Gopher's Minions

The Witcher 3 mod recomendations

Arjy Yu

Toggleable Cat Potion-Nightvision Effect

This mod allows you to manually toggle the night vision effect from the Cat potion/metamorphoses mutagen with a keybind.

Variant 1 requires the potion to be consumed/mutagen to be active for you to be able to toggle.

Variant 2 has no requirement, meaning you can toggle it on/off anytime (this variant also disables the mutagen/cat potion effects)

Make sure to only use one variant.

Installation:
1) put the mod file in you mod directory
2) edit the input.settings file in your my documents folder and add the "ToggleCat" keybind.

For example
"IK_6=(Action=ToggleCat)" below [Exploration]
(This designates "6" as the toggle key)

So, i just did a quick check of my load order:

Spoiler

!! - modAutoLoot\
modCiri_Bath_Bandage_Removal\
modCiriLoreFriendlyFull\
modCiriPortrait\
- modCorrectSorting\
- modCustomLocalizationFix\

modDandelionPurpleSuit\
modElYen\
modFistFightCheat\
!! - modFOVSlider\
- modFriendlyHUD\

modHair\
!! - modJumpInShallowWater\
- modKNGCritical_SlowMotion_Combat\
- modKNGDoF\
- modMapQuestObjectivesFull\

modNoDirtyLensEffect\
modNoStairRolling\
modRCTall\
modTrissColours\
modTrissHairAuburn\
modTurbolightingBase\

- means this mod requires script merge

!! means this mod has not been updated yet for the newest patch (1.22)

The major setback atm is that AutoLoot mod has not been updated yet.

Judging by some comments, this patch has again introduced noticeable script changes. In many cases mods updated for 1.21 are working by themselves - but in case of conflicts merging them is almost impossible (at least for majority of mod users). So we do need mod updates for 1.22 patch.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely recommend the Quest Objectives mod, it's just super useful, also AMM (Appearance Mod Menu) which is just good to have and the Depth of Field mod, because who doesn't want some better depth of field?

As for textures, I infinitely recommend Lore-friendly Witchers and any mod that removes sword trails.

I also recommend mine because I think it's amazing. :3

two mods to fix our faithful horse (both by the same author)

Mane and Tail Fixes

Fixes a variety of issues with Roach relating to her mane and tail. Check the comment section for details.

I've updated the mod to more comprehensively address all horse hair related issues still present in the game. It includes fixes for the following identified bugs:

- Missing tail (as before);
    - Missing or half mane shown on next horse spawn after switching from a saddle that covers the neck to one which doesn't (new);
    - Wrong tail shown on next horse spawn after switching from any of the Toussaint saddles to any of the others (new).

I also renamed it from "Missing Tail Fix" to "Mane and Tail Fixes" to more accurately reflect the new features. If you know of other issues not mentioned here, please leave a comment and I'll fix it if possible.

NOTE: These fixes are already included with Thoughtful Roach so there's no need to download if you use that mod.

Thoughtful Roach

Tweaks horse AI for better parking and following behaviors. 

Roach will now wait a specified amount of time before parking and stop if the player comes near.  Whistling can be configured to act as a toggle, making her follow you until you whistle again.

Additionally, the horse will no longer bump into you when called but instead stop at a safe distance.

KNOWN ISSUES
Once parked, Roach still won't react to your whistling. I was unable to fix this, sadly.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Arjy Yu said:

looks like W3 have been patched again ?   (i was playing first Witcher lately)

have anyone installed this update already ?

has it messed up all the scripts again, requiring all mods to be updated as well ?

I'm not playing right now but I looked and my records show, Patch 1.22 (15 June 2016) with nothing in the que to update.

• 3 weeks later...

Resolving 1.31 GOTY script compilation errors for 1.30 mods by Wasteland Ghost

description page has an important explanation about current state of Witcher 3 modding

Since currently we have players (and modmakers) with two different versions of the game - 1.30 (primarily Steam) and 1.31 (GOG GOTY) - there are many
reports of compatibility problems as well as requests for mod updates "to the latest patch". The problem is - there is no "latest patch" and many of the modmakers do not own 1.31 GOTY version. So here are some explanations, instructions and files to resolve the problem without a need to duplicate each and every mod. At least until we get official answer from CDPR whether or not we get unified patch for all game versions.

So, let's begin.

1. Who needs this.
Players who have 1.31 GOTY version of the game and are using 1.30 version mods. Even if you have no script compilation errors, you probably still need it, as 1.30 mods might override 1.31 specific changes you might want to keep. If you're using texture mods and no scripts mods, you don't need this file.

