Gopher's Minions

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SYRINGE SNIPING PHARAH MAMA INCOMING GODDAMNIT NOW I REALLY NEED TO PRACTICE AIMING

It took forever, but I finally got a PotG as Zarya. And as @Quarico can attest, I have been robbed SOOO many times . http://giant.gfycat.com/SkeletalDirtyBurro.webm

Some may find this amusing or possibly useful tho I doubt it will be useful.  

Thank you very much pcat. =) On a slighty related note. Were you bitten by the over watch bug as well? @Philosophercat  I had been planning to say we could probably just lock the beta thread as the beta has been over with. Make this the new main thread or something? Cut down on confusion later on that way? Or it might be pointless?

Anyways SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.... Have a good one.

51 minutes ago, luthienmpl said:

ahahaha, does that mean I have to get acquainted with TS in the next 10 hours >__>

Short answer: Yes! :D

Edit for long answer: Yes, I recommend you change a few settings in the capture tab for best results:
- Disable automatic gain control;
- Set up a Push2Talk key;
- Set a delay of about 0,5 seconds on "Delay releasing push to talk"; (I have 0,6)
- Take a few minutes to tweak your microphone gain so that you aren't far too loud or low in volume for others to hear you;
If you need some help, let me know and I'll walk you through the process before OW launches :).

55 minutes ago, Quarico said:

If I sleep, then Overwatch will be here quicker!

If we have enough people on ts, we need to have a 6v6 match.

I'll be there, pretty sure Dellos will be there, combined with what I heard in stream chat and here I wouldn't be surprised if we have more than 6 people. Maybe we can fill 2 groups even :p.

Edited by Jognt
On 5/21/2016 at 4:00 AM, Nakor88 said:

Thank you very much pcat. =) On a slighty related note. Were you bitten by the over watch bug as well? @Philosophercat  I had been planning to say we could probably just lock the beta thread as the beta has been over with. Make this the new main thread or something? Cut down on confusion later on that way? Or it might be pointless?

Anyways SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.... Have a good one.

In a word: conflicted. On the one hand, FPS is my least favourite genre; games like PayDay bore me no end. The only reason I like Guns of Icarus* is that it's always talk like a pirate day, with pubbies going "yar, I was born on a sky squid, laddie!" But on the other hand... :P

*not technically an FPS, I suppose. Still. Without the RP it would be boring.

2 hours ago, Quarico said:

If I sleep, then Overwatch will be here quicker!

If we have enough people on ts, we need to have a 6v6 match.

What do we need to get TS and make sure we can connect to other Minions. It's been ages since I used it and I know it's not installed on this PC.

3 minutes ago, VATROU said:

What do we need to get TS and make sure we can connect to other Minions. It's been ages since I used it and I know it's not installed on this PC.

You install Teamspeak (get it at www.teamspeak.com), Connect to the TS (adress is here: https://community.gophersvids.com/topic/21-teamspeak-3-server/) then follow the changes I outlined earlier:

- Disable automatic gain control;
- Set up a Push2Talk key;
- Set a delay of about 0,5 seconds on "Delay releasing push to talk"; (I have 0,6)
- Take a few minutes to tweak your microphone gain so that you aren't far too loud or low in volume for others to hear you;

And you're all set! One thing though, if it's the first time you're connecting to the TS you will need to wait until you get the Minions badge assigned, otherwise you won't be able to hop around.

Edited by Jognt

What mic volume would be recommended? I've set it up to +10 Db at the moment but that seems a bit quiet for when everyone is talking over each other and there's battle sounds in the background. Also, I've enabled echo cancellation but the test sound still sounds pretty echo-y to me. That could be my crappy headset mic though.

3 minutes ago, VATROU said:

I do not know how I actually gain permissions in the Minions server. I should be under VATROU if I set that up right.

Just join the server and go grab a coffee. Sometimes the mods are fast, sometimes it takes a bit, but you'll hear "Server group assigned" and magically be able to move :)

edit: woops, official info was faster :)

15 minutes ago, luthienmpl said:

What mic volume would be recommended? I've set it up to +10 Db at the moment but that seems a bit quiet for when everyone is talking over each other and there's battle sounds in the background. Also, I've enabled echo cancellation but the test sound still sounds pretty echo-y to me. That could be my crappy headset mic though.

Mic volume depends on the mic itself. It's basically asking others "How do I sound" and if they say "a bit quiet" or "a bit loud" you'd do well to change it a bit. If they say "fine" then you're good to go!

In regards to battle sounds: I lowered my OW master volume from 80 to 15 so I can easily hear everyone. How much lower the volume needs to be for you to hear everyone depends on the person, english isn't my native language and I'm easily overwhelmed by sounds so I prefer a rather large contrast.

Edited by Jognt