Gopher's Minions
VATROU

Battle Net Friend Codes

So in preparation for the upcoming Overwatch game here is a thread dedicated to PC Overwatch players. Since Console users don't have these hassles.

To find out your full Name Code which includes your username and numeric code. Simply click your username while Battle Net is open and you'll see an extra code following your username. For instance mine is.

VATROU#1788 in that order that is how it is presented and typed into the Friend request search box. So if you wanna partner up, meet new people or just mess around go on share yours!

Jognt#2712

Defectius#1807

NafNaf95#2156

luthienmpl#2990

Edited by VATROU
Added new codes to list

I often check teamspeak when I'm wanting to play with others so don't be shy and come and visit once in a while ;). Now that launch has passed it's often just 1 or 2 people in the OW room so you needn't fear large groups ;).

On 16-6-2016 at 6:49 PM, BreakneckKhan said:

LazyTitan#214933

new here looking for some friendly people to play overwatch with

Sorry! I thought you were a random person so I declined the request, I've sent a request your way now.

Feel free to join the Teamspeak server by the way, just about everyday there are people in the Overwatch Hype Room having a game. Feel free to hop in there, say hi, and ask if they have a spot free :).

20 hours ago, Jognt said:

Sorry! I thought you were a random person so I declined the request, I've sent a request your way now.

Feel free to join the Teamspeak server by the way, just about everyday there are people in the Overwatch Hype Room having a game. Feel free to hop in there, say hi, and ask if they have a spot free :).

no worries it happens

2 hours ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

Sup3rNo7a#1933

New to the game, so likely not as good yet as most others, but feel free to add me if you want.

thats nothing to worry about, practice makes perfect and everyone here is very supportive and helpful 

Badges#11687

So this my first fps game and I'm still trying to stay alive long enough to be considered cannon fodder or at least a distraction.  I've picked up on the practice, practice, play thing but are there any tips on how to improve wasd?

If you have one, you *could* use a controller if you're more comfortable with that for gaming (don't know your other gaming experience, so that may not apply). I know when I first switched over to PC from Xbox 360 (playing the original Killing Floor, mostly) one of the hardest adjustments was getting used to moving and doing other various actions with the keyboard, especially with a faster-paced thing like an FPS.

Beyond that, though, it really does come down to practicing and just getting used to the controls. One thing I find that really helps me, though, is rebinding as many of the controls as I can do match any other similar games I might also play. Several of the default control schemes for the Overwatch characters, for example, just didn't work for me because it would force me to move my fingers or shift my hand in uncomfortable or annoying ways in order to use any of my abilities, or even just crouch (which in turn makes it hard to get used to, and muscle-memory the various actions), so I re-binded almost all of them except for the actual WASD keys.

Sup3rno7a, Thanks.  I was afraid that was the answer.  My gaming experience is slight, only one or two other single player games and how fast I was didn't impact anyone else, not really. I'm also not very familiar with controllers though I have an old one I picked up somewhere.  My hands don't hold a controller very well;  way too many years of data entry has caused a problem or two.  I'll just keep practicing then.  Rebinding is a good idea.  I'll give it a try and keep up with the practice.