Jump to content
Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

"Cyberpunk 2077" It will be ready when it is ready...discussion

Recommended Posts

What we know so far...

Cyberpunk 2077 is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by CD Projekt RED and published by CD Projekt. Wikipedia
 
Genre: Role-playing video game
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this time I'll just phone it in and watch the inevitable Gopher lets play rather than buying it only for it to sit on my HD.  I like CD Projekt and I'd like to support them, but their games just don't seem to be for me.  More power to em though, hope the game's a success like the Witchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a lot of comparisions with Deus Ex a cyberpunk-themed action role-playing stealth video game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix.

I hope it is not. Also why would Eidos or Square Enix allow this?

I know some here just loved the old Deus Ex. I tried HR:DC several times but it just did not click with me. I'd get 1/4 way thru and just lose interest.

I watched several LPers play the new Mankind Divided and it just did not grab me I think it was the third-person cover system. The game felt like 2009 not 2016

I want Cyberpunk to be something very different....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cyberpunk IP is from waaay before Deux Ex to be honest, original tabletop roleplaying game based on the cyberpunk IP was cyberpunk 2013, released in 1988. So there is no way Eidos or Square Enix could do anything about this game.

I suggest reading up on cyberpunk 2013, cyberpunk 2020 and cyberpunk V3 roleplaying systems if you want an idea of what we can expect in regards to setting and general feel of the world.. Obviously CD project red will take some liberties, but it should give a decent impression of the cyberpunk setting.

Rock on fellow rockerboys! 
Just dropping dis here to rock out to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Drunk N' Deadly said:

The cyberpunk IP is from waaay before Deux Ex to be honest, original tabletop roleplaying game based on the cyberpunk IP was cyberpunk 2013, released in 1988. So there is no way Eidos or Square Enix could do anything about this game.

I suggest reading up on cyberpunk 2013, cyberpunk 2020 and cyberpunk V3 roleplaying systems if you want an idea of what we can expect in regards to setting and general feel of the world.. Obviously CD project red will take some liberties, but it should give a decent impression of the cyberpunk setting.
 

 

So I have been doing a bit of googling and youtube searching....OMG

Do you really think CDPR will be bring this game out as a tabletop / turn base game simular to xcom?

After playing all the Witcher games I have a hunch CDPR is going to pull a Bethesda on Cyberpunk. In other words 1st/3rd person game play and no turn base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I don't think they will make it like a turn based game, I am just talking about the setting, not the gameplay..
I do expect an action RPG similar to the witcher, skyrim and so on.

I just wanted to you know throw some information about how to find out about the kind of world the game will be in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drunk N' Deadly said:

No I don't think they will make it like a turn based game, I am just talking about the setting, not the gameplay..
I do expect an action RPG similar to the witcher, skyrim and so on.

I just wanted to you know throw some information about how to find out about the kind of world the game will be in.

And I thank you for that. I knew nothing about this games past. The leads you have given me is getting me up to speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deus Ex was a brilliant game, but Ion Storm / Edios [the original game devs] didn't own the genre or term "cyberpunk" in fact nobody does, that would be like bethesda going after everyone that makes a rpg with spells and swords in it.hehe not gonna happen.

 

Based off how massively impressive The Witcher 3: has been including how much we got in the DLC expansions; it's actually now taken the top spot in my all time favourite games list. I simply think it has been the best stand alone game I've ever played.

Coming from that point of view and how much I tend to enjoy what is now called "cyberpunk", l was reading 2000AD when it launched in the mid 70's and with story lines coming from it like Judge Dredd, Jonny Alpha, Rogue Trooper stories and worlds you could easily class as cyberpunk.

 

I'm pretty excited about CDPR making any new game, making a new game based in a genre I happen to really enjoy oh yeah, would I pre-order it ?

If it was bethsofta making it, nope I'd wait for goty on steam special offer, but as it's CDPR then yes I'll take a chance they are unlikely to blow it.

Was Witcher 3 lightning in a bottle ? that is something that would be near impossible to repeat the success of ? The "I didn't do it" Boy.

