Gopher's Minions
Spaceii

Issues With SKSE PLEASE HELP

I'm new to Skyrim modding, and after playing the game for a good 3 years I decided to start changing my playing experience. I found Gopher's videos very helpful, and began modding. I have run into many problems, and have reverted my Skyrim back to vanilla to attempt again at modding. Now, I am encountering issues with SKSE, and even after following Gopher's great tutorial on it  I am still puzzled as to why it wont work. I tried installing SkyUI and it says "SKSE is not installed", I have no clue whats wrong, and would greatly appreciate help. Thanks!

I am using the launcher, just as Gopher depicts in his video, however on NexusModManager there is no option to launch using SKSE and as I said, SkyUI says it is not installed.

So just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, your using NMM to launch Skyrim and the button says Launch Skyrim, correct?

It sounds to me like the SKSE didn't install into the correct location.  I'd go to the main Skyrim folder to make sure, and if need be run the skse_loader.exe from there.

I think the main question is how do I get SKSE to launch from NMM. The other day it was working, but some of my mods conflicted with one another and I had to reset everything. I have all of the SKSE files in my skyrim folder, except I have the Data folder from SKSE set as an archive, just as Gopher does in his tutorial. I can't remember if I did a different process this time, but before I reset everything I could launch SKSE from NMM, and had no issues with SkyUI

Not sure, I haven't done that way of installing SKSE once they started giving out an executable installation file.

I can't see how doing it that way would cause things to not work, as long as you have everything in the proper place. *stumped*

Err... I just ran the installer.  SKSE v.1.7.3 has a "install via steam" (which never worked right for me), "installer", and "7zip" to download, I just ran the installer version, which is an executable file.  I typically don't touch the 7zip file anymore for Skyrim.

I thought Gophers video said to make a shortcut and put it on your desktop?

You don't need to launch from NMM. That will launch an non-skse version of the game unless you add the SKSE launcher to NMM.

22418992288_a8394e37de_o.jpg

Edited by OutandBack

So I installed SKSE via the installer and it seems to be working now, however I ran into a new problem with sound. I will start a new post about it specifically. Thank you for the help!

13 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I thought Gophers video said to make a shortcut and put it on your desktop?

You don't need to launch from NMM. That will launch an non-skse version of the game unless you add the SKSE launcher to NMM.

22418992288_a8394e37de_o.jpg

I haven't played in a while, but I seem to recall NMM having an option to launch via SKSE? I never did though