Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

"Cyberpunk 2077" It will be ready when it is ready...discussion

2 hours ago, OutandBack said:

Wow about half of the air just escaped my balloon on this info. I was really hoping for W3 delux in 1st or 3rd person.

Oh well this just means I will not be pre ordering and will wait for LP reviews from YTer I trust.

The proof will be in watching their game play not what they say because who would dares slam CDPR after W3.

15 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Yes it is multiplayer. CDProjekt has promised not to nerf single player RPG. So, theoretically you can play either way. There has been some chat about the game play being primarily single player. Apparently CDProjekt began the design as single player and then modified the entire world for multiplayer. The devs have stated that the game engine was not suitable for multiplayer so they had to rebuild the entire engine to allow multiplayer. They have promised that players will only see a few other players... primarily only the group they are playing with. All other players will be invisible. I have no idea how they are going to make this work.

I assume that the game is basically single player with interfaces to something like a cloud space (servers?) where multiplayers interact.

If this works out it should still be enjoyable as a single player game though.  guess all we can do is wait and see what happening with it. gopherVaultStiv

5 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

If this works out it should still be enjoyable as a single player game though.  guess all we can do is wait and see what happening with it. gopherVaultStiv

I'm just thinking about how one can get immersed in this new cyberPunk game world with a bunch of randoms jumping around like rabbits.  You know like ES online.

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

I'm just thinking about how one can get immersed in this new cyberPunk game world with a bunch of randoms jumping around like rabbits.  You know like ES online.

The producer specifically mentioned that this will not happen.

1 hour ago, Cryzeteur said:

The producer specifically mentioned that this will not happen.

Exactly. I will probably play it alone. The multilyer should be in like an option. It should not matter at all iv you want single player ( they say)

I played FFO Alpha, FFO Beta, FFO, ESO Alpha, ESO Beta, and ESO, Destiny Beta, Destiny, No Man's Sky and a couple of other multiplayer and really am quite tired of them.

They are exciting when you have a good group but groups fall apart quickly. I definitely prefer single player.

I did my share of jumping up and down on top of flag poles to look silly.

Edited by Cryzeteur

I guess my biggest concern is when someone tried to please everyone(SP, MP) usually the game becomes watered down and no one ends up happy.

Lots of wasted energy in the areas of the game you are not interested in. Which in most cases cuts the total game play time for both groups.

I just wished they would have decided to be an ESO or Skyrim not both.

10 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I guess my biggest concern is when someone tried to please everyone(SP, MP) usually the game becomes watered down and no one ends up happy.

Lots of wasted energy in the areas of the game you are not interested in. Which in most cases cuts the total game play time for both groups.

I just wished they would have decided to be an ESO or Skyrim not both.

On this I have to agree with you. Let's hope the quality stays high

It seems CDPR has confirmed that they will have a minigame environment in the HUB where multiplayer interactions will take place and it will be necessary to accomplish some goals in the HUB in order to progress in the game.

Kicińsk said, i"Online is necessary, or very recommended if you wish to achieve a long-term success. At some point, we have mentioned that there will be a certain online element related to Cyberpunk. ... “Outside of our main source of income, meaning big games, [Gwent] is building a stable source of income,” Kiciński said. “And in the future, one can imagine a lot of connections between big games and service type games. One has to acknowledge that—it is obvious.”"

Statements suggest the studio created the Gwent online experience to test features they want to use in Cyberpunk 2077 HUB games. It has also been stated that these games will "blow you away." 

http://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-include-online-elements-to-ensure-long-term-success-says-cd-projekt/

http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-we-know-about-cyberpunk-2077/

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-online-multiplayer-success/undefined

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-online-multiplayer-success/undefined

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/cd-projekt-exec-confirms-a-major-feature-for-cyberpunk-2077/

Edited by Cryzeteur

20 minutes ago, jeancly said:

not liking the sound of this... not liking it at all

IDK. It is still very vague but EA style service type game interactions could be bad. They have made it clear that they intend to exploit the money-making potential of Cyberpunk 2077 because the want to make an enormous amount of money. He talks about the importance of a big buffer in the bank to support new developments because he is afraid some new directions will fail. In one sense this is reasonable and probably necessary to produce the dream games of the future. They are exploring new territory in gaming and there is tremendous risk. They want the HUB to be amazing and an experience players will want to experience but IDK about being asked to pay real money for GWENT type power cards. But the emphasis seems to be GOG. They want GOG to rival Steam. Those are big plans. But GOG interactions within Cyberpunk 2077 create a picture that is very worrisome.

The EA service model is ... IDK. In June 2011, EA launched Origin, an online service to sell downloadable games directly to consumers. This is apparently the service model Kicinski is referring to. But if all they are doing is producing DLCs and making them available on GOG then I would be alright with that.

Witcher 3 DLCs are well worth the money.

Edited by Cryzeteur

13 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

IDK. It is still very vague but EA style service type game interactions could be bad. They have made it clear that they intend to exploit the money-making potential of Cyberpunk 2077 because the want to make an enormous amount of money. He talks about the importance of a big buffer in the bank to support new developments because he is afraid some new directions will fail. In one sense this is reasonable and probably necessary to produce the dream games of the future. They are exploring new territory in gaming and there is tremendous risk. They want the HUB to be amazing and an experience players will want to experience but IDK about being asked to pay real money for GWENT type power cards. But the emphasis seems to be GOG. They want GOG to rival Steam. Those are big plans. But GOG interactions within Cyberpunk 2077 create a picture that is very worrisome.

