Gopher's Minions

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20100169/

This game is pvp only and you can change chars mid match. It's like team fortress 2 I guess. It looks amusing and I'm pretty sure Gopher mentioned he was even waiting for it in passing during a stream. Chance for anyone to try the game for free, during the limited time beta.

Have a good day. =)

Edit: So I copied some of the text from that link I put. Hopefully it's useful.

Q. What are the PC system requirements for the Open Beta?
A. See below!

Minimum (targeting 30fps):

Operating system: Windows® 7/Windows®8 /Windows®10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8650
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850, or Intel® HD Graphics 4400
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Storage: 30 GB available hard drive space
    Broadband internet connection
    1280x780 minimum display resolution

Recommended (targeting 60fps on Medium settings):

Operating system: Windows® 7/Windows®8 /Windows®10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X3 or better
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 or ATI Radeon™ HD 7950 or better
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Storage: 30 GB available hard drive space
    Broadband internet connection
    1280x780 minimum display resolution

For the best performance, please be sure to update to the latest drivers available for your graphics card.

Q. Can I stream or create content about the game during the Open Beta?
A. Absolutely! There is no non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for the Open Beta. You are encouraged to take screenshots, livestream your play sessions, record feedback videos—whatever your heart desires.

The Overwatch Open Beta will be available May 5–9 on PC, PlayStation® 4, and Xbox One! Players who have pre-purchased or pre-ordered Overwatch by April 29 will be eligible for early access starting May 3.

y7M6VWw.png

Edited by Nakor88
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once managed to climb the high wall next to the chokepoint leading to the first point on Hanamura as attacker. It only took me like 1 minute and then a Hanzo/Reaper Ult combo already wiped the enemy

My best mate is away during the Open Beta which means I have to be brave and play by myself.....with strangers.....who will yell at me for being terrible..... I've been sheltered for so long.

Okay so I did end up getting to play with my best mate and we had an absolute blast! We weren't ready to play against real people, but we played with others against the AI and it really scratched that

11 minutes ago, Quarico said:

Nice! Thank you for this! I was hoping there would be a beta before I commit any money to it. Hugely appreciated for the info, Nakor. :)

I'm glad it was helpful. =) Perhaps we can play together in it at some point? Still haven't played anything with you I think. If you don't want to that's fine of course.

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking interesting that's for sure. But I can't really play with a KBM set up. I'd need to buy furniture strictly for computer gaming. Right now I have a cobbled together gaming center that physically punishes KBM gaming. So it's controllers or nothing. I doubt the Beta has Controller support so I'll likely have to wait.

1 hour ago, VATROU said:

It's looking interesting that's for sure. But I can't really play with a KBM set up. I'd need to buy furniture strictly for computer gaming. Right now I have a cobbled together gaming center that physically punishes KBM gaming. So it's controllers or nothing. I doubt the Beta has Controller support so I'll likely have to wait.

It does have controller support. It's right there in the options menu.

6 hours ago, Quarico said:

I am so bad at this game and I LOVE IT!

Turned to heal someone and watched them proceed to fall through the map. :D

That sounds rather.. hilarious xD.

I just got "play of the match" in that mech-suit-anime-girl-thing and had the whole match see my glorious eject-and-cower-behind-a-rock moment :D. I felt like a total noob but giggled at the same time xD.

@Dat Lobo There is currency? oO I'd seen that "0" but what can you do with the currency? And how do you get it?

@Jognt Currency is used to buy stuff outside of the drop system. The way it is now, you're better off praying to RNGesus than hoping to save up for that 1000 credit tracer skin. Most I've gotten so far, in 24 levels, is maybe 450 credits. And 50 of that was from having duplicate stuff drop (yay, a whole 5 creds each!......). The leveling becomes a bit of a slog after level 10, which makes the currency system at the moment entirely ridiculous. Now if you got like 5-10 credits per match, and double that for a win, and maybe another 10 for getting play of the game, and so on for getting the most votes at the end of the round, you've got something. I mean seriously, they plan on adding more heroes, and each hero has over 50 unlocks, it's quite freaking ridiculous the currency system they got going now.

And in other news, which I did not know, but all accounts are gonna be wiped after the beta.....My rare skins.....I'ma go sob in a corner now...

Edited by Dat Lobo

I see. The only currency I've gotten is 50 credits or something from a Loot Box. Oh well, I don't mind the RNG chance of getting something.

By the way, I am seriously liking D-Va, Widowmaker, Bastion, and Zenyatta. Good stuff! You guys got favorites by now?

I played the AOE healer guy and I quite enjoyed that. Got quite a bit of healer love after the matches which was nice. :)

It'd be cool if we could get a full Minion team going on...say...Sunday. Right guys? Sunday sound right to you, @Gopher?

*looks innocent*

Actually no, why am I looking innocent. I can look as cheeky as I like. He'll ignore it anyway. :D

10 minutes ago, Quarico said:

I played the AOE healer guy and I quite enjoyed that. Got quite a bit of healer love after the matches which was nice. :)

It'd be cool if we could get a full Minion team going on...say...Sunday. Right guys? Sunday sound right to you, @Gopher?

*looks innocent*

Actually no, why am I looking innocent. I can look as cheeky as I like. He'll ignore it anyway. :D

I wish. I work Sunday although I hope to be off and home by six PM AKST. 

1 hour ago, JediJosh7054 said:

Really enjoying this, more than I actually thought I would.

Gopher really has to try it out sometime. I can just hear the maniacal laugh as he shoots everything with big guns

I told him I wouldn't harass him about it anymore. I'm regretting that promise. *sigh*