Gopher's Minions

Top 10 Reasons why Gopher is playing Fallout 4 on XBox

When I watch Gopher's livestreams of his "Barry" playthrough on the XBone, I'm always amused by his silly answers to the repeated question why he's playing on a console now.  So, just for fun, let's come up with some more "reasons" for him to have switched:

• All those comments that he should play Fallout "as it was intended" worked!  So now he's playing on a console, min/maxing his stats, always using VATS, and fast-travelling everywhere.
  • New scientific research shows that the human eyeball explodes if it is exposed to 60 frames per second, so now he's safe on an XBox at 25 fps on average.
  • Bethesda entered a deal with Microsoft to make Fallout 4 XBox-exclusive, so the latest patch turned off the PC and PS4 versions.  When you try to start them, you just get an advert for the XBox.
  • Due to an unfortunate head injury, he can no longer deal with the complexity of a keyboard or the dizzying responsiveness of mouse controls.  He now requires the soothing simplicity of a controller, to avoid frustrated rage fits.
  • Marketing research shows that people who watch PC-based Let's Plays are often PC owners themselves and capable of using ad-blockers in their browser.  To maximise YouTube's his profits, he is now courting the console player demographic.
  • Microsoft paid him to do it, and he sold out.
  • Door-to-door XBox evangelists convinced him to convert to their religion.

Phew!  That's all I got.  Does anybody else have some ideas?  Can we get to a full 10 points? :lol:

Edited by JustTheBast

The Norwegian government has passed laws against the utilization of PC hardware for anything other than computing winter weather and tax analysis.  He therefore has no choice, under new federal legislation, but to make a full switch, on pain of death by Brittany Spears on repeat.

Edited by Shiroi_gaijin
spelling

Nowadays the license agreements for console developers always includes a clause that they are not allowed to release a "substantially different" (i.e. obviously superior) version of the game on other platforms.  As a result, almost all PC games will soon be artificially capped at 30fps.  Gopher is just training himself to play stuttering slide-shows instead of fluid games, to get ahead of the trend.

He's actually not playing on an XBox at all; he's still gaming on the same PC as before.  He merely disabled all the mods that would give it away, pretended to have difficulty getting used to his "controller", and moaned about imaginary "framerates" a lot, all just to find out how many people would fall for it and pretend to "see" the supposedly bad framerates in order to fit in.

After all, it's a well known fact that the human eye can't distinguish any so-called "framerates".  At all.  Whether you get 0 frames per fortnight or all the frames at once or anything in between, nobody can tell the difference.  It's all a big hoax – and so is Gopher's "XBox" playthrough.

3 hours ago, JustTheBast said:

He's actually not playing on an XBox at all; he's still gaming on the same PC as before.  He merely disabled all the mods that would give it away, pretended to have difficulty getting used to his "controller", and moaned about imaginary "framerates" a lot, all just to find out how many people would fall for it and pretend to "see" the supposedly bad framerates in order to fit in.

After all, it's a well known fact that the human eye can't distinguish any so-called "framerates".  At all.  Whether you get 0 frames per fortnight or all the frames at once or anything in between, nobody can tell the difference.  It's all a big hoax – and so is Gopher's "XBox" playthrough.

I laughed way too hard at "All the frames"

Two more:

• His house was built on an ancient Viking burial ground, and their terrible restless spirits can only be appeased by the sounds of an ex-pat Brit complaining about controllers and framerates.
  • A disgruntled Dennis Hopper planted a bomb underneath Gopher's chair that will explode if his gaming ever exceeds 30fps.  Now Gopher must keep playing on the XBone, while Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock desperately race against time to stop Hopper's plans before Gopher reaches the end of his endurance and switches to a PC game, triggering the bomb!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • This is, in fact, an anthropological research aimed to reveal to us pc gamers more information about the undeveloped species known as "console peasants". Gopher is becoming one with the animals and sacrifices his own dignity for us to understand their ways better, obviously. ^_^ 
Edited by HighNinjaFly
19 hours ago, HighNinjaFly said:
  • This is, in fact, an anthropological research aimed to reveal to us pc gamers more information about the undeveloped species known as "console peasants". Gopher is becoming one with the animals and sacrifices his own dignity for us to understand their ways better, obviously. ^_^ 

All the console bashing is starting to sound like jealousy, although I don't seem to see the reverse PC bashing...or am i just missing it? Does it really bother PCers that Gopher's playing xbox? Are you afraid he's gonna be better buddies with us and neglect you? I mean can't we all just get along?

1 hour ago, Wolfhorse 60 said:

All the console bashing is starting to sound like jealousy, although I don't seem to see the reverse PC bashing...or am i just missing it? Does it really bother PCers that Gopher's playing xbox? Are you afraid he's gonna be better buddies with us and neglect you? I mean can't we all just get along?

ahahahha i think the guys are joking xD I think this is a reaction to console developer rather than a reaction to console users. They fed us this BS that 30 fps is optimal and " cinematographic" when we all know it is a porr excuse for the console power. Also given the insistence of console fanatics that said it was better 30 fps, that over 30 fps the human eye can not see a difference ecc.ecc. PCgamers have grown tired of this and began calling console users paesant ecc. My point to this is that my opinion is that all of this is referred to console fan boys, who hear no reasons on the fact that 60 fps is better than 30 fps ( and it should damn be seeing as how much more we are paying XD)

The whole “PC master race” and “console peasants” thing was actually meant so satirise PC elitists who genuinely think themselves better, just because they put an expensive graphics card in their machine.  Though I can't help but feel that some are hiding behind the satire to vent some real feelings of superiority that would otherwise make them look ridiculous.

