Gopher's Minions

Mods not working?

Slushy_Bucket

• 4 weeks later...

I updated the Full dialogue interface mod to the latest version, and it wouldn't install. I can't get any thing to work...I tried the 'Repacked BA2 files' version, and it installed, but still only the default shit speech options show, I've tried everything the mod author has suggested, but still no show. Spewing as I really loved this mod. I had already uninstalled and deleted the version I had working, because...cluttering the Nexus menu with obselete mods is irritating, but didn't realise that deleting actually means deleting now. Nexus still used to keep the zip files when I played Skyrim and FNV etc. but now they seem to be gone for good and the Mod author doesn't keep all the real old versions on his file page, obviously because they are too outdated to support, anyone else had this issue?

Not me but I am using an older version of the mod, I think. I not updated it for a while but at work now so will check when I come home what version and if you need it I can upload it for you so you can download it.  In case you not got it working by then that is of course. :P

6 hours ago, Breakwind said:

I updated the Full dialogue interface mod to the latest version, and it wouldn't install. I can't get any thing to work...I tried the 'Repacked BA2 files' version, and it installed, but still only the default shit speech options show, I've tried everything the mod author has suggested, but still no show. Spewing as I really loved this mod. I had already uninstalled and deleted the version I had working, because...cluttering the Nexus menu with obselete mods is irritating, but didn't realise that deleting actually means deleting now. Nexus still used to keep the zip files when I played Skyrim and FNV etc. but now they seem to be gone for good and the Mod author doesn't keep all the real old versions on his file page, obviously because they are too outdated to support, anyone else had this issue?

4 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Not me but I am using an older version of the mod, I think. I not updated it for a while but at work now so will check when I come home what version and if you need it I can upload it for you so you can download it.  In case you not got it working by then that is of course. :P

Home now and I have two version still on the PC, version Beta 7.1 and Beta 9.  Using Beta 9 right now and did a quick check and it working as it shall when I spoke with Piper.  Let me know if you want me to upload the Beta 7.1, since I see he still has the Beta 9 in his download content.

1 hour ago, Beuwolf said:

Home now and I have two version still on the PC, version Beta 7.1 and Beta 9.  Using Beta 9 right now and did a quick check and it working as it shall when I spoke with Piper.  Let me know if you want me to upload the Beta 7.1, since I see he still has the Beta 9 in his download content.

Thank you, I will be messing around with it later on today when I get back home, I'll let you know then if I may need it. The last version I had working was Beta 3 I think. I will try a looking through the game files to see if it was properly uninstalled 

{SOLVED, see edit}

Has anyone encountered having all the models from all their mods disappear from in-game?  I've been in the Survival beta last few weeks, so my mods were off until today.  I would imagine something got screwed up after switching back from beta.  I had backed up all my config ini files from before beta (as I had to create fresh configs during beta to prevent CTD), and loading in the old config inis causes CTD in this version.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed by the end user?  Or do we just have to wait for the mod authors to dive into their mods with the CK?

EDIT:  To solve this I had to do two things.   First, I had the game recreate the config/pref ini's and kept them as-is BUT I did bring back my saved "Fallout4Custom.ini" with [Archive] bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and sResourceDataDirsFinal= .  Second, major props to user MajorDick over at the Nexus for this post:
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4052725-fallout-4-creation-kit-beta-and-an-important-notice-to-survival-testers/?view=findpost&p=37135690

Archived