Gopher's Minions

Quoting Issues

Burnspot

Question

Is anyone else having an issue quoting folks in a thread? I hit the quote button on a particular post and I get a quote from someone else entirely, then I can't get out of the quote box to enter anything. Happened at work with the Vivaldi browser and now at home with the Chrome browser with the dark theme. Going to toss my cookies........and see if that works.

Hmm, please delete this if it ended up in the wrong spot.

Edited by Burnspot

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jasch said:

you can always [CTRL]+

on a quote box and select "Delete Quote".

I didn't have any issues so far with the quotes though. Also, the "+" button next to "Quote" allows you to quote multiple posts in your post.

EDIT: HOLY F*** How did this get so messed up? Okay, now posting is being weird for me too.

EDIT2: A quick test: Lorem ["bla"] Ipsum

EDIT3: Testing continues. Lorem +["bla bla"] Ipsum

EDIT4: Lorem

Ipsum

EDIT5: FOUND IT! If you enter this you get weird behaviour:

[right click]

(and I have no idea why the code block is right aligned.... @Xelphos please help, this is very weird.

Nothing I can do about it. You will have to wait until an update fixes it.

I have no isues with code blocks.

Nor do I have issues with quotes, so even if I could do something, I couldn't because I am not having the specified issues.

EDIT: I see what the issue is now, @Jasch. Your post has (style="text-align:right;") and (style="text-align:left;") applied to most of your text, no idea why this happened, but if I manually remove it from the source code, it fixes the issues with your post. Take a look at my quote of your post, all the issues are gone.

2 hours ago, Burnspot said:

Is anyone else having an issue quoting folks in a thread? I hit the quote button on a particular post and I get a quote from someone else entirely, then I can't get out of the quote box to enter anything. Happened at work with the Vivaldi browser and now at home with the Chrome browser with the dark theme. Going to toss my cookies........and see if that works.

Hmm, please delete this if it ended up in the wrong spot.

This is a test of the quote button. I think it is working on my end but there is only one post to quote so it might not be the best of tests.

you can always [CTRL]+

on a quote box and select "Delete Quote".

I didn't have any issues so far with the quotes though. Also, the "+" button next to "Quote" allows you to quote multiple posts in your post.

EDIT: HOLY F*** How did this get so messed up? Okay, now posting is being weird for me too.

EDIT2: A quick test: Lorem ["bla"] Ipsum

EDIT3: Testing continues. Lorem +["bla bla"] Ipsum

EDIT4: Lorem

Ipsum

EDIT5: FOUND IT! If you enter this you get weird behaviour:

[right click]

(and I have no idea why the code block is right aligned.... @Xelphos please help, this is very weird.

Edited by Jasch

29 minutes ago, Xelphos said:

Nothing I can do about it. You will have to wait until an update fixes it.

I have no isues with code blocks.

Nor do I have issues with quotes, so even if I could do something, I couldn't because I am not having the specified issues.

EDIT: I see what the issue is now, @Jasch. Your post has (style="text-align:right;") and (style="text-align:left;") applied to most of your text, no idea why this happened, but if I manually remove it from the source code, it fixes the issues with your post. Take a look at my quote of your post, all the issues are gone.

Yupp, thought so. It was just really weird that it happened. I had everything left aligned when I pressed "Submit Reply". Then it popped up and was messed up.
And I didn't change it on purpose to not remove any possible hints.

3 minutes ago, Roachbait FNV said:

Are quotes broken now?...Aw man....Seems to work right to me...

Should I post this in the insanity thread?

:)

Yours worked fine for me this time. Dunno...intermittent quirk perhaps?