Our ragging on the framerate is because of the overly defensive console players who occasionally come into the stream chat and feel they have to defend the honour of their platform either by parroting marketing BS slogans (“it's more cinematic!”) or by making utterly ludicrous claims like “the human eye can't actually distinguish between framerates above X fps” (X being the framerate their favourite console is capable of) or defending the movie-standard 24 fps as “optimal” when in fact it was a compromise between what the technology of the early 20th century could do and the bare minimum needed to make pictures look like movement, rather than a jerky slideshow.

4 hours ago, Wolfhorse 60 said:

It was a light hearted joke, as @jeancly and @JustTheBast explained :) Pardon me if it offended. 

Two billionaires bet each other 1 dollar they could turn a PC Master race gamer into a console peasant....hilarity ensue's

After spending 80 hour's a week working on his YouTube  channel, mods and raising his children he just needed a way to unwind and relax.

Gopher is a Microsoft sleeper cell that was finally activated.

8 hours ago, JustTheBast said:

The whole “PC master race” and “console peasants” thing was actually meant so satirise PC elitists who genuinely think themselves better, just because they put an expensive graphics card in their machine.  Though I can't help but feel that some are hiding behind the satire to vent some real feelings of superiority that would otherwise make them look ridiculous.

Our ragging on the framerate is because of the overly defensive console players who occasionally come into the stream chat and feel they have to defend the honour of their platform either by parroting marketing BS slogans (“it's more cinematic!”) or by making utterly ludicrous claims like “the human eye can't actually distinguish between framerates above X fps” (X being the framerate their favourite console is capable of) or defending the movie-standard 24 fps as “optimal” when in fact it was a compromise between what the technology of the early 20th century could do and the bare minimum needed to make pictures look like movement, rather than a jerky slideshow.

10 hours ago, jeancly said:

ahahahha i think the guys are joking xD I think this is a reaction to console developer rather than a reaction to console users. They fed us this BS that 30 fps is optimal and " cinematographic" when we all know it is a porr excuse for the console power. Also given the insistence of console fanatics that said it was better 30 fps, that over 30 fps the human eye can not see a difference ecc.ecc. PCgamers have grown tired of this and began calling console users paesant ecc. My point to this is that my opinion is that all of this is referred to console fan boys, who hear no reasons on the fact that 60 fps is better than 30 fps ( and it should damn be seeing as how much more we are paying XD)

Thanks guys, just for the record I know PC looks better regardless of what bioscientists or other experts say about what the human eye can register. And if I had the money in the budget to get a super gamer puter I probably would if that budget included hooking to my big screen and using a controller but alas I do not. I know it won't look as good on the xbox1 but it's also not gonna look like mario brothers on a nintendo LOL. and just for a little science info, what your eyes SEE is not what your brain tells you. Your brain only uses the info that your eyes provide along with many other inputs as well as previous knowledge of the physical world to provide your consciousness with the most accurate perception of the world it can. For an example look for a show called brain games where a plastic circular decal magically changes color to match two parts of a painting, it will blow you mind. The decal stays the same color but your brain tells you that there are two different colors on the painting when actually they are the same color.

really really cool hope you guys can find that show

@Wolfhorse 60 to be fair, I'm a PC gamer, but after E3 I'm planning to get the Ninteno NX when it comes out, even if purely for Zelda, recently started handheld gaming again with a 3DS, and will likely end up getting a PS4 for some of the exclusives.  Depending on how many of the new games are XBox/Win10 cross platform, I might end up getting an XBox for some of those exclusives.  All this, despite not really having the time to enjoy the games I've got now, but seeing too much stuff on the horizon (zero dawn) that looks promising.  This whole thread started after several streams where people would show up in the stream chat with some variation of "OMG??!?!? WHY IS GOPHER ON A CONSOLE//11/1/1//??!?! HE'S JOINING THE CONSOLE SELLOUTS OMGOMGWTFBANANASANDCHEESE," et cetera, have Gopher explain, repeatedly, after having announced (again, repeatedly) that he was getting consoles, and why (mod testing) and then having the same people ask the same thing again in the next stream.  So, this whole thing is satire, and no one on this thread would be so base a person as to carry an attitude of superiority when the core philosophy of Gopher's community is, and has always been "Have fun." We do not condone judgement of gamers because of their hardware or wealth (or lack thereof), and to behave in such a fashion should be an anathema to any gamer community (I know it's not), since, as a somewhat marginalized group that is coming to the fore of popular culture, we should have a mindset of inclusiveness and a shared love of the hobby.  

Well said Shiroi_gaijin.

My best guess for "why"   gopher needs to grow his business. That is how he supports his family.

If we look at the numbers: 38 million PS4, 18 million XBO were sold in the last 18 months.

If only 1 in 10 of those new game machine owners subscribed to gopher's channel to learn about modding for consoles Gopher could afford a gold plated PC.

Edited by OutandBack