Gopher's Minions
Arjy Yu

Video review of the new FO4 ENB (v.307)

Very interesting video about some of the new effects in ENB 0.307 for FO4 (released on may 15), including performance comparison.

And id like to recommend this channel in general - since we know tapioks as an author of some popular mods for Bethesda games.

I love Tapioks' videos.  They are so informative.  I have used all sorts of reshades and ENBs with FO4.  I have come to the conclusion that I will just use the basic ENB from our beloved Russian. 

Can not wait till he releases a full texture pack for this game. 

I agree. I have yet to find an ENB that works everywhere and on different times of the day.

Someplaces it looks great then all of a sudden the colors are blown out or it is too dark.

What we really need is an ENB that auto adjusts like Gopher dyna Vision.  I wish Boris would look into that.

Hi all!

@Arjy Yu

Thank you for sharing my video! ^_^

@Plague

Thanks for the support!  I am still working on textures, but progress is slower these days than is was for FNV...

@Outandback

I will be releasing an ENB configuration that 'behaves' properly across all game scenarios, once a few more parameters are added to ENB for Fallout 4.

18 hours ago, tapioks said:

Hi all!

@Arjy Yu

Thank you for sharing my video! ^_^

@Plague

Thanks for the support!  I am still working on textures, but progress is slower these days than is was for FNV...

@Outandback

I will be releasing an ENB configuration that 'behaves' properly across all game scenarios, once a few more parameters are added to ENB for Fallout 4.

Since you are on our thread here................... When do you think you might have some of those texture packs done? :) 

I know that you are very busy with ENB and other things. Absolutely no rush on the TP.  Just know that I will be endorsing and voting for it once it is release.  Your work is phenomenal and deserves more recondition than you are getting.  Your videos have made FO4 playable again for me.  

I was having some MAJOR frame rate drops near and in Boston that really made it pain play even though I have a GTX 980.  With your updates and videos,  it is more tolerable, not 60 frames like it use to be, but defiantly playable for me.  Thank you. 

19 hours ago, tapioks said:

Thank you for sharing my video!

hope i did it in the right way  :)

it was very interesting to watch - althou personally i have to disable AO in every ENB i use (its probably quite obvious from the specs of my system)

@Plague I'm not sure when I will have more texture updates done... it took me a while to finish up the Nuka-Cola Machine and the Milk Machine, but I enjoy doing texture work so I will keep at it.

@Arjy Yu Thanks again!  I'm not sure about different methods of sharing, but just letting your friends know about the video makes me happy :)

Hopefully someday you can upgrade your machine to enjoy some more ENB effects...

@Arjy Yuthank you for posting this video I had no idea there were helper vids to understand ENB's and as a new PC gamer who struggles getting a handle on all of this it really helps.

@tapioksthank you for making ENB videos so easy to understand that even a new PC gamer like myself with little software experience gets it. You have a new subscriber/follower.

Edited by OutandBack
spel'n

@tapioksI am currently running ENB 0.291 sky and using another minions presets.

If I wanted to try this ENB 0.307 would I add it to 0.291? Replace 291 with 307 or run them both?

Sorry if this is like a super stupid question I'm pretty new to modding and have very little software experience.

@OutandBack

No worries!  To upgrade to a new version of ENB, you just need to overwrite the previous d3d11.dll file with the new version of this file from ENB 0.307.  When you run the game again after installing the new version of the .dll, all of the new ENB parameters added with  0.307 will be automatically added to your ENBseries.ini file.  After installing and running the game, you may want to either disable ENB's Ambient Occlusion effect (if you want to continue using the game's own AO) or otherwise disable the game's own AO and instead configure ENB's SSAO_SSIL variables to suit your tastes.  I hope this answers your question!

@Caloss2 

Cheers!

Edited by tapioks

Wow copy and replace one file that seems almost too easy to be true. Thank you.

I will be sure to turn the games AO off as well. Going to go and test it now.

EDIT: Oh my, that was absolutely painless.

Edited by OutandBack