Gopher's Minions

So Deus Ex Mankind Divided is finally out and I have a blast playing it. I played 5 hours so far and didn't really progress. I just walk around and explore things, it's alot of fun. I hope Gopher considers this Game to be one of his future Let's Plays. I think this Game would be perfect for his type of Let's Play. 

EDIT: I finished the Game yesterday and I'm a bit disappointed. The Game and the Story wasn't bad, I just thought it would go in a different direction.

Spoiler

Either they are Setting up a third Game where the Story around Adam Jensen will conclude, or they will continue with some of the Story shown in the End with DLCs. I hope it's the first and that the DLCs really are just extra content. But I have a lot of Exploration to do. I don't know if this Game really has only one Boss, or I skipped some because I'm a good talker or found another way. 

What I really like are the choices. At some Points you can decide which way you go with Mission that changes a bit of the Game. You can also not Kill the Endboss (or any Boss). I went for the Pacifist Achievment and I didn't get it because I killed the Boss. I'm a bit surprised and happy to see that. That also means you can Play this Game without EVER using a lethal Weapon. 

Overall I give this Game a 8/10. I like the changes they made from Human Revolution. The Gameplay is familiar but the changes made it "new" and interesting. I played on "Give me Deus Ex" Difficulty (The second hardest) and at some Points it was really hard to get pass some enemies. But that always depends on your Augs.

PS: If you play this Game and you are near the End 

Spoiler

London

then make sure you have a little bit of extra Time. You can't skip the Credits and something very important will happen. Also you see some funny Pictures of the Dev Team :P

Edited by Yinj
Finished the Game

4 hours ago, Yinj said:

So Deus Ex Mankind Divided is finally out and I have a blast playing it. I played 5 hours so far and didn't really progress. I just walk around and explore things, it's alot of fun. I hope Gopher considers this Game to be one of his future Let's Plays. I think this Game would be perfect for his type of Let's Play. 

playing right now for the first time at human revolution. LOVING IT. i'm also playing at enderal so i will finish in a bit XD next is mankind devided but i don't feel to spend all that money so i will wait for a huge discount in the future XD 

32 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

So it is worth paying full price for it? Or wait for the next Steam sale? Also do you think a 980 can run this game at 1080p fairly well?

the raccomanded specs are 970, sooo i think that at 1080 you can max it.

I think it's worth the full price. But I can't decide that for someone else. 

I have a 3570K, 16GB RAM and a 780TI. Here my Settings:

1pS1sDX.jpgxDW33dH.jpg

I have 50-80 FPS. Depending on the Situation. I followed the advice given here http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190793

Edited by Yinj

I totally loved the original Deus Ex game. Human Revolution was ok, but from what I heard Mankind Divided should have fixed a lot of my issues with HR.
I'm kinda scared that my expectations are too high so that I'll automatically dislike it when compared to that pedestal image of the original.

I hope I can soon let go of that fear and try it out. I think it'd be a great let's play game for Gopher, but I hope he'll wait with that until I managed to play it myself ;).

Edit: If it's anywhere in between the original game and Human Revolution, it's worth the asking price several times over.

Edited by Jognt

33 minutes ago, Jognt said:

I totally loved the original Deus Ex game. Human Revolution was ok, but from what I heard Mankind Divided should have fixed a lot of my issues with HR.
I'm kinda scared that my expectations are too high so that I'll automatically dislike it when compared to that pedestal image of the original.

I hope I can soon let go of that fear and try it out. I think it'd be a great let's play game for Gopher, but I hope he'll wait with that until I managed to play it myself ;).

Edit: If it's anywhere in between the original game and Human Revolution, it's worth the asking price several times over.

i hope it is cool, but not feeling to spend that much money on any game honestly XD will wait even 1 year xD 

The best thing about this Game are the Reviews on Steam. So many mad People because you can buy Credits and Praxis Kits for Real Money. :D Who cares? It's a Singleplayer Game.

18 minutes ago, Yinj said:

The best thing about this Game are the Reviews on Steam. So many mad People because you can buy Credits and Praxis Kits for Real Money. :D Who cares? It's a Singleplayer Game.

well indeed it doesn't matter, unless the game isn't balanced well and you need those xtra credits. Also because being so it will be impossible to mod and also because it is a really bad behaviour of the producer

18 minutes ago, Yinj said:

I think the fear is that the progression in game may have been altered so that it's much more likely or even necessary to buy credits and praxis kits for real money.  Personally I don't think they'll have done that, but it's not an unjustified concern as there are absolutely some publishers who would do exactly that.

So far, it's not necessary. You get every 5k Exp a Praxis Kit. Just like Human Revolution. The only thing I hope they fix is, that some of the DLCs that give you extra Weapons are Save Game related and you can have them in only one Save Game. That Sucks and they should Fix that.

Yeah, I had not heard about that, surprised The Know / Machinima / ETC News /  Cynical Brit hasn't busted this wide open. I'm gonna stay far away from it for now, until it's either dirt cheap or that stuff gets removed/explained reasonably.

I don't really see a problem with the Microtransactions for Praxis Kits and Credits. I don't need it so I don't buy it. If someone feels he needs it and doesn't want to use any Cheats, he buys it. I think Microtransactions in Multiplayer Games that give you an advantege over others are a real Problem. As I said before, the only thing the should get fixed, are the Weapon DLCs. I don't use them either but have them since I bought the Deluxe Edition. That's really stupid with one Save Game only.

While microtransactions don't have to be bad, they are a pretty big red exclamation mark to pay attention to.. :/
I'll watch from the sidelines and see how it evolves :).

In the meantime I think I saw Steam say Gopher already owns it, so maybe if it's LP-worthy we'll see it on the channel some day!

Edited by Jognt

17 hours ago, Morrandir said:

pay for stuff in a single player game that you can use only on a single save?

who came up with that bright idea?

Someone who likes money :)

I've never played the Deus Ex games, though I've heard nothing but raves about them.  Sounds like the kind of game I'd be into.  Dammit, too many good games coming out :)

Hello everyone,

I'm very interested in this game and like a lot the universe and the subjects they are covering with it. I actually thought Human Revolution made a good job of pointing out real world issues without being heavy about it. I read somewhere that Mankind Divided, although covering the same themes as HR, was actually failing short of delivering a significant message or raising interest of these issues in the player. My question is, would you agree with this (without spoilers if possible ^_^)?

I always enjoy more my games when they actually bring a new perspective by experiencing it through the medium, totally different than a book or a movie. I'm almost sure I'll enjoy either way the game as I already liked HR ^^

I don't agree with it. The whole Theme of this Games is Augs vs Non-Augs. You see it left and right and you can experience it. But Adam tries to focus more on the problems behind the obvious problems. ;)