Gopher's Minions
Hekazu

Post-stream GoI

Ladies and gentlemen.

There has been an unsettling silence in the skies for quite some time now. The mighty warships of The Minions have been stranded in their docking bays for too long, their crew... well, to be fair we don't even know where those guys vanished to. But this should come to an end! I want to see the fleet soar to the skies from our headquarters! I want to see the skies filled with our airships and bullets!

If there is anyone with me when it comes to this, my request is simple: Have Guns of Icarus Online installed and contact me/reply to me once I start rounding up people for a post-stream airship battle session, like the ones we used to do before I had to disappear for a year. Besides, it will be a good warmup for the upcoming Alliance DLC, no?

TL;DR:

• Wut?   Playing some Guns of Icarus after Gopher is done with his stream.
  • When?    I personally only really watch the XCOM ones, but if anyone else would like to join this initiative they are free to tell me the stream is over and if there would be players. You can reach me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/hekazu/
  • Why?    Because I miss "the good old days" when we still used to do this.
Edited by Hekazu
The system posted too early, added relevant information to TL;DR

We are having a session right now, after the recent Fallout 4 on XBOX streaming session! Come join us if you'd like!

Aaaand it's over for me. Some of us are still going, so feel free to check teamspeak lobbies in case they are still there.

Edited by Hekazu
Time for me to head to bed

We are running another session! Feel free to join us in teamspeak!

Another night, another successful operation! Or well, we got a 50% winrate out of it, which ain't too bad. Hope to see you all next time!

Edited by Hekazu
We are done for the night

We are, you guessed it, starting another one of the post-stream Guns of Icarus sessions! If you are up for shooting balloons with big guns mounted to other balloons, you know where to find us! (In case you don't, it's ts.gophersvids.com).

Done for the night, ladies and gentlemen! We had, for the first time since starting, a full 4 man crew and may I say it, it was a blast! ...those who were with me are now probably groaning, since the session was filled with rockets exploding EVERYWHERE, especially the last match where three Galleons all brought in Manticore Heavy Hwachas. Good game!

Edited by Hekazu
It ends once more

Another stream is over. You know the drill, the Minion Fleet awaits in teamspeak!

I'm editing the post. You know the drill, we are done. Sadly, we didn't get a full crew this time around, but got some good Sniper Spire practice. Personally I even found out I can actually hit things with Lumberjack!

Edited by Hekazu
Done

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring unfortunate news.

I personally will be unable to organize the post-stream sessions from this day to at least 19th of June. Yes, only this month. I thought I'd have the time to host the last one today and tell this then, but as I got surprise guests that stay overnight and won't appreciate me staying up until 3AM in the room they are supposed to be sleeping in it really cannot be helped. The reason why I cannot do this is a rather happy one as I am getting married. You'll understand that (and especially the preparations) takes priority over this little project of mine, bu trust me I'll be back in the skies as soon as possible!

Now, a request. JandeV and ViceDellos, you two are the regulars of this endeavour and thus I'd like to ask if either (or both) of you would be up for filling in my spot for this hiatus?

Once more a stream has come to it's conclusion and the minions are taking to the skies! We await all able sailors in teamspeak!

Once again, it has come to an end. We had the pleasure of manning Mini's Pyramidion and making enemies explode left and right. I believe we got most of the frags that night... Well, on to the next show!

Edited by Hekazu
We are touching down

There will NOT be a post-stream Guns of Icarus session today, at least not one organised by yours truly. I will be missing the stream and will not have the time after it either. If somebody else is up for holding the event, I say do it!

10 hours ago, Arjy Yu said:

is new Riders of Icarus game (currently in open beta) connected to Guns of Icarus ?

From what I heard about it on the latest co-optional podcast, no.  Riders of Icarus is closer to Pokemon than Guns of Icarus.  I get where you're coming from though, when they first mentioned it I had hopes myself.

As the one random guy who organises the Post-stream, I'd like to keep this thread related to the events themselves. Riders related discussion may deserve it's own thread though... I'll probably make an info-dump post about it later today just to help potentially confused people.

15 minutes ago, Hekazu said:

As the one random guy who organises the Post-stream, I'd like to keep this thread related to the events themselves.

Fair point.  It can be hard to manage that on these forums though as I'd imagine you've noticed.

• Engies runnin', hittin', gunnin'
  • Captain's callin', yellin', bawlin'
  • Spot the skies, boys, use your eyes
  • Ground is rising as we die...

The ending of one of the official air shanties of Guns of Icarus, to commemorate my crashlanded dreams. No post-stream session today.

Edited by Hekazu
Made the song format just a bit neater

At long last, the ships sit idle no more. Hear the engines roar! The minions have returned to the skies!

It was a shorter one this time around with only two people. We were unfortunate enough to get a teammate that refused to answer to anything we said and that kinda bummed us out. Perhaps we'll have better luck getting communicative crew members next time?

Edited by Hekazu
Quite the shame it had to end so fast

Here we go again! Teamspeak calls for all able sailors. Answer the call of the skies if you feel so inclined!

Great fun was had! It is an absolute joy to see a whole crew of minions working together like clockwork, crushing every opponent through sheer skill, determination and teamwork... Oh boy, this is why I keep organising these events! I hope to see all who participated next time!

Edited by Hekazu
Done