2. You can downgrade your scripts to 1.30 version of the game and forget the whole thing.
To do so, download "Base 1.30 scripts", unzip and copy "scripts" folder into your "<Path To The Witcher 3>\content\content0\" folder. If you already have
"scripts" folder under this exact path, delete it before copying unzipped one.

3. What will you loose if you decide to downgrade to 1.30.
You'll loose random main menu (which can be compensated by installing Selectable Main Menu mod), an ability to switch alternate outfits on and off and an ability to download language packs directly from in-game menu. If these options are irrelevant for you, downgrading to 1.30 is the best choice.

4. How to keep 1.31 version while using 1.30 mods.
Download "modGOTYDiffFiles" file and install it into your "<Path To The Witcher 3>\Mods" folder (manually or with NMM). Use Script Merger (downloading latest version is highly recommended if you haven't updated for a while) and use it to merge modGOTYDiffFiles with your installed 1.30 mods.

5. Don't mix 1.30 and 1.31 mods.
It's your choice whether or not to use "unofficial" 1.31 updates for existing 1.30 mods or to use original mods, posted by their authors, along with this method, but keep in mind that mixing mods from different game versions is never a good idea and can result in weird merging conflicts and/or weird in-game glitches.

6. Some 1.30 mods are incompatible with 1.31 version.
Most of 1.30 mods will be auto-merged perfectly with Script Merger and won't require manual conflict resolution. But some other mods are simply incompatible with 1.31 version of the game, as they require their code to be rewritten for new conditions - mods like Selectable Main Menu. But it's a rare case, as there aren't that many mods which rewrite main menu code. Also, watch out for specific instructions, posted by mod authors on their mod pages or in comments section.

7. You might not see any conflicts in Script Merger after installing modGOTYDiffFiles
This is normal and this indicates that the mod you're using doesn't change any of the GOTY related scripts and is GOTY compatible out-of-the-box. You might still keep modGOTYDiffFiles as it might help you later if the next mod you install will have GOTY incompatibilities.

8. If you're using Ghost Mode...
... don't merge definitionsManager.ws file from modGOTYDiffFiles with the one from GM: no GOTY changes are needed in GM and auto-resolution of the conflict will create corrupted script which won't compile.

• 2 weeks later...

finally started updating my mods for latest patch - and found new mod that deals with FOV (older ones are not updated)

Wider Field of View and no Focus Mode zoom in

Increases the default FOV to 70. Also removes the zoom in to shoulder effect for focus mode. The default view point, especially focus mode made me nauseous, so I changed it.

has three versions:

• modFOVFixNoFocusZoom - Contains FOV Wider and No Focus Mode Zoom for 1.31 & 1.30
  • modFOVWider - Contains only the FOV Wider for 1.31 & 1.30. Focus Mode will still zoom in (though its FOV will remain a bit wider than vanilla)
  • modNoFocusZoom - Remove Focus Mode Zoom for 1.31 & 1.30 but doesn't touch FOV
Edited by Arjy Yu

looks like the author of this Wolf Armor has a few other interesting mods

like shorter remodel of the Bear one - that allows to see the boots

and replacing of 1st plus 2nd Wolf schematics outside of Kaer Morhen - so that they could be found earlier in the game

I actually never did see those. My W3 is rather vanilla and I am really content with it. I found this mod when I searched for a fix for the wolven gear (meaning the jacket being open) and found it. This rendered the Mastercrafted Wolven Armor my absolute favorite armor in the game. I actually am looking to change the model of the Grandmaster to that of the mastercrafted gear, yet I am a bit at a loss with that^^

personally i dislike rolling in both W2 and W3 - and now there is an option to fix it

Pirouettes (beta)

Replaces roll/dodge (which you want) with pirouette. For patch 1.31. BETA

Update 0.91
- added option to pick animations randomly
- added sliders for each pirouette animation % chance of picking
- slightly adjusted animations blendOut values

currently there is an unpleasant bug / glitch that prevents attacking after performing new animation - but author promised to fix it in the next update

• 2 weeks later...

Better Roach Control

RUN UP THE MOUNTAINS OF SKELLIGE WITHOUT ROACH STOPPING !!!

OR JUMP FROM A 200m CLIFF !!!

OR HOW ABOUT RUNNING THROUGH WATER (ROACH IS NOW ABLE TO GO AS DEEP AS HER/HIS OWN HIGHT) !!!

ROACH WON'T STOP YOU FROM DOING WHAT YOU WANT !!!!

What it does:
This mod removes the Test-if-something-is-infront-of-Roach (something like a cliff where Roch wouldn't like to jump down. Or a Tree, in which Roach wouldn't like to Run !!!!)