The EA service model is ... IDK. In June 2011, EA launched Origin, an online service to sell downloadable games directly to consumers. This is apparently the service model Kicinski is referring to. But if all they are doing is producing DLCs and making them available on GOG then I would be alright with that.

Witcher 3 DLCs are well worth the money.

exactly, i totally get the desire to make money as indeed they need to create a " insurance ". But for the love of god don't destroy your godly good pr... don't mess with bs like microtransactions and such....

2 minutes ago, jeancly said:

exactly, i totally get the desire to make money as indeed they need to create a " insurance ". But for the love of god don't destroy your godly good pr... don't mess with bs like microtransactions and such....

I am seeing your character running up to a door in Cyberpunk 2077 and trying to open it because there is a rumor of something amazing beyond the door and when you activate the door you get a screen... "To open this door you need to purchase the DLC Beyond the Red Door click link to enter the GOG Store."

:P

Just now, Cryzeteur said:

I am seeing your character running up to a door in Cyberpunk 2077 and trying to open it because there is a rumor of something amazing beyond the door and when you activate the door you get a screen... "To open this door you need to purchase the DLC Beyond the Red Door click link to enter the GOG Store."

:P

yeah lol. No but really... pls do not screw this up.... they have an insanely good reputation right now, if they deal it right they can make a ton of money. if they screw it up with microtransactions and such the backlash could be teerible bringing to horrible sales

6 minutes ago, jeancly said:

yeah lol. No but really... pls do not screw this up.... they have an insanely good reputation right now, if they deal it right they can make a ton of money. if they screw it up with microtransactions and such the backlash could be teerible bringing to horrible sales

Totally agree. And Gwent has annoying microtransactions to buy kegs. You can grind forever and get new kegs but if you want to win games you need to keep shelling out money. That is why I quit playing Gwent. But this did not bother many players and Gwent is still immensely popular. :P

If you just play Gwent for fun you can do so by playing newbies. Or return to Witcher 3 where Gwent is actually more fun.

The problem is that it is easy to get caught up in the Gwent Online challenge.

Edited by Cryzeteur

3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Totally agree. And Gwent has annoying microtransactions to buy kegs. You can grind forever and get new kegs but if you want to win games you need to keep shelling out money. That is why I quit playing Gwent. But this did not bother many players and Gwent is still immensely popular. :P

If you just play Gwent for fun you can do so by playing newbies. Or return to Witcher 3 where Gwent is actually more fun.

The problem is that it is easy to get caught up in the Gwent Online challenge.

indeed but at least gwent is free. So honestly it is pretty legit imo. Microtransactions on full price game are never legit imo. Never

2 hours ago, jeancly said:

indeed but at least gwent is free. So honestly it is pretty legit imo. Microtransactions on full price game are never legit imo. Never

Good point. But I don't think CDPR is putting micortransactions in the HUB to force players to buy or lose. I suspect it will be buried in some way so that players who don't want to play won't have to.

They are stressing competition with Steam and Steam is not overly intrusive.

Edited by Cryzeteur

8 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Good point. But I don't think CDPR is putting micortransactions in the HUB to force players to buy or lose. I suspect it will be buried in some way so that players who don't want to play won't have to.

They are stressing competition with Steam and Steam is not overly intrusive.

let's hope. 

On 11/16/2017 at 8:20 AM, Cryzeteur said:

snip...

Wow so Gwent standalone is popular? I could not get into it. It's like they made it harder than W3 Gwent, which I love,  for no reason than just because and since none of the LPers I follow stream or YT it I just assumed it flopped.

38 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

Wow so Gwent standalone is popular? I could not get into it. It's like they made it harder than W3 Gwent, which I love,  for no reason than just because and since none of the LPers I follow stream or YT it I just assumed it flopped.

Almost all news on Gwent is on the GOG site. They have frequent tournaments... or maybe a continuing tournament since I have never seen any real break in the tournament schedule. CDPR and reviewers have stated over and over that Gwent is making an unexpected amount of money for CDPR and enthusiasm has far exceeded expectations.

CDPR is getting ready to release a major upgrade or change in Gwent in 2018.

Edited by Cryzeteur

10 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Almost all news on Gwent is on the GOG site. They have frequent tournaments... or maybe a continuing tournament since I have never seen any real break in the tournament schedule. CDPR and reviewers have stated over and over that Gwent is making an unexpected amount of money for CDPR and enthusiasm has far exceeded expectations.

I am really glad Gwent standalone has a following and CDPR is making money even if the game was not for me. I have GOG Galaxy uninstalled right now.

It bugs me when things load on my gaming PC (overhead) that I don't want or need if I am not playing the the game requiring it. 

Big changes that sound interesting I might look into it next year.

44 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

I honestly believe that the reception for the Gwent stand-alone, and the "micro-transactions" that are with it, was so positive mostly in part due to the honest good will and passion that was put into making The Witcher 3 the best game they could possibly make it to be (with out any attempt to shark gamers out of more money i.e. all of those dlc mini-packs.)

1 hour ago, jeancly said:

Yeah, hopefully they will keep this " promise" i really hope. It makes me hope for the better though

Because of microtransactions, EA stock took a significant hit and devs around the world took notice. CDPR immediately put out their statement. EA completely ceased microtransactions and said they will bring them back into their games at a later date when they figure out how to do it right.