Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

"Cyberpunk 2077" It will be ready when it is ready...discussion

16 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I am sick of fan noise I want water cooled this next time around. I just hope the heat exchanger fans are quiet. If you decide to get rid of your 980ti I'd be interested if the price was good. Keep me in mind.

My power supply crashed last week... broken fan... and the new one is very quiet. My main fans still whir but the whole thing is much quieter.

8 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I've got flipping fans everywhere.

3 on top 2 on bottom, 3 on the video card 2 on the processor 1 on the pwr supply 1 out the back. I must get huricane winds inside this case...haha

14809002907_a6cf749ef5_c.jpg

You have such a pretty clean computer. Mine is pretty gnarley. Lots of dust in clumps that I can't blow out and can't pick out. Probably ten years of grease from cooking have settled in the dust. As for fans? I think you have the same fans I have. Lots of fans make a lot of "whir!" 

34 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

You have such a pretty clean computer.

I was thinking the same thing, he must either not play much  or live in a clean room.   Also a good way to blow out a computer is with a leaf blower!  lay a towel down on your drive way or garage floor, open the computer  (remove the side panel) lay the computer on it's side and blow away , don't get to close some leaf blowers have enough force to blow the computer away.

I do mine about twice a year.

On 3/12/2018 at 6:07 AM, Cryzeteur said:

You have such a pretty clean computer. Mine is pretty gnarley. Lots of dust in clumps that I can't blow out and can't pick out. Probably ten years of grease from cooking have settled in the dust. As for fans? I think you have the same fans I have. Lots of fans make a lot of "whir!" 

The pict was taken on build day just before closing the cast and firing it up.

CDPR has finally spilled the beans:

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2018/03/23/cyberpunk-2077-witcher-cd-projekt-red-reveal-e3-2018/

These stories are repeats with different emphasis:

https://www.techspot.com/news/73851-new-cyberpunk-2077-details-no-multiplayer-launch-technologically.html

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-no-multiplayer-launch/

And the OTHER AAA RPG to be released by 2021:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2018/03/24/cd-projekt-red-plans-a-second-triple-a-rpg-in-addition-to-cyberpunk-2077-by-2021/#58ef1a8f69ed

This new game is rumored to be set in the Witcher Universe but is not focused on a main character ... no Geralt. It allows the player to choose the player class and "race." You may be a warrior, mage, thief, or other classes. It is a completely new kind of Witcher game with completely new history and back-story. It is expected to be bigger than Witcher 3, designed to run on next-gen equipment, with about 100 main quests and 200 side quests. Some quest are supposedly class specific so depending on your class you cannot do certain quests or play certain parts of the story. It is even rumored that the main quest line will be different depending on the player's choices so every play-through will be different. This could mean an additional 100 quests that are class and choice specific. And NPCs will respond correctly to the player depending on what the player has done in the game.

The only way I can figure they can do this is if they use conversation bits, where the conversations are not mapped out but compiled from these bits as the story changes. Voice actors would still have to record a lot of dialogue.

Edited by Cryzeteur

The latest info is that CDPR will have the reveal of Cyberpunk 2077 BEFORE E3! Possibly the week before E3.

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-character-creation-classes/

Here is the latest from Mike Pondsmith:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/28/cyberpunk-2077-factions-classes-roles-world-lore/

Edited by Cryzeteur

2 hours ago, jeancly said:

hype ! FOR ABOUT A YEAR !

True. Too true. Are good things really worth waiting for? 

It seems when things get over-hyped they are always a disappointment. :P

And... release is still 9 months away.... 9 months.... I guess E3 is where CDPR has her prom date and game release is birth of the child... :)

When we finally get hands on the game it will be drooling and crying... :P

But still lovable...gopherVaultStiv

Edited by Cryzeteur

21 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

And... release is still 9 months away.... 9 months.... I guess E3 is where CDPR has her prom date and game release is birth of the child... :)

UNLESS they will do a " it will be released next month " move XD ( doubt it xD )

22 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

My biggest concern right now is I hope I still love cyperpunk worlds by the time the game comes out. I have loved cyberpunk world since the original Perfect Dark.

I was so hyped on that last DeusEX and I just could not get into the game at all I was so bummed and only made it about 1/4 of the way thru before telling steam to remove it from my SSD.

18 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

My biggest concern right now is I hope I still love cyperpunk worlds by the time the game comes out. I have loved cyberpunk world since the original Perfect Dark.

I was so hyped on that last DeusEX and I just could not get into the game at all I was so bummed and only made it about 1/4 of the way thru before telling steam to remove it from my SSD.

mmmm true... i LOVED human revolution, and while mankind devided was cool for me i liked it way less. Honestly i will buy cyberpunk at reelease because it is CD project red.

17 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

Not to derail the thread but don't like the sound of that.  Is Deus Ex Mankind Divided that "bad" ??  I just started playing Deus Ex Human Revolution and so far liking it, and planning doing MD after.