IT GIVES YOU FULL CONTROLL OVER SPEED AND DIRECTION OF ROACH !!!! IT'S LIKE DRIVING A CAR !!!

Here a short Clip: It 'll show you that Roach won't stop, if she jumps from great Hights, and she can now enter the water up to her head !!!
THE VIDEO ASLO SHOWS YOU SHE ISN'T FASTER AN SHE DOESN'T JUMP LONGER OR HIGHER !!!

(warning - the following video is from Blood and Wine DLC)

• 2 weeks later...

this mod might be interesting for those, who do not wish to install Friendly HUD - but are not satisfied with vanilla meditation either

Friendly Meditation by wghost81 aka Wasteland Ghost

Holding a hotkey (N by default) allows you to enter new "Exploration Meditation" state with no menu cluttering the view and an ability to see the world around you while time fast-forwards. While regular "menu meditation" mode removes all buffs and refills potions no matter for how long you meditated, "exploration meditation" updates buffs, toxicity, vitality and everything else in real time multiplied by acceleration factor, so all your potions and skills like Sun and Stars continue to function.

You can enable campfire spawning animation (off by default) - a pure cosmetic feature with no requirements (see Preparations mod if you want extended campfire and meditation options).

There also is an option to use accelerated animations, but I don't recommend it as it doesn't look pretty, especially with NPCs.

there is also an interesting Note at the end of Description

Two of my other mods also have real time meditation feature: FriendlyHUD and Preparations. If you have any of these installed, you don't need this mod.

(Stay tuned, though, as I'm working on a big update for Friendly HUD).

Better complete Assassin's armor and weapon set varieties

2018-0-1474379486.png

Why
Like many, I've found the Assassin's gauntlets to have great stats early game (+10% crit chance) but the armour is somewhat ugly and clashes with many other armour pieces visually as well as not looking very assassin-like (IMO). Additionally the starting Kaer Morhen chest armour sleeves clip through the gloves. The set also feels incomplete without a chest piece and weapons. There is also a lack of decent early game light armour to bridge the gap between Temerian DLC armour (level 4) and Feline Witcher gear (level 17).

Objectives
1. Replace assets with existing assets (equip templates).
2. Crafted and autogen versions.
3. Have stats that are worthwhile yet balanced between vanilla Temerian DLC, Nilfgaardian DLC, Wolven, Feline and New Moon armour sets. Stats aimed towards melee builds using light armour. An assassin is an expert in fighting humans, not monsters, hence resistances are set accordingly i.e. more like the Temerian and Nilfgaardian DLC armours so it still makes fighting monsters a challenge.
4. Have New Game+ versions with boosted stats that are balanced with vanilla GM Witcher sets.
5. Have mask and glasses gimmick items to 'complete' the look.
6. Multiple variants of differing looks.

What it does
1. Four variants (only one variant can be installed at a time) that replaces and adds the following armour and weapons equip templates (see images for item stats):

Spoiler

Variant 1:

• NEW! Assassin's Chest (New Moon armour)
  • Assassin's Pants (Pants 04) -> Manticore Pants
  • Assassin's Boots (Boots 04) -> Axeman's Boots
  • Assassin's Gauntlets (Gloves 04) -> Hunting Gauntlets
  • NEW! Assassin's steel sword (Wolf). In-game name "Headhunter".
  • NEW! Assassin's silver sword (Deargdeith). In-game name "Bloodsword".
  • NEW! Assassin's Mask (Tesham Mutna mask). In-game name "Harlequin mask".
  • NEW! Assassin's Glassess (Professor's Glasses)

Variant 2:

• NEW! Assassin's Chest (New Moon armour)
  • Assassin's Pants (Pants 04) -> Manticore Pants
  • Assassin's Gauntlets (Gloves 04) -> Feline Gauntlets

Variant 3:

• NEW! Assassin's Chest (Ursine chest - Enhanced)
  • Assassin's Pants (Pants 04) -> Starting Pants
  • Assassin's Gauntlets (Gloves 04) -> Hunting Gauntlets

Variant 4:

• NEW! Assassin's Chest (Ursine chest - Enhanced)
  • Assassin's Pants (Pants 04) -> Starting Pants
  • Assassin's Gauntlets (Gloves 04) -> Feline Gauntlets

2. Adds crafting schematics for the new chest armour and weapons. The schematics for the pants, boots and gloves are available from Novigrad and Skellige armourers as per vanilla. Additionally:

• The Assassin's steel sword schematic can be looted from the Viper silver sword chest in White Orchard.
  • The Assassin's silver sword schematic can be looted from the Viper steel sword chest in White Orchard.
  • The Assassin's chest armour schematic can be looted from the Griffin steel sword chest in Velen.

