

I think it will be "Skyrim Like" inthe role playing realm of things.  The Development of your character is Open, you start off as 1 of 3 different Life paths.  But from there you can mix and match skills and perks, so you don't have to be just a net-runner or Corpo you can mix the skills for any and all.  The side quests will  or should be varied in they character building,   The thing I want to learn more about  (get facts not opinion) is the different places (cities) and NPC Interaction/Romance.   As I read and watch and learn about the game it's not a FPS but more of an RPG...  At least that's how I see it.

I am excited and am looking forward to it, I will Pre-order once I fine out the system requirements.

CDPR said that it should play on any high end PC. I believe they mentioned a minimum requirement of GTX 1060 for the best experience but lesser systems should be alright. I have 8 GB RAM and I think they recommended 16 GB RAM. I also understand it is a big game. I think they said the system must be 64-bit and 3 GHz for best results. There was a system test but I don't know if it is still available and I don't know if it was just a Beta test, or even official, that has now been taken down, I think. I got directed to it somehow, but it may have been through friends.

Edited by Cryzeteur

1 hour ago, Cryzeteur said:

CDPR said that it should play on any high end PC.

See that's the whole thing, they said to enjoy Ray Tracing you need a RTX video card.  Others have said any card with 8 or more GB should be ok...  I want to rebuild my system but I don't want to waste money  I have a GTX 1080Ti with 11GB and I don't care much about Ray Tracing effect, so I should be good with it.   It's all this "it should be ok"  , "That would work "  well hell GTX 970 should work.  So I am just going to wait until first or the year, that's when they said they would release system spec.

47 minutes ago, Flyddon said:

See that's the whole thing, they said to enjoy Ray Tracing you need a RTX video card.  Others have said any card with 8 or more GB should be ok...  I want to rebuild my system but I don't want to waste money  I have a GTX 1080Ti with 11GB and I don't care much about Ray Tracing effect, so I should be good with it.   It's all this "it should be ok"  , "That would work "  well hell GTX 970 should work.  So I am just going to wait until first or the year, that's when they said they would release system spec.

You are correct. They said that anything less than a 1080 would probably not be optimal. However they also said they were not really sure because they were still optimizing the engine. They recently recommended an RTX but I don't know if that was strictly because of ray tracing or performance. 

Well, it doesn't really matter to me. I want to see the final product in action before I do anything.

11 hours ago, Flyddon said:

If I owned a GTX 1080Ti I would not upgrade it. I just bought a RTX 2080 Titan I only have one game you can turn ray tracing on Metro and to be honest the picture is not any better. frame rate is steady with all games setting set to ultra.

Oh one other thing RTX cards a locked at 60fps even if you have a 144hz monitor  It does have a 4K 60fps setting i don't really understand why. If I turn v sync off I still get 200-300fps in many locations. I need to test this card on the Witcher 3 with hair works turned on.

3 hours ago, OutandBack said:

If I owned a GTX 1080Ti I would not upgrade it. I just bought a RTX 2080 Titan I only have one game you can turn ray tracing on Metro and to be honest the picture is not any better. frame rate is steady with all games setting set to ultra.

Oh one other thing RTX cards a locked at 60fps even if you have a 144hz monitor  It does have a 4K 60fps setting i don't really understand why. If I turn v sync off I still get 200-300fps in many locations. I need to test this card on the Witcher 3 with hair works turned on.

Totally agree... I have a 1080 but I am not using it because my old 980 works fine on Skyrim, Witcher, and Fallout 4 (and Fallout76)...

The reason I am not using the 1080 is because I haven't set up that computer yet and I still have to buy a couple of things for it.

[My number 1 rule when buying anything: I never pre-order]

I pre-ordered the sucker today.

I just like what I've seen and heard so far about the game. I am confident it will be a game I won't skip in this lifetime.

I also have faith in CDPR's game optimization. My 2009 built PC sporting a 2007 CPU – the Q6600, overclocked to 3,2 GHz – with a GTX 750Ti can run The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at a playable FPS of 40-50-ish. I had been holding off playing that game for some time but never really tried to run the game until recently. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! :D I am also sad I can't play it now due to a life transition/moving but no biggie. I plan on buying a new PC come spring-time anyway. Should have my ducks in a row by then. Whatever I'll be buying will be new so I'm not worried.