And to keep on track, definitely looking forward to CyberPunk 2077 when it coming out.  Loved the Witcher series and although it be a different setting with this game I be most likely preordering it as soon as it is available in GOG or Steam.

Just now, jeancly said:

mmmm true... i LOVED human revolution, and while mankind devided was cool for me i liked it way less. Honestly i will buy cyberpunk at reelease because it is CD project red.

I will also buy on release day for the same reason. I have to hope CDPR has worked their magic in telling the story of Cyberpunk2077.

I read the Witcher books and did not find them interesting at all. But the story CDPR told in the 3 Witcher games was fantastic.

3 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

I got hooked on steam punk way back and so I was already hooked when sci-fi authors created the beginnings of cyberpunk. I have not played Perfect Dark... in fact never heard of it... and actually have only played the little steam punk/cyberpunk that is found in Final Fantasy.

I tried several games that I thought sounded in the genre but was disappointed. I did try DeusEX and like you could not get into it.

I still like FF but I do not like the subscription fee on FFO.

Steam Punk obviously uses steam as the main power of everything... often in impossible and magical ways. Cyberpunk still uses impossible devices in Rube Goldberg systems. Back To The Future is what I consider traditional cyberpunk. Some other Disney movies carried over from Mickey Mouse steam punk (Steamboat Wiley) into cyberpunk (How To Build A Better Boy). And of course there is Weird Science which was more magical and less steampunk. Even Ghostbusters could be put in the cyberpunk category. Impossible Rube Goldberg machines run by future science. So the origins of cyberpunk are really diverse.

Mike Pondsmith applied the idea to something more like The Matrix. What he came up with has become the modern definition of cyberpunk, but it has lost a lot of the original steampunk "magic." Hopefully CDPR can pull this off.

Cyberpunk 2077 is obviously rooted in a basic realism extending our world into the near future. Totally different.

I will look at Perfect Dark.

The Mad Queen gives a very good description of the Cyberpunk 2077 world and character classes. It is worth noting that the Mad Queen has access to a lot of information from CDPR that she has agreed to not reveal. Gopher is undoubtedly silenced by similar agreements. When CDPR presents info at E3 there will undoubtedly be a lot of info that is shown but not released. For example, the participants will undoubtedly see early game play and may play an alpha demo but that video will probably not be released. Alpha and Beta testers will undoubtedly also be bound by non-disclosure agreements. The reason is because game changes would make such early material misleading.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0G5rpOFcY6pOdtKsCE0p2A

Other news in the Cyberpunk world is old news. Many mainstream confirmations and repeats of info already discussed here.

NEW WITCHER GAME

The speculation begins on what the next Witcher game is going to be when it is released in 2021. Aside from it being a next-gen game with open world where you create your own player protagonist in the Witcher fantasy universe, CDPR is not saying much ... or trying to not say much ... but couching comments in so much hedging that they say more than they intended. Considering the depth and breadth of the Witcher universe CDPR has a lot to play with in the already established lore and could take the new game way down the Rabbit Hole. It could have everything from Daedric-like demonology to Alice-In-Wonderland nonsense and insanity. I suspect it will have many horror features in a dark medieval landscape dotted with bright festivals, strange magics, flowery fields, snowy mountains, and foggy swamps.. One thing is sure, they will draw on Polish folk-tales for many of the quests which will feel a lot like adult and dark versions of old fairy tales.  

Edited by Cryzeteur

Something I missed. It is so clever that it is worth mentioning.

And the Mad Queen has an excellent video on the world space

And, some may know that Militech is an actual corporation today...

MadQueen is at it again with a very good explanation of body sculpting in Cyberpunk 2077. If you thought the Cyberpunk world sounded weird before you will be convinced it will be more than just weird after watching this...

Nothing new, except another stockholder update, but the mainstream media is continuing to publish info that has been on here for a very long time...

https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-announced-soon/

6 weeks will go by fast...   :D

Curiously... What does this mean?... It seems changes are being made at CDPR and are yet incomplete...

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/cyberpunk/fan-art/10196202-madqueen-show-cyberpunk-2077-data-videos-unofficial/page2

BUT... rumors are ridiculous... so don't believe everything you hear. Madqueen sets it right:

Edited by Cryzeteur

8 hours ago, Master Cire said:

With CDPR's rep, I would never trust mainstream media when it comes to their content. Just watching the Gopher Witcher 3 trip video shows what they're really about.

What the composer is saying is that he wrote the Witcher music, then wrote the music for Seven, and is now writing the music for Cyberpunk 2077, and that there is an evolution from Witcher, through Seven to the new score. This is hardly surprising. Every composer works like this.

It is more interesting that he is also influenced by Hard-Folk that Percival has been doing and also by Vangelis. 

Then he said they are using a lot of synthesizer sounds so the total result is sort of a synthesized Hard-Folk. Then you modify it with White-Noise-Rock and you get NOT Blade Runner but something like a futuristic hard-noise-synthesizer rock version of Blade Runner. As they promised it is a new genre of music. Might sound like a robotic city trying to make music.

Edited by Cryzeteur