Alternatively the chest armour and weapon schematics are available from Novigrad and Skellige Armourers and Blacksmiths after level 7.

3. Autogen versions of the armour set are sold at Novigrad and Skellige armours after approximately level 13 as per vanilla.
4. Autogen versions of the weapons have been added to the 'loot_monster_treasure_uniq_swords' list, i.e. they may drop from monsters.
5. Witcher and Starting gear items of those variants are dyeable for colour matching.
6. Adds Assassin's mask and glasses to the mask merchant outside Novigrad, East of 'Gate of the Hierach' fast travel point.
7. [OPTIONAL FILE] - Simple script based on this mod by erxv that allows keybind toggling of the bandit's mask (head item) on/off. No stats associated with this.

Edited by Arjy Yu

• 2 weeks later...

a lot of people right now are excited about Gwent - me included  :D

but this mod takes us kind of in an opposite direction  :P

No time for Gwent

Gwent is great, but sometimes you simply don't have time for it. Maybe you're on a very important mission or maybe you're playing the game for the 100th time and you don't want to play each and every game of Gwent, while you still want to collect all the cards, so you can complete the Gwent related quests.

With this mod you can use Axii to win when you don't have time, by pressing 'N' during Gwent. Note that you have to start the Gwent game, as pressing 'N' while you're on the Deck screen won't work. Also note that you're not really using Axii. It's just to fit into the story. 

These being said, unless you have a very good reason, you should always make time for Gwent :)

2060-0-1476564017.jpg

Roach Gallop Dust

2089-0-1478052917.png

Choose your dust density between low, medium or high (or turn the effect off completely)
or
Have the effect only active when you have Roach auto following a road
All thanks to the included mod menu

Known Issues
In normal mode the dust effect will play no matter what surface Roach is riding one (yes even stone). Hence the reason why the "Following Road" option was included in the mod as an alternative.
The effect has difficulties playing correctly if you go straight to to full gallop but if it should play just fine if you first canter with Roach for a split second before you transition to gallop speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I could ask here since it is mods that been recommended and also would like recommend a couple I seen, although not used them yet myself but will in the future.  If I am out of order, let me know and I make a separate thread instead.  Has anyone used the Preparations Mod ? Was wondering what your thoughts about it is if you used it.

On 2016-10-17 at 8:20 AM, Arjy Yu said:

there is also an interesting Note at the end of Description

Two of my other mods also have real time meditation feature: FriendlyHUD and Preparations. If you have any of these installed, you don't need this mod.

(Stay tuned, though, as I'm working on a big update for Friendly HUD).

While at it, has anyone used this mod, made by the same author, Ghost Mode by Wasteland Ghost aka wghost81 and if so, what's your thoughts about it ?

Spoiler

About the mod

The mod begun as a collection of fixes for bugged skills: when I started trying different builds I was a bit disappointed by how many of the skills don't actually work properly or even don't work at all. While at it I grew familiar with internals of gameplay mechanic and then the mod became something more. I called it Ghost Mode as a reference to Dark Mode in TW2 (and to my own nickname, obviously :)), because I wanted to make Death March difficulty harder and get rid of post level 10 snowballing problem. And I think I've succeeded: GM DM requires a good knowledge of opponent's behavior patterns and a good usage of your skills, equipment and alchemy. Trying to click an opponent to death will quickly get you killed
no matter what level you are. I haven't introduced drastic changes to achieve this - I've only tweaked some of the formulas, skills and equipment, so the game is still very close to vanilla. And that was my goal too - stay as close as possible to the original game.

But the mod is not only about difficulty. It introduces a lot of bugfixes, economy fixes, loot, crafting and alchemy adjustments and more distinctive monster characteristics. Those work for all difficulty levels and not for DM only, making them a bit harder, but also more interesting (in my opinion, of course).

For those who like customization options, the mod offers in-game menu (English, Russian, other languages use English strings) for:
- Auto-leveling (disabled, upscale, match, soft - upscale low-level enemies to be no more than 6 levels below you).
- Additional damage for enemies.
- Additional health for enemies.
- Experience modifier (default, no player level dependent penalties, no difficulty dependent penalties, full experience).
Those options are available only from main menu (Options -> Mods -> Ghost Mode) when no game is currently loaded.

Notes

All DLCs are supported. NG+ is supported, but not tested (items are probably not very well balanced in NG+).

Saved games will work, but you will start over-encumbered and will have tons of money from vanilla game, which will make crafting/buying aspect not very interesting.