Hard to say, even die hard Beatles fans admit, the Beatles released a few bummers in their time.

But I'll take that chance with CDPR.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forwards to Cyberpunk 2077, what I've seen of it is looking pretty good already and with CD Projekt RED behind it I'm reasonable sure it will at the very least be a game worth playing.  As far as it's release date goes, Personally I think all game devs should go on a 'We'll release it when it's finished' basis and not have to rush to meet a release date set by a publisher, it would almost certainly mean less games that need multiple patches to actually get them working properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TiDinzeo said:

I'm looking forwards to Cyberpunk 2077, what I've seen of it is looking pretty good already and with CD Projekt RED behind it I'm reasonable sure it will at the very least be a game worth playing.  As far as it's release date goes, Personally I think all game devs should go on a 'We'll release it when it's finished' basis and not have to rush to meet a release date set by a publisher, it would almost certainly mean less games that need multiple patches to actually get them working properly.

Duke Nukem Forever :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Drunk N' Deadly said:

No I don't think they will make it like a turn based game, I am just talking about the setting, not the gameplay..
I do expect an action RPG similar to the witcher, skyrim and so on.

I just wanted to you know throw some information about how to find out about the kind of world the game will be in.

You are correct. The devs say it is 1st/3rd person, and not turn based.

 

7 hours ago, jeancly said:

Well the fact is this... I trust cd project red xD after the witcher 3 they are the only producer company I trust xD so I have no worries.

The devs have also said the team working on this is BIGGER than Witcher 3! They are improving the Witcher 3 engine. The creator of the Cyberpunk world is working with them and his explanation of what they are doing is mind blowing. Even a little scary.

6 hours ago, TiDinzeo said:

I'm looking forwards to Cyberpunk 2077, what I've seen of it is looking pretty good already and with CD Projekt RED behind it I'm reasonable sure it will at the very least be a game worth playing.  As far as it's release date goes, Personally I think all game devs should go on a 'We'll release it when it's finished' basis and not have to rush to meet a release date set by a publisher, it would almost certainly mean less games that need multiple patches to actually get them working properly.

The release date of 2018 to 2023 is crazy. They have this gigantic team working on it. They are risking their entire company on this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

You are correct. The devs say it is 1st/3rd person, and not turn based.

 

The devs have also said the team working on this is BIGGER than Witcher 3! They are improving the Witcher 3 engine. The creator of the Cyberpunk world is working with them and his explanation of what they are doing is mind blowing. Even a little scary.

The release date of 2018 to 2023 is crazy. They have this gigantic team working on it. They are risking their entire company on this game.

You mean kind of like they were with The Witcher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

snip...

The release date of 2018 to 2023 is crazy. They have this gigantic team working on it. They are risking their entire company on this game.

As far as I can tell you are the only one stating this release date timeframe. Please post your source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

As far as I can tell you are the only one stating this release date timeframe. Please post your source.

I think that the fact is that there is no way it is in the 2017 as they didn't say a thing, 2023 as if it is later cD project red i's going to go bankrupt before releasing it ahahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

As far as I can tell you are the only one stating this release date timeframe. Please post your source.

Spoiler

tumblr_nlmxv6IU1W1u9hax9o1_500.gif

I will, but you won't be happy with this - in the article about the CD Projekt Red's future[PL] CD-Action mentions a conference where Cyberpunk 2077 was presented on a slide titled "Plans for 2017-2021," although Adam Badowski, the CD Projekt's board member, claims the "release really isn't that far," thus dementing a gossip about Cyberpunk 2077 coming this Christmas. 

29 minutes ago, jeancly said:

I think that the fact is that there is no way it is in the 2017 as they didn't say a thing, 2023 as if it is later CD Projekt Red i's going to go bankrupt before releasing it ahahah

Spoiler

tthpnHa.gif

Maybe, but at the very same conference another AAA RPG release was mentioned without giving any further detail. Additionally, "the most important series will be supplemented by other products and media while the old games will remain intensively marketed."

Edited by Gorzkiewski
Extending the answer accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×