The mod makes heavy changes to tons of xml files, so it's not compatible with most of the other xml mods without manual merging.

Also seen these mods, which I'm thinking installing for next play through. 

Witcher 2 Potion Length by mindkiller316 (Personally I disliked the short time the potions has, sometimes spending all of them in one fight, then walking around the corner and there is another fight and no pots left.)

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION
This mod increases the length of all potions to 10 minutes as seen in the Witcher 2.
GOTY patch 1.30 Ready.

WHY CREATE THIS MOD?

This mod was created to recapture how potions worked in the Witcher 2. By default, most potions last 20 or so seconds. This leads to you having to spam your potions several times during combat. You end up constantly glancing at your potion timers during battle, trying to keep track of when to next use them. Not to mention having to access your inventory in the middle of battle to swap them around should you run out. These distractions take focus away from combat and make potion management more of a hassle.

This mod attempts to remove focus away from potion management in battle, and enable the player to focus on combat.

What Changes Were Made

WITCHER 2 POTION LENGTH

Since potions can be upgraded three times, their upgraded lengths are represented by... Standard/Enhanced/Superior.

5 Min./ 7.5 Min./ 10 Min.

WITCHER 2 POTION LENGTH ENHANCED

This version of the mod has 10 minute potion lengths from the very beginning of the game.

10 Min./ 12.5 Min./ 15 Min.

FOOD CHANGES

Both versions change how food works. Those changes are as follows...
hps = Health per Second

Tier 1 Food and Drink, 700 seconds = 5 hps (Out of Combat)/2 hps(In Combat)
Tier 2 Food and Drink, 800 seconds = 10 hps (OOC)/4 hps (IC)
Tier 3 Food and Drink, 900 seconds = 15 hps(OOC)/7 hps (IC)

You can mix and match these effects by eating and drinking.

Perks Always Active by wlsdks0706 - JustAnOrdinaryGuy  (Effect General Skills and one would have thought CD Project Red would ahve done from the start)

DESCRIPTION:

Actives all learned General skills without having to equip them

Note: You'll have to reset your skills using a Potion of Clearance to make it work properly.
If you are using Debug Console Enabler you can create one using command "additem('Clearing Potion')"

• 4 weeks later...

1.31 GOG GOTY compatibility patch for 1.31 GOG and Steam non-GOTY versions of the game by Wasteland Ghost

1.31 GOG GOTY compatibility patch for 1.31 GOG/Steam non-GOTY versions of the game

Current game versions:
- 1.31 GOG GOTY: often referred to as just "GOTY", it's unique to GOG platform.
- Steam 1.31 GOTY: it's a bundle that consists of the base 1.31 game and all DLCs.
- Steam/GOG 1.31: regular game version often referred to as "non-GOTY".

So, there are essentially two versions of the game: 1.31 GOG GOTY ("GOTY") and 1.31 ("non-GOTY").

GOTY and non-GOTY versions are almost the same, but they have enough differences to create modding problems.

This package alters BASE game scripts and turns non-GOTY game into almost GOTY game:
- main menu will be random as in GOG GOTY version;
- you will get small fix for NG+ item levels that exists for GOG GOTY version only;
- "DLC installed" message will no longer pop up after loading a save;
- main menu greeting message will no longer be shown (not in GOG GOTY, needed for compatibility reasons).

To install the package copy "content" folder to your <Path To The Witcher 3> folder, replacing files when prompted (there are total of six files to replace). Re-merge all your Script Merger script merges if you had any.

The main source of merge conflicts between non-GOTY and GOTY versions are menu related scripts. Problem is that menu related code is not restricted to menu scripts but is also present in generic r4game.ws file that is used by mods sometimes not even remotely related to menus (like experience mods, for example). The nature of menu related changes in GOTY does not allow for auto-merging in Script Merger and partial merges with manual conflict resolution result in broken script if user has no experience with TW3 code. If you have such a problem, this patch will help you to resolve it and mods will auto-merge properly after installing it.

If you want to revert back to your 1.31 non-GOTY version, download "Base 1.31 scripts" and copy "content" folder to your <Path To The Witcher 3> folder, replacing files when prompted.

this video is an illustration to the patch above (btw, it has a new name now - Unification patch for 1.31 and 1.31GOTY game versions)

Game version used in this video is patched with Unification patch

There are a lot of mods on Nexus that belong to different versions of the game: 1.30, 1.31 and 1.31GOTY. All of these versions are nearly identical, so they potentially can be used together for any of the current game versions: 1.31 or 1.31GOTY. This video is a demonstration of how you can manually resolve the most common conflicts, caused by ingameMenu